Community Crunch 288: ExtraLife Team Sign-Up, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

This week we're preparing for Fear Evolved 5 which will run from Tuesday, October 26th until Tuesday, November 9th!  We'll be sharing the full event details in the next Community Crunch.  In addition to Fear Evolved, Extra Life is right around the corner!

ExtraLife_logo_RGB.png

If you've never tuned in for our 24 hour ExtraLife stream, you're in for a treat! As usual, we'll be sharing upcoming ARK info, playing games, and most importantly raising money for kids in need for 24 hours!  It all goes down on November 6th at 10am PDT.  Join us for our seventh ExtraLife event and help us raise some money #ForTheKids!

If you are interested in joining our team to help raise money, we'd love to have you!  Check out this link for more information on how to get started.  All donations go to the Extra Life organization and contribute to raising the Official Network rates!  We'll be sharing an event outline and details on boosted Official Network rates in the near future!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is no EVO event this week!

communitycorner.png

clipsvideos.png

Creator: SINZAHH

How unstoppable is this duo?  You watch and be the judge!

Creator: Flipsider Entertainment

Getting a little tired of your setup?  Take a look at an episode of Extreme Home Makeovers: ARK Edition!

fanart_2.png

Allosaurus by Pacadian

download.jpg

ARK Experience in Nutshell by LastKrystalDragon

ark_experience_in_nutshell_by_lastkrystaldragon_desqavz-fullview.jpg

Tyrannosaurus by _morena_goddes_

download (1).jpg

Untitled by DiscountWendigo#5827

image0.jpg

My Best Mana Art by Zock#4258

Managamar_FanartF.jpg

Best kitty of the ARK! by @Alvozath

FBrUrdGWEAAkr-P.jpg

Untitled by @VELUKO1

FBnI5P0XoAU5Jec.jpg

screen.png

@BlueDragonARK

FBW9afwXoAQlpWf.jpg

@EgoSilentium

FBhTE1JWEAkzve8.jpg

BaldisBasics201#4735

image0 (1).jpg

Catch you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

Primitive plus??? And please fix the refining forge and advance workbench and the smithy, 

Refining forge cannot make bricks or steal as clay and carbon cannot be placed inside them

Advanced smithy breaks on every patch stopping you from being able to craft things such as metal spike walls

Also you cannot craft the advanced workbench in a smithy only another advanced workbench

So without a friend on server to supply you with an advanced workbench and a forge you literally cannot reach brick walls and advance further in game. 

This is official xbox pvp rag 5 prim + and all official xbox prim + servers are the same.

PLEASE READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE 100 MINIMUM PLAYERS STILL CLINGING TO THE MOST EPIC VERSION OF ARK WHICH IS PRIM +

Also a Halloween or any holiday event wouldn't go a miss either! 

Edited by MrBatts
Explanation of refining forge was missing

1 minute ago, forgotenlore said:

please add a item that allows us to see gestating animal baby stats so we dont have to leave 100 animals or more out for mutations. it would help with tame cap problems thank you.

Yeah, considering the Incubator demonstrates the 'tech' works now we need some kind of handheld device to determine gestating baby stats.

That's a great suggestion.

I'd also like the see, at the Tek tier, a device that you can use to modify the baby in the egg/in utero and ensure colours and stats you want at the cost of Element Shards/Dust. Like a 'Tek Gene Sequencer'. You're limited to the colours and stats the parents already had, so it wouldn't upset balance - it just cuts down the time it might take to get the baby with the colours and stats you want. Unless you get absolutely lucky on your first breeding.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cailean556 said:

Yeah, considering the Incubator demonstrates the 'tech' works now we need some kind of handheld device to determine gestating baby stats.

That's a great suggestion.

I'd also like the see, at the Tek tier, a device that you can use to modify the baby in the egg/in utero and ensure colours and stats you want at the cost of Element Shards/Dust. Like a 'Tek Gene Sequencer'. You're limited to the colours and stats the parents already had, so it wouldn't upset balance - it just cuts down the time it might take to get the baby with the colours and stats you want. Unless you get absolutely lucky on your first breeding.

Ultrasound scanners and CRISPR ftw 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MrBatts said:

Mais primitivo ??? E, por favor, conserte a forja de refino, a bancada de trabalho avançada e a ferraria, 

A forja de refino não pode fazer tijolos ou roubar, pois argila e carbono não podem ser colocados dentro deles

A forja avançada quebra em cada remendo, impedindo você de fazer coisas como paredes com espigões de metal

Além disso, você não pode criar a bancada de trabalho avançada em uma ferraria, apenas outra bancada de trabalho avançada

Portanto, sem um amigo no servidor para fornecer uma bancada de trabalho avançada e uma forja, você literalmente não pode alcançar paredes de tijolos e avançar mais no jogo. 

Este é o xbox pvp rag 5 prim + oficial e todos os servidores xbox prim + oficiais são os mesmos.

POR FAVOR, LEIA E RECONHECE OS 100 JOGADORES MÍNIMOS AINDA APRENDIDOS À VERSÃO MAIS ÉPICA DO ARK QUE É PRIM +

Também um Halloween ou qualquer evento de feriado não iria perder também! 

They dont even care about Primitive Plus, i lit sent tickets and tickets but all they say is "i cant do nothing, im just a GM" me and my friends planned to play this end of year but if they dont fix it ASAP, we arent playing...

Sssooooooo......

Everything in this Crunch is, in essence, 100% worthless as the transfers are STILL locked, we are STILL waiting on the rollback/fix which means there is STILL no point playing as everything we have done for the last 28-odd hours and everything from now until they FINALLY fix what they broke and roll it all back again - EVERYTHING done in this period will not count or show up anywhere.

WHY are people even bothering to cry about no Evo - you could have x100000 and it would mean absolutely nothing as it will all be as if none of it was ever done when it rolls back. Which may or may not even be this year considering we are halfway through October.....

And now to compound the problems we are all having to suffer through - the Fear event is now going to be running ACROSS the Extra Life Event! I mean, how ridiculously and badly planned is this shower? Last year the Fear event ended the day before E-L and it was still a bloody nightmare with performance etc. So now, with the whole G2 farce continuing and turning out to be the best thing possible for new releases like New World etc as people are fleeing Ark to buy & play those games now, they choose to change the dates of the Fear event to run straight through E-L? What - you think it won't be a complete disaster?

Are you kidding me?!!?!

But no - as usual when everything goes horribly wrong like this, there is NO communication about it from the "community manager" or indeed anyone else from WC. We get a meaningless and really rather ridiculous update but no fix for the broken and stasis-bound game as a whole.

People crying over no Evo event when the game isn't even running? Changing dates so as to have Fear running at the same time as E-L..?....     

Hahahahahahahaha! The horrendous, yet somehow now incredibly comical, state of this mess is stunning!

Man you guys are really batting a thousand. By reading what people have said on Twitter regarding the supposed “QOL” balance update that you unleashed on pc lol.  Sure you say it’s aimed at pvp but you blockheads are gonna make pve TAKE THE SHAFT FOR IT AGAIN!  Just like the flyer nerf, the mana nerf, the umpteen million giga nerfs over the years, the gacha nerf, the inability to put turrets on platform saddles anymore (that was 5 years ago and that’s what started this rabbit hole we keep going down).  You DO NOT listen to the community, you DO NOT understand the difference of game play between the 2 modes, I have to question whether or not you even care.  If ya did there would be separate balances right from the start instead of this long list of bs that has come down the pipe over the years.  It seems like lately your only sight is on Ark 2, when EVERYONE knows that ark 2 is gonna be just as much of a disaster as Ark 1, and why is that?  BECAUSE OF YOU AT WILDCARD BEING YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY!  Especially when you have players telling you about issues with the game for months, and what do you do?  Ignore it, push it aside and throw up some vague and useless community crunch to distract and redirect, hoping the problem just gets forgotten about.

In regards to the extra life event taking place during the fear evolved event, THEY DO THIS EVERY YEAR!  And then in the meantime while rates are hitting 5x, 6x, 7x we’re all stuck with full servers, rubber banding, high pings disconnects and whatever else can go wrong.  Einstein said “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”.  I’d like to say the Einstein was being too nice, that’s the definition of STUPIDITY!  They know what these events do to the servers, they know what the aftermath is, and they know how bad it ticks off the community.  Not to mention WC has not EVER put out a clean near seamless update or patch IN 5 AND A HALF YEARS!!  So fear is gonna go live, it’s gonna take 4 days to fix it because they broke SOMETHING!  Then it’s at least a dozen server resets to get it so it’s right or fairly stable to play.  Who wants to bet me on that?  Anyone?  

My last little vent is as much as this game, WC, cheaters/dupers and just the natural order of the universe seem to screw everyone over, yeah evo events could be enacted more often, but only with stable servers.  It’s just that little piece of justice that us Ark players need to keep some skin in the game, literally.  Sorry WC, you should have known the can of worms you opened 5 years ago when ya started doing the evo events, if ya didn’t I dunno what to tell ya.  

After all that, WC you guys have an awesome game and it has the potential to kick the big game developers right in the knees.  We don’t gripe to annoy and be thorns in your sides, we gripe because we care and love the game! You guys have done an amazing job creating a game with this much depth and involvement, but the bad decisions at the company level are holding it back.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

Man you guys are really batting a thousand. By reading what people have said on Twitter regarding the supposed “QOL” balance update that you unleashed on pc lol.  Sure you say it’s aimed at pvp but you blockheads are gonna make pve TAKE THE SHAFT FOR IT AGAIN!  Just like the flyer nerf, the mana nerf, the umpteen million giga nerfs over the years, the gacha nerf, the inability to put turrets on platform saddles anymore (that was 5 years ago and that’s what started this rabbit hole we keep going down).  You DO NOT listen to the community, you DO NOT understand the difference of game play between the 2 modes, I have to question whether or not you even care.  If ya did there would be separate balances right from the start instead of this long list of bs that has come down the pipe over the years.  It seems like lately your only sight is on Ark 2, when EVERYONE knows that ark 2 is gonna be just as much of a disaster as Ark 1, and why is that?  BECAUSE OF YOU AT WILDCARD BEING YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY!  Especially when you have players telling you about issues with the game for months, and what do you do?  Ignore it, push it aside and throw up some vague and useless community crunch to distract and redirect, hoping the problem just gets forgotten about.

In regards to the extra life event taking place during the fear evolved event, THEY DO THIS EVERY YEAR!  And then in the meantime while rates are hitting 5x, 6x, 7x we’re all stuck with full servers, rubber banding, high pings disconnects and whatever else can go wrong.  Einstein said “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”.  I’d like to say the Einstein was being too nice, that’s the definition of STUPIDITY!  They know what these events do to the servers, they know what the aftermath is, and they know how bad it ticks off the community.  Not to mention WC has not EVER put out a clean near seamless update or patch IN 5 AND A HALF YEARS!!  So fear is gonna go live, it’s gonna take 4 days to fix it because they broke SOMETHING!  Then it’s at least a dozen server resets to get it so it’s right or fairly stable to play.  Who wants to bet me on that?  Anyone?  

My last little vent is as much as this game, WC, cheaters/dupers and just the natural order of the universe seem to screw everyone over, yeah evo events could be enacted more often, but only with stable servers.  It’s just that little piece of justice that us Ark players need to keep some skin in the game, literally.  Sorry WC, you should have known the can of worms you opened 5 years ago when ya started doing the evo events, if ya didn’t I dunno what to tell ya.  

After all that, WC you guys have an awesome game and it has the potential to kick the big game developers right in the knees.  We don’t gripe to annoy and be thorns in your sides, we gripe because we care and love the game! You guys have done an amazing job creating a game with this much depth and involvement, but the bad decisions at the company level are holding it back.

Nothing but facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

FE & E-L at the same time?

Unless you're replacing some physical servers/connections this weekend & next week before FE starts: you are out of your minds!

Many of the PC Official Gen2 maps are barely functioning atm (think: yo-yo performance).

For a couple of months, or longer, every time any type of evo event kicks in (2x+) the server crashes & kicks everyone. Almost on a schedule at times.

Hell, ours has been crashing a bit more frequently the past couple of weeks & that's w/o an evo event of any kind.

I love the whole team & the efforts put in for this game.

Sadly, someone at some level of authority is NOT thinking, listening, or giving a damn. That's disappointing & aggravating to the player base & the staff being ignored.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Batfloke said:

Sssooooooo......

Everything in this Crunch is, in essence, 100% worthless as the transfers are STILL locked, we are STILL waiting on the rollback/fix which means there is STILL no point playing as everything we have done for the last 28-odd hours and everything from now until they FINALLY fix what they broke and roll it all back again - EVERYTHING done in this period will not count or show up anywhere.

WHY are people even bothering to cry about no Evo - you could have x100000 and it would mean absolutely nothing as it will all be as if none of it was ever done when it rolls back. Which may or may not even be this year considering we are halfway through October.....

And now to compound the problems we are all having to suffer through - the Fear event is now going to be running ACROSS the Extra Life Event! I mean, how ridiculously and badly planned is this shower? Last year the Fear event ended the day before E-L and it was still a bloody nightmare with performance etc. So now, with the whole G2 farce continuing and turning out to be the best thing possible for new releases like New World etc as people are fleeing Ark to buy & play those games now, they choose to change the dates of the Fear event to run straight through E-L? What - you think it won't be a complete disaster?

Are you kidding me?!!?!

But no - as usual when everything goes horribly wrong like this, there is NO communication about it from the "community manager" or indeed anyone else from WC. We get a meaningless and really rather ridiculous update but no fix for the broken and stasis-bound game as a whole.

People crying over no Evo event when the game isn't even running? Changing dates so as to have Fear running at the same time as E-L..?....     

Hahahahahahahaha! The horrendous, yet somehow now incredibly comical, state of this mess is stunning!

What?

do we know when the massive update (rock drake breeding, etc.) is coming to console? my guess is its coming with the Halloween event. we also need somthing new to spice this event as its probably the last Haloween event Ark 1 will have. maybe like Syntac's sugestion, somthing along the lines of the DOX hell horse.

Honestly I think you should reduce the time limits to transfer from map to map...

Also when a person goes from one place to another the items they accidentally forget about as they move to next map should be dropped into a bag at the place they left. So going from gen2 to their home map and they accidentally forget they had something else on besides food that when they portal out those items get dropped in a bag giving the player a chance to retrieve them if they race back.. 

That idea I think would be very helpful considering new players that are learning everything have a fighting chance especially if they accidentally left a cryo pod with Dino on them by accident.