dungen keeper or npc s in ark 2

VauZwei

• 2 weeks later...

You mean something like missions? I agree with having more "PvE" content beyond just the eternal grind we're always on with the taming and the resources and the base management. Extinction loot drops and element veins were cool, Genesis 1 missions were cooler, Genesis 2 missions more cooler. But it still feels like a DireWolf feature shoehorned into a game never designed to support it.

I mean, considering we have wyverns and griphons, gargoyles wouldn't be totally out of place. But features have to make sense in the in-game universe, and having Gargoyles in bases you need to raid just seems like an idea that could be improved upon a thousand times. The gameplay part of it is fine, but the rest needs iteration. There's been sugggestions of having NPC tribes you can fight (and there's addons for that too) since the beginning of Ark, so this just seems like that, except it's a Gargoyle and not NPC humans. Correct me if I'm wrong. Seems to me like just having a tribe of NPC humans would make a lot more sense in the game unvierse, than base-building Gargoyles. You love Gargoyles, don't you? :P

Personally, I would love to see the missions system further iterated and expanded upon. Right now, the missions feel a certain way considering you have to start them at terminals. They don't feel like dynamic parts of the game world, they feel like special "modes" you activate. And that's pretty much exactly what they are. I would love a more dynamic approach. Something like World of Warcraft quests andend-game zone  area objectives. Having unkillable NPC questgivers in the game would kill immersion, but having quest givers that other people can keep killing so you can never grab their quests doesn't seem like a viable long term solution, so if they could somehow make the whole "mission" feature feel more like quests you come upon in the wild without those problems attatched to it, I would love that. Imagine you run into some poor sob in the jungle who is looking for his Raptor baby that he lost, so you then have to find the baby, and when you do, some larger dinos spawn to try and attack it, and you have to disperse of them. Or you come across an NPC tribe with a demolished base they're trying to rebuild, so you have to help defend their base against dino/native attacks while also gathering resources and making structures out of them to help speed up the rebuild. Or you find an old discarded backpack on a mountain with a diary in it, and you have to try and find the owner of the diary. Then that person turns out to be crazy and wants to cook you as dinner for their tames, so you have to fight your way out. Stuff like that.

Archived