Character transfer question...

OniZero713

Just exactly how did you take your character over? Did you upload the character and then download the character at an obelisk?

Maybe upload and then do a transfer when you first login?

Copy some files?

There are probably 3 or 4 ways to do this. I've only done it one way, and probably not the best way, but did get my character from a SP to a Dedicated Server.

I had no engram points

2 minutes ago, Grimlock98 said:

likely when you made your character and leveled up to where you were the settings you have were boosted (example: speed, weight...etc)  well when you joined the server their settings were different.

take this as a good thing, at least you dont have to worry about getting a mindwipe potion

1 minute ago, OniZero713 said:

lol I just started a new character on the server. It would probably be more fun that way for me anyway. the boosted stats thing makes since now. I had adjusted them a little so I could carry more.

similar thing happened to me, but im a snob, i dont want to level again i want to pick back up where i left off LOL

1 hour ago, OniZero713 said:

I went into SP and uploaded data to OB. I logged out and then joined the Dedicated server. I downloaded data and it showed all of my stats from when I uploaded. When I got into the game after getting the data my stats had been reduced and my engrams were gone.

Was this on the Center map? I've seen some mention of a bug that will be fixed in the next patch. The first version of the official Center has a different format for Uploads/Downloads of character and dinos. It is not compatible with the Island. So if you switch maps from the Island to the Center, I think you would see happen exactly what you saw.

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

Was this on the Center map? I've seen some mention of a bug that will be fixed in the next patch. The first version of the official Center has a different format for Uploads/Downloads of character and dinos. It is not compatible with the Island. So if you switch maps from the Island to the Center, I think you would see happen exactly what you saw.

well it was from the center sp to the center dedicated. i read that too and was hoping maybe it wouldnt matter.

Archived