Achatina Mating

cyrax76

5 hours ago, Mai said:

you forgot encumbered method, just fill the inventory with wood or stones

its how its been done in the past when snail first got added to the game which also prevented players losing them when they would clip thru walls when the area wasnt rendered in

That prevents them from moving but it doesn't prevent them from breeding. The OP was asking about breeding.

since this patch that made snails breedable, the concept of having them on wander to get Paste is now flawed, because now they are constantly pregnant & drop babys everywhere!

how about a seperation between mating & wandering?!

i mean we have to have them on wander to accumulate paste, and now they are constantly banging!........ this just cant be right!

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Achatina Mating
On 10/16/2021 at 8:21 PM, Yggdrassil said:

Wandering also 'enables mating' on all dinos. If you want paste your  snaptube  vidmate options are;

- Space cages so they are out of mating range

- Spay them

I have around 30 caged snails, i just let them breed, doesn't really make any difference to have a few dead snail around.

Would let them breed is  okey ??

9 hours ago, LayDee said:

Never have mine on wander for paste though.
I just have 12 lined up in 3 rows of 4, parked a gacha on top of 'm 
Empty out the gacha once every day and got sh*t tons of paste :)

The 1200 extra paste I could get by putting 'm on wander as well... eeeh that's peanuts to what the gacha gathers :)
It's just a tip.

dont you have to have the gachas filled with something if you do that?!

i mean, dont they make crystals out of the paste?!

or dont gachas produce, when not rendered in, but still pick up paste?!

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, HenryManson said:

omg they are fusing posts together again, so problems look less big of an issue... this forum sometimes -.-

ps: i bet i get banned again for flaming, because of this, but i dont care anymore! if you dont talk about issues, nothing will ever change =/

Nothing is changing to "look less big of an issue".

Threads about the same topic are always merged together.

2 hours ago, HenryManson said:

or dont gachas produce, when not rendered in, but still pick up paste?!

tames dont even poop when in stasis so gacha has nothing to pick up and gacha dont produce anything while in stasis similar to tames that have the ability to craft like beavers and even gen2 mek will stop crafting when the area goes into stasis 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:52 PM, rodymanners said:

Would let them breed is  okey ??

Yes, nothing will happen and if they are not claimed they will die eventually. Someone else may claim them though so might want to be careful of that and you cant harvest the body so it will have to auto decay after something like 30 mins on pve. The only argument some people may have is server performance but i wouldn't worry unless you have hundreds breeding all the time 

Archived