Server refusing to update even after clean install...

Xenithar

Had an issue since 337.15 dropped. Cannot update at all. Reinstalled both SteamCMD and Ark Dedicated Server. No dice. Why is Ark so broken since that patch bug that made the version something like 600? First it was three solid weeks of Vivox crashing, then 337.15 fixed that, and now we cannot update. Are the new versions only for official?

Redirecting stderr to 'C:\Games\SteamCMD\logs\stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
Logging in user '<hid my username>' to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.

However, upon launching the game it clearly says 337.15 AND the text file "version.txt" says 337.15. So what in the heck is going on? I even tried this on another system which has never had Ark installed and it appears as though SteamCMD is only seeing version 337.15 and nothing newer.

Well, the new update/ultra-nerf will not pull down to my server. I even did a clean install which turns out to be 337.16, and then trying to update does this.

Loading Steam API...OK
Logging in user '<hid my username>' to Steam Public...OK
Press any key to continue . . .

What is broken with Valve, Steam, or Ark? Googling resulted in many people with the same issue and some solved it by reinstalling SteamCMD or Ark, and I have done both. I clean install always gives me 337.16. Now nobody can play on our cluster, AGAIN. We just had three weeks of the Vivox client being broken and crashing servers so we couldn't play and now this crap!

We're all adults here. We have lives, families, and kids. We cannot play eight hours a day so when we are down it is indeed a big deal when your hour a day is now shot. Wildcard and/or Valve need to get their crap together.

Also, who asked for these massive nerfs? My players are already peeved about them since we had no issues with the various things which got nerfed. We learned how to deal with those situations. Reminds me of the flyer nerf.

Last build released for dedicated servers  is:

public   7407845 21 days ago

They have to release it and then we can update our servers. Last version i can install is 337.16 and now with the update nobody can connect anymore to my servers. They are  up but not listed. Updating is not working. Already up to date...

• 2 weeks later...

SteamDB says the patch dropped an hour ago but my dedicated server cluster says I am up to date. What the heck is going on? I keep having down-time due to this insane delay between FORCING my client to update and then my servers claiming to be up to date! Get your act together, people! The game is six now and we're having problems I would expect from an alpha release!

Loading Steam API...OK
Logging in user '<hidden>' to Steam Public...OK
Press any key to continue . . .

Archived