Fix all the bugs with the new fast flyers

Starsnipe101

On 10/17/2021 at 7:14 AM, Starsnipe101 said:

Fix the bugs with the new fast flyers including 

flyers losing there movement speed when put in a cyropod or when u exit your game and rejoin 

and fix the bug we’re flyers do not gain speed from imprint 

What new fast flyers?

As far as i know only snow owl gets a speed buff from imprint.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:14 PM, Starsnipe101 said:

Fix the bugs with the new fast flyers including 

flyers losing there movement speed when put in a cyropod or when u exit your game and rejoin 

and fix the bug we’re flyers do not gain speed from imprint 

If you mean the fast fliers mod the mod author will have to fix any glitches with it. 

On 10/18/2021 at 3:54 AM, Baklap said:

What new fast flyers?

As far as i know only snow owl gets a speed buff from imprint.

20 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

If you mean the fast fliers mod the mod author will have to fix any glitches with it. 

Fast flyers has been added to non official servers and single player mode, including console's....Its the last check box in the general settings tab for host/local

6 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Yes im still waiting for my new toy that was broken right out of the box to be replaced(Im refering to the unworking put points in flyer speed box).

it works now. Iv been putting points in my quetzals movement speed. Must have been a ninja bug fix with that last update. But there are a couple of issues. First off, the points don't "stay put" If you cro or uncryo the creature, all the points come back and must be put back into speed. Also if your single player and turn the system off or go back to main menu, when you come back the points need to be reassigned again.

I also have not tested to see if you can get movement speed mutations, however my qutzal already had an extra 35% extra movement speed over 100%, so maybe it was possible before the update?

38 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

it works now. Iv been putting points in my quetzals movement speed. Must have been a ninja bug fix with that last update. But there are a couple of issues. First off, the points don't "stay put" If you cro or uncryo the creature, all the points come back and must be put back into speed. Also if your single player and turn the system off or go back to main menu, when you come back the points need to be reassigned again.

I also have not tested to see if you can get movement speed mutations, however my qutzal already had an extra 35% extra movement speed over 100%, so maybe it was possible before the update?

No, thts a tame multiplier bonus instated during the flyer nerf balancing.  My quetz has the same post tame speed stat, they all do.  Movement speed mutations r worthless.  U have to remember that levels/points acquired outside of exp are all considered wild points.  Wild creatures never gain anything from movement speed so mutations in speed are worthless.  Also r u console or pc, for the ninja fix?

21 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

No, thts a tame multiplier bonus instated during the flyer nerf balancing.  My quetz has the same post tame speed stat, they all do.  Movement speed mutations r worthless.  U have to remember that levels/points acquired outside of exp are all considered wild points.  Wild creatures never gain anything from movement speed so mutations in speed are worthless.  Also r u console or pc, for the ninja fix?

I am on console.....they "just" fixed it for us, however single player PC has had the option for 6 months now.

And movement speed mutations is not a thing? What about normal creatures such as gallimius? 

On 10/21/2021 at 12:56 AM, wizard03 said:

I am on console.....they "just" fixed it for us, however single player PC has had the option for 6 months now.

And movement speed mutations is not a thing? What about normal creatures such as gallimius? 

Its possible for all creatures to get mutations or wild points in movement speed, but itll be completely worthless to you.  Ever notice that no matter the level the creature is when you knock it out its speed is always the base 100%.  It has points put there, but they do nothing.  If you use a stat calc, after u place the stats, youll see that theres a chunk of lvls/points left over.  Most calcs will say points wasted on speed.  Mutations and TE levels(The levels u get the moment the creature tames to u) are all treated as wild levels and calculate to your creatures stats lik it.  Also if u breed a dino, and u notice the baby has the 2 extra levels from mutation but none of its stats are improved...Thats because it put em in speed(and/or oxygen for aquatic creatures)

Its possible for all creatures to get mutations or wild points in movement speed, but itll be completely worthless to you.  Ever notice that no matter the level the creature is when you knock it out its speed is always the base 100%.  It has points put there, but they do nothing.  If you use a stat calc, after u place the stats, youll see that theres a chunk of lvls/points left over.  Most calcs will say points wasted on speed.  Mutations and TE levels(The levels u get the moment the creature tames to u) are all treated as wild levels and calculate to your creatures stats lik it.  Also if u breed a dino, and u notice the baby has the 2 extra levels from mutation but none of its stats are improved...Thats because it put em in speed(and/or oxygen for aquatic creatures)

well that sucks. I wanted a dung beetle to be able to keep up with my thylo

U could breed weight and put its exp points in speed

Iv spent 50 points into speed of my quetzal and while it is noticeable, its not exactly breathtaking. I was hoping breeding would be the key to that, but now I am imagining if I spent every last possible point I can into speed on any creature now, the improvement would just be "ok" =/

Tropaganathis is truly the king of speed of any creature and nothing else will be able to touch it with a jet pack and a full tank of gas.

Oh well, guess Ill breed argies for weight and melee, then divide the points up for health and speed. 

On 10/22/2021 at 11:04 AM, wizard03 said:

Iv spent 50 points into speed of my quetzal and while it is noticeable, its not exactly breathtaking. I was hoping breeding would be the key to that, but now I am imagining if I spent every last possible point I can into speed on any creature now, the improvement would just be "ok" =/

Tropaganathis is truly the king of speed of any creature and nothing else will be able to touch it with a jet pack and a full tank of gas.

Oh well, guess Ill breed argies for weight and melee, then divide the points up for health and speed. 

Ya the only way to gain speed is by imprint and exp.  Now domestic points/lvls(Exp) work differently then the wild 1s.  Domestic points/lvls increase the stat by a set percentage based on what the stat was after TE points wer given.  So what its stats are when it tames to u/when it was born.  So if u put a point in melee on a dino with 100 melee and another1 thats the same type with 200.  The 200 will gain 2x what the 100 does.  This effect stacks with the imprint.  So an imprinted dino will gain more from speed lvls/points.  But this also means breeding hp and dmg will result in better gains combined with domestic points/lvls.  So u have to consider that if those stats matter to you.  Also if youre wanting to maximize your breeding u will want to cut a lvl 5 with 0 points in speed into ur base breeders, creating a new base.  This will allow you to mutate more times before u hit the lvl cap for ur breeding, which is 376 i believe.  Any baby over tht lvl is going to waste domestic points

23 hours ago, Woody714 said:

With the latest patch, I got my first exposure to fast flyer leveling. I notice that if placed in a cryopod, the levels get "refunded" and the flyer speed leveling returns to default. is this how it is supposed to work?

no, but its how it is working currently. Everytime this happens, just spend those points in speed again and pretend it never happened.

Archived