Admin Structure for Gametype Zones Modifier

Kage360

Suggestion

The Idea
The Idea is Simple, a structure (Flag, or Sensor) only admins can use, spawn, and destroy that can setup a zone on PVE that once you enter the zone it's PVP, and then the vice versa being PVP to PVE, it would also give an alert to any player who enters the zone that the gametype has changed example "Your Have Entered A PVP Zone" "You Have Entered A PVE Zone"
- Make it so only Admins can spawn/destroy the item, and of course use it, if that has to be said
- Make it so you can edit the size and shape of the zone kind of like of the tek sensor does
- toggable option to make sturctures in the zone immune to damage
- toggable option to show zone boundaries to either just You, Tribe, Allies, or Everyone

The Reasons I'm putting in this suggestion
My long explanation is the following pargraph but if you don't want to read it just skip the paragragh and I'll highlight in a simple and short way
The reasons I putting this forward, is because I am on Console, so I don't have access to mods like my steam counterparts on here do, The PVE Tribe War Option gets gets too glitchy and complicated to use, it took 5 hours to get each tribe setup to actually participate in rading a base an admin setup specifically for an event last time, I also already Host a bunch of PVE Servers and already tried to host a PVP server just for events but it is too expensive and people aren't as invested on a server that they play once or twice a week, and my Admins and I don't have the time of day to host several events in a given week, having this use would open up a lot of oppurtunities for Admins to use on events and make an easy to use system
- Too Expensive to Host a Dedicated Event Server
- PVE Tribe Wars is too Glitchy and Complicated involving multiple tribes making it not usable all too much
- Would make a more simplified system and open up a lot of options for admins to use in events

Closing Arguement
I know this idea has it's flaws, but this would make things easier for say arenas or Attack/Defense Gametypes, and other events I can't think of right now, if anyone has anything to add to the idea please share

2 replies to this server topic

I like this suggestion, could even take a page out of the Minecraft book and make a command block.  You put down a specific foundation and anything within a range or connected to that piece would be considered a PVP zone.   Would need to make sure projectiles generated inside the zone, that stray outside of the zone do not affect players as PVE.. amongst other things.

Archived