How do you prevent unrendered raising Achatina from starving?

Sakutera

How do you prevent unrendered raising Achatina from starving?

I just realized after a batch starved that ... dino's only eat cakes when rendered ...

So ye obviously growing Achatina's starved when i left them unrendered longer than their last food buffer. Maewing does not supply cakes either.

Would leaving stacks of cakes in inventory of the snail have helped?

The extra spoilage is kinda annoying then though... unless they can be made to preserve cakes longer like how they conserve organic polymer.

Because the spoiling will probably be updated first before food consumption, so all cakes spoil before their food requirements is calculated.

10 hours ago, Herbapou said:

Maybe youre base is too big?  I have notice some tribes tend to take huge amount of space for no reason or pillar the crap on zones they are not using.

HUge assumption , and completely not following the point.   This type of problem would effect everyone equally, large base or not....unless you have a base by every cave on the map you play on.

Regarding the actual topic, based on what you are saying - it would seem this might be something that will have to be iterated on before it's a usable feature.

• 2 months later...

I can confirm that using a maewing only works when online and most likely when rendered
offline the achatina wont be fed and will starve

I didnt try to put the cakes into every achatinas inventory yet, but anyhow the problem with that ofc is, that the cakes weight way too much as to have more than a very few (maybe 1-2) in their own inventory

It seems the fact WC made em breedable isnt properly thought through, aswell as the fact this topic is rather hard to find probably means nobody cares breeding em

On 10/20/2021 at 8:58 AM, Sakutera said:

How do you prevent unrendered raising Achatina from starving? I just realized after a batch starved that ... dino's only eat cakes when rendered ...So ye obviously growing Achatina's starved when i left them unrendered longer than their last food buffer. Maewing does not supply cakes either. Would leaving stacks of cakes in inventory of the snail have helped? The extra spoilage is kinda annoying then though... unless they can be made to preserve cakes longer like how they conserve organic polymer. Because the spoiling will probably be updated first before food consumption, so all cakes spoil before their food requirements is calculated.

Sadly I do not think there are many work arounds.....might be best to use cryopods to keep em alive any time you step out to do stuffs

Archived