Server Issues After Patch 338.23

DungBeetle

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Server Issues After Patch 338.23

Same my servers won't update past 337.16.  Tried app_update 376030 "App is already up to date"  Also noticed that I only see 5 unofficial servers online yet every single official server is up.  Tried a validate, app is up to date and validates.  I have 11 servers down because of this botched update.  Tried a full install to a different drive. It just downloads 337.16.  Tried deleting steamcmd and reinstalling it no go.

Same issue here.  I have 11+ servers down because of this botched update.  Won't update past 337.16.  Version.txt says 337.15.  Tried fresh install to another drive it just downloads 337.16 again.  Tried deleting steamcmd and reinstalling.  On first run it validates all files found and says up is up to date.  Launch server 337.16.  DILO this is starting to get really ridiculous honestly.  Opened up my game and only 5 public unofficial servers are online and barely 20 password protected unofficial servers.  Yet all official servers are up just fine. 

If you have access to the files you could simply delete the bad cluster file containing your drake, then take an older copy of the map file and run on a local server, upload the drake again, then copy the cluster file to the real server.

Thats the kind of thing I do when my son gets animals killed. Just run old map on my computer, upload dino, copy cluster file to the server and then download it for him. Even having recovered dead animals at least 50 times he still cries when they die 😮

the map files are something like that although the actual directory is configurable... for example my test server would not use a directory based on map name while my real servers do use a directory indicating the map... but yes if you find files with map and date in the m those are the old map files. for example:
C:\ArkServers\Test1\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\Ragnarok_10.02.2018_23.54.04.ark
C:\ArkServers\Test1\ShooterGame\Saved\Island\TheIsland_18.07.2021_01.14.45.ark

Offhand I don't know where the default location is for the cluster/obelisk files as I have mine configured to a specific folder for all the servers so I can upload on one and download on another... and I have it set the same on my local test server even though its not sharing the file.  Perhaps something like: ShooterGame/Saved/clusters/[cluster_id] not sure what folder it uses if you don't have clustering set.

I do know that there is one  custer/obelisk file for each player that uploads something and the filename is the players steamid number with no file extension... so that would mean the cluster file for you would be same as your profile file after removing the ".arkprofile" from the name. So if your profile file is named "76561198054444689.arkprofile" then the cluster/obelisk file is named "76561198054444689"

Archived