Having issue's setting up an Ark server. Any help is apprecaited.

Hello, I am setting up an Ark server for my friends to play on, but have hit a roadblock. I cannot for the life of me get the server's connection to other players right. Here is everything I have done so far.

1. The basic SteamCMD stuff to get the files into a folder.

2. Created a .bat file and put this in there:

ShooterGameServer.exe "TheIsland?SessionName=TutorialServer 2?MaxPlayers=10?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0?Difficulty Offset=1.0?AltSaveDirectoryName=TheIsland?Query Port=27015?Port=7777?listen" -NoBattlEye -NoTransferFromFiltering -clusterid=tree5948665 -activeevent=none -UseVivox -noundermeshkilling

3. Ran the .bat file and everything worked fine. And after adding it on Steam, I could get into the server.

4. Because I wanted other people to play on it, I needed to port forward. So after getting into my router's control panel, I added 3 of them. The first is 27015 (for the start, end and target) and is both TCP and UDP. The second is 7777 (for the start, end and target) and is both TCP and UDP. The third and final one is 7778 (for the start, end and target) and is both TCP and UDP.

5. I then went to windows firewall and added two rules. One that is TCP and has the ports of 27015 and 7777. And a second rule that is UDP and has the ports 27015 and 7777 also.

6. I then went to firewall again and allowed the "Shooter Game" access through the firewall both public and private boxes checked.

7. After all of that I got my public IP (using IPChicken) and had someone put it into the Steam servers window along with :27015 at the end of the IP. It said "Server not responding."

Any help is appreciated.

You can also just download ASM if you're running a server on your home pc and it's windows. it will set all those things up for you and you can tweak them in the ASM page. It removes the accidental user error sometimes encountered by creating your own .bat files. Also if you run into an issue using ASM talking about directx things, just go download directx 10 and it fixes those issues.

Archived