Bosses no mutation, official PC server

TLOG

Hello guys. It is the first time that I write in the forum. I've been playing as an ark for not too many months, I know the basic mechanics, but I would like to defeat at least one boss. Can you advise me something? Mutations are really tough for two to do without multipliers, and we can't play for hours and hours. Is 19 rex and one yuti enough to beat at least one of the island's three bosses? I have all the dlc's except genesis. Thanks!

4 hours ago, TLOG said:

Oh! Interesting..so i farm stuff for people, then people give me mutate dino (or better eggs). Is that correct?

Yes, just build up a stockpile of hard poly and ask around on the server you play on if anyone wants to trade for boss rex/theri/deino eggs. Shadowmane babies are also an option. For the yuty you should be just fine taming a few high levels, mating the best ones and getting imprinted babies. Also, try to get a Maewing as well (if you do not have Gen2; if you do go tame some), they make baby raising vastly easier. 

There are a few other strats for bosses that don't require mutated creatures. On Aberration you can solo beta Rockwell with a good shotgun and imported cactus broth, and a few people can handle alpha rockwell this way. On the Center there is a spot you can kangaroo jump/glider suit too, that will let you shotgun down the bosses. A few people on good wild egg deinonychus can bleed the dragon out by the ankles. And the lower levels of bosses can be handled by good first gen imprinted creatures. 

6 hours ago, TLOG said:

Hello guys. It is the first time that I write in the forum. I've been playing as an ark for not too many months, I know the basic mechanics, but I would like to defeat at least one boss. Can you advise me something? Mutations are really tough for two to do without multipliers, and we can't play for hours and hours. Is 19 rex and one yuti enough to beat at least one of the island's three bosses? I have all the dlc's except genesis. Thanks!

If you get good saddles, lvl the rexs up a BUNCH, and maybe throw a pig in, Id say yeah. Gamma spider and monkey should be easy enough.

I've beat all the bosses without mutating dino's. Just get good parents (decent melee & health), then make 19 babies, so you can imprint each one. (make sure to go level each one too before the boss). Have decent saddles on each, too. I always ride an imprinted yuty with good health and decent stam, and again, a decent saddle.

As a general rule

For Megapithicus I use Rex

For Broodmother I use Megatherium

For Dragon I use Therizino with a stack of veggie cakes on each (sometimes with a 4 pack of Deinonychus too)

For the Manticore I use Rex (and take a shotgun & gasmask with me)

For Rockwell I use Megalosaurus (and ride a Drake. Carrying a decent shotgun)

Make sure to research what armour (for hot or cold) you'll need for each fight, and if the minions can hurt you whilst mounted (determines if you'll need med brews too). And practice each by doing Gamma, before attempting Alpha level.

Just remember, if you do lose a fight, you'll still have the parents to remake your army, and get revenge.

Good luck with it, man.. :)

5 hours ago, TLOG said:

Thanks to all of you guys!! I received 3 mutated rex eggs..now they have 70k HP and 1700% melee!! I'll do some eggs from them!

Did you say you wanted to do boss runs or take on the alpha titan? XD

Oh yeah man, you should be good as gravy. Do pay attention with the dragon tho man. Thats the one that could still ruin everything.

Ape on Island - I use a pack of rexes generally + yuti

Broodmother on Island - pack of rexes or megatheriums  + yuti

Dragon on Island - just 1 lone deino is enough.

Manticore on Scorched - Pack of well mutated Blood wyverns + Yuti

Rockwell on Aberration - 5 people all in tek suits + shotguns , no dinos needed.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, TLOG said:

Hi guys!! I prepared 19 Rexes 70k HP and 2600% melee..but i have got only green saddle! Is the saddle ok for at least beta bosses? 

70k hp, 2600% melee????

Yeah, green saddles is good, heck primitive is prolly good as well XD Those rexs are very very good.
However, in all circumstances, no matter what, Id strongly urge you to keep one momma rex and one daddy rex in the cryo fridge. If anything goes wrong.....a glitch, getting stuck, anything at all, you can still breed new rex's again.

With that said, I would have one person on the yuty screaming away {please practice as its important to know which roar to use, and you want all your dino's to have a flashing yellow circle above their heads} and it depends on if you want to bring the pig into battle too or not.....If not, just have another person ontop of a rex that they bred and imprinted, and chomp on the boss with that dino.

If you bring a pig to the fight, you can either load the pig up with cooked prime meat or you can load him up with dodo kibble.....Dodo kibble is the best as it refill's more of the food stat faster but prime meat is really easy to farm up....heck just kill off a bunch of alpha creatures and your good to go.
Stay close to the fight, but not close enough to get hit and after you turn on the healing effect, go into inventory and spam feed the pig as fast as you can.
Once out of food stat and food to feed the pig with, just step back and unload with a shotgun if you wish.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last bit of advice, be aware of the maps for each boss, and their minions.....The spider boss, the arena does not have any hidden dangers and is of moderate to cold temps. Food to combat the temps is recommended. Maybe med brews, but only if your wish to do so. Minions shoot webbing which slows tames down, and pack a venomous bite. Bring stimulant to the platform in case anyone gets knocked out.

Monkey, arena has a area that you and your rex's can "fall off" and instantly be killed. Due to this, its a good idea to run to the boss, and then lure him back to your crew. Just keep in mind of that cliff and you will be ok. Temps are cold, very cold. Recommend fur armor and food to control temps. "DO NOT BRING OTTER!!!" game glitch's when transferring to the boss fight with an otter. Also bring med brews. If you character cannot deal with the cold, the med brews may be the only thing to keep you alive until the fight is over. Minions fling poo to slow you down, and the bigger minions are tough and tanky, just avoid fighting them and focus on the boss.

And finally the dragon....Multiple lava rivers, avoid them at all costs. Fireball from dragon causes damage not only to your tame, but also to you too. You need extra points in health to tank a couple hits. Temps are hot as hell, recommend ghillie and food to control temps. Don't forget you can "refrigerate" your canteen's to gain a bit of heat immunity. Med brews recommended again for previous reason. Minions are just annoying distractions from the dragon to get a fireball strike against you and your crew. Best advice, keep running in a large circle while biting to eliminate the minions and avoid fireballs. Be careful however as the dimadorphs can hit you instead of just your tame. If you take damage, just take a few med brew's.

And a final bit of advice on the dragon, you do not have to run to it across the lava, you can wait for it to come to you. This will prevent tames from being burned in the lava and gives you the advantage of where the fight happens, how quickly it happens, and may even grant you positioning on where your tames are to where the dragon is.....I was able to get the dragon to focus on me while I was riding the pig and because of this, I was able to place everyone safely away from the front of the dragon to get some cheeky damage in without worry about anyone getting hit with the flame breath attack. Granted it was a rare one off, but I feel like it can be replicated with some skill.

Good luck, waiting to hear how it went!

Archived