Community Crunch 288: ExtraLife Team Sign-Up, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Im so speechless, but i will speak anyway... everyday im looking to play other games when this things happens... i wasnt expecting a EVO event this weekend, but the starting o Fear Evolved event the 10/18/21. Extra Life just works only 25 hours, no more... so, we gonna have, for example: 2x in Fear Evolve + the Extra Life multiplier?? Or we gonna have only the Extra Life multiplier in the day? Im so confussed about this mess. I remember when a bout some years ago we got 3 weeks for any Holiday Event, and Extra Life separated from thhose Events. And now we gonna have both in one, "Cheaper by the dozen", right? I may say that as few people here say; i love the game... but everything goes to hell when actually i see that no one of WildCard Team and new Team give a "sweet" to the real community that is actually playing the game and has bought the game years ago... no respect, no love, no "Good vibes". It doesnt matter how many times we, the real community, wanna help to improve the game as the players that were playing this awesome game since almost it started... WC will never take us seriously and only will gonna sellect those people that actually send "Good Vibes" and doesnt really care about the game, just wanna lick some "Grapes"...

DI

SA

PO

IN

TED.

Rest in Peace, Ark 1...

Edited by BlackScarlatta
  • Facepalm 2

8 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

It seems like lately your only sight is on Ark 2, when EVERYONE knows that ark 2 is gonna be just as much of a disaster as Ark 1, and why is that?  BECAUSE OF YOU AT WILDCARD BEING YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY!  Especially when you have players telling you about issues with the game for months, and what do you do?  Ignore it, push it aside and throw up some vague and useless community crunch to distract and redirect, hoping the problem just gets forgotten about.

The only thing that keeps Ark player base up is the beauty of game itself.

I agree, devs should more listen to people loving Ark. But it must also be admitted that by the fact that we love this game and we forgive devs for bad treatment, we get them used to mediocrity.

• Like 1

What a poor bunch!
No EVO - whine, EVO without breeding - whine! EVO + ExtraLife - complain too!
I also enjoy breeding, but there is still so much to do.

It's not an EVO - no problem! Can I FINALLY do all those things that I have left behind for weeks or months.
- finally complete my port on Valguero,
- modernize the pirate base on Extinction,
- finally realize my underwater base on the island,
- build an improved space whale trap in the generational spaceship,
- and and and
... i can think of a lot of damn things that I've wanted to do for a long time.

I've been playing the damn game for four damn years and I keep feeling like I'll never finish my damn projects!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, slejo said:

The only thing that keeps Ark player base up is the beauty of game itself.

I agree, devs should more listen to people loving Ark. But it must also be admitted that by the fact that we love this game and we forgive devs for bad treatment, we get them used to mediocrity.

I couldn’t agree more slejo.  The more we “forgive” mediocre, the more mediocre we receive.  I get that NOTHING is perfect and the more in-depth something, like Ark is, the more layers and moving parts there are for something to go wrong, BUT when there are problems that arise that are brought up by people that play the game daily and they are ignored for years that’s a problem.

I wasn’t complaining about an evo event to start off.  Yes an evo event would be nice, but I also understand that for the next 2.5-3 months the rates will be boosted more times than they won’t be.  Showing my longevity in the game, I remember when there were not events, taming that 150 Dino took 6 HOURS, 4K narcs and almost a hundred kibble.  So I do take into consideration that those days aren’t with us and I’m thankful for that, but after thousands of hours and years in playing a game the “getting arked” incidents take their toll, so I get where the attitude comes from, because I have myself developed it.  To end this second chapter of a book, ARK and WC have come a long way, much farther than I would have ever thought, but there is always room for improvement and to be better than the competition.  If WC would work on their communication, go by the moto “if it isn’t broke don’t fix it and if it is broke, don’t break it more” there truly is no limit to what they can do with this game.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I made a post that was closed the other day about my artwork being credited wrong. Im the artist that did the Allosaurus drawing. It was originally credited to norat5224 who uploaded it to steam without my permission.

You guys changed it here so that its credited correctly, but its still not fixed on steam. Can someone please fix that?

• Thanks 1

Truly Grateful for the TLC update, in addition to this update to help the servers that struggle and or other servers that have the potential but NOT the updates yet. Could we see TLC on the maps meaning could we see shards start to be harvestable by stryder on C isles. YAY! Obsiden nodes on respective maps give more per hit. and paste paste paste... adjust the quantity in the dams that actually have a fighting chance due to survivors crowding the areas. (make us hit the trees) but give us a hell of a fight at the dams with good paste rewards.  

Oil nodes could be (pimple'd) on occasion ... and the meat runs are ok but the spoil timers in the fridge is getting real. Maytag man says all is good but my steaks dont make week by week sometimes. and making jerky takes a good run on the sparky powder.... its got to be aftermarket powder .... just dont last that long! Thankyou survivors and WC for an awesome addiction! literally digital crack!   love it 

Please fixe the dolphin misson ..its so buggy and unfair in consoles servers ..this misson need 40 min time without lag or bug and now we stucked in alpha..most time we cant shoot or target enemies in space or tunnels..lag for 4 min it's so annoying.. please just fixe this problems in dolphin ..misson is hard enough ..

Imagine being so bad at either playing ark of all things or just general time management that you continually screech about evo events every single time a CC comes out. Seriously, if you guys are such paupers that you're  always desperate for constant boosted rates then get off of the official servers and go to the boosted unofficials. Leave the old school grind to the people that don't expect to leech off of an event to make progress every time the game company opens their mouths on a weekend.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! 

Really happy about the recent update. So glad to have Rock Drakes breeding and the Anky auto-harvest is a nice QoL convenience so thanks for that.

I'm also really happy to hear that my favourite holiday is right around the corner. Please can we have the gorgeous autumn foliage back on the Island this Halloween, and the chilly weather. 

When I started Ark two years ago, that was one of the first events I participated in and I loved the seasonal trees. It was beautiful and atmospheric and rewarded returning to the Island map for those events. Super hyped and looking forward to having special trees this time around again.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:21 PM, forgotenlore said:

please add a item that allows us to see gestating animal baby stats so we dont have to leave 100 animals or more out for mutations. it would help with tame cap problems thank you.

maybe something like an ultrasound? idk, i don't really breed mammals for this reason, even b4 the incubator the only mammal i ever bred were manas and gachas, (for obvious reasons)

On 10/16/2021 at 8:12 PM, Batfloke said:

Sssooooooo......

Everything in this Crunch is, in essence, 100% worthless as the transfers are STILL locked, we are STILL waiting on the rollback/fix which means there is STILL no point playing as everything we have done for the last 28-odd hours and everything from now until they FINALLY fix what they broke and roll it all back again - EVERYTHING done in this period will not count or show up anywhere.

WHY are people even bothering to cry about no Evo - you could have x100000 and it would mean absolutely nothing as it will all be as if none of it was ever done when it rolls back. Which may or may not even be this year considering we are halfway through October.....

And now to compound the problems we are all having to suffer through - the Fear event is now going to be running ACROSS the Extra Life Event! I mean, how ridiculously and badly planned is this shower? Last year the Fear event ended the day before E-L and it was still a bloody nightmare with performance etc. So now, with the whole G2 farce continuing and turning out to be the best thing possible for new releases like New World etc as people are fleeing Ark to buy & play those games now, they choose to change the dates of the Fear event to run straight through E-L? What - you think it won't be a complete disaster?

Are you kidding me?!!?!

But no - as usual when everything goes horribly wrong like this, there is NO communication about it from the "community manager" or indeed anyone else from WC. We get a meaningless and really rather ridiculous update but no fix for the broken and stasis-bound game as a whole.

People crying over no Evo event when the game isn't even running? Changing dates so as to have Fear running at the same time as E-L..?....     

Hahahahahahahaha! The horrendous, yet somehow now incredibly comical, state of this mess is stunning!

On 10/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, ccz2887 said:

Man you guys are really batting a thousand. By reading what people have said on Twitter regarding the supposed “QOL” balance update that you unleashed on pc lol.  Sure you say it’s aimed at pvp but you blockheads are gonna make pve TAKE THE SHAFT FOR IT AGAIN!  Just like the flyer nerf, the mana nerf, the umpteen million giga nerfs over the years, the gacha nerf, the inability to put turrets on platform saddles anymore (that was 5 years ago and that’s what started this rabbit hole we keep going down).  You DO NOT listen to the community, you DO NOT understand the difference of game play between the 2 modes, I have to question whether or not you even care.  If ya did there would be separate balances right from the start instead of this long list of bs that has come down the pipe over the years.  It seems like lately your only sight is on Ark 2, when EVERYONE knows that ark 2 is gonna be just as much of a disaster as Ark 1, and why is that?  BECAUSE OF YOU AT WILDCARD BEING YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY!  Especially when you have players telling you about issues with the game for months, and what do you do?  Ignore it, push it aside and throw up some vague and useless community crunch to distract and redirect, hoping the problem just gets forgotten about.

In regards to the extra life event taking place during the fear evolved event, THEY DO THIS EVERY YEAR!  And then in the meantime while rates are hitting 5x, 6x, 7x we’re all stuck with full servers, rubber banding, high pings disconnects and whatever else can go wrong.  Einstein said “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”.  I’d like to say the Einstein was being too nice, that’s the definition of STUPIDITY!  They know what these events do to the servers, they know what the aftermath is, and they know how bad it ticks off the community.  Not to mention WC has not EVER put out a clean near seamless update or patch IN 5 AND A HALF YEARS!!  So fear is gonna go live, it’s gonna take 4 days to fix it because they broke SOMETHING!  Then it’s at least a dozen server resets to get it so it’s right or fairly stable to play.  Who wants to bet me on that?  Anyone?  

My last little vent is as much as this game, WC, cheaters/dupers and just the natural order of the universe seem to screw everyone over, yeah evo events could be enacted more often, but only with stable servers.  It’s just that little piece of justice that us Ark players need to keep some skin in the game, literally.  Sorry WC, you should have known the can of worms you opened 5 years ago when ya started doing the evo events, if ya didn’t I dunno what to tell ya.  

After all that, WC you guys have an awesome game and it has the potential to kick the big game developers right in the knees.  We don’t gripe to annoy and be thorns in your sides, we gripe because we care and love the game! You guys have done an amazing job creating a game with this much depth and involvement, but the bad decisions at the company level are holding it back.

Holy ****.  People with real minds capable of understanding and fairness...World really is gonna end!