Community Crunch 287: Sinomacrops, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 10/10/2021 at 11:24 AM, Batfloke said:

Because the 2 most wanted / longest asked for are rock drake and reaper

Pretty sure it was Drakes and Griffins. Reapers as mentioned have such a specific breeding mechanic that it's just not feasible. Drakes meanwhile are the only non breedable member of the draconis genus (seriously, wyverns, manas, AND mags all do it so they stick out like a sore thumb) in the game while players where utterly robbed of the chance for imprintable griffins in Crystal Isles and rather aggressively voiced their malcontent on the matter. WC likes to shoot themselves in the foot a lot but I don't think they're THAT tone deaf as to ignore these glaring opportunities.

I sense another round of nerfing things to the ground for PvE in order to balance the ever dwindling PvP...BAU although at this point, I guess it really doesn't matter much.

But really, where is the damn PS5 upgrade? It's been a whole year since you promised it and you've said nothing after the announcement. 

On 10/9/2021 at 10:04 AM, Dragonssong43 said:

maybe gryphons, basilisk and rockdrakes? i dont think theyll make reapers breedable though. they'd have to overhaul it.

Yeah. Also mutated reapers? Reapers are already quite possibly the most powerful tame without drawbacks. (Giga rage and swimmer water restriction) the only possible drawback is charge weakness, but in my experience, people don't have the foresight to bring a lantern pet.

Edited by pistachio

Okay a few things after reading this thread.

One.... STOP CRYING ABOUT CHARCHARADONTOSAURUS! It LOST, it's OVER! MOVE ON!

Two, I honestly hope that one of the new breedables is the rock Drake (and it STAYS breedable). I could care less about the other one (though Either the Griffon or Basilisk would be cool), but please just let us breed these damn lizards already.

Three, and most importantly, the Sino looks awesome. Just as I'd imagine it'd look in ARK, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I didn't vote for it, but I'm starting to wish that I did.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 9:42 AM, Ermerus said:

In fact, the bad thing is that, as they had presented it to us, it was yet another acqutic theropod. It would be cool if it was used as a tank in my opinion.

Not just an aquatic theropod: a theropod that had no business being aquatic. The only thing aquatic about them is that their teeth resemble those of the great white shark, and the suggestion somehow turned teeth shape into Hydration buff, fast swimmer, and passive keratin production.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:49 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

it's just not feasible

It is.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:49 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

players where utterly robbed of the chance for imprintable griffins in Crystal Isles and rather aggressively voiced their malcontent on the matter.

Nope. "Some" players didn't like something. Very very different from "all the players were robbed" as you seem to be implying here. I mained CI and have several thousand hours on it - still could not care less about griffins. That is due to the fact they are utterly worthless.
I was neither "malcontented" nor even slightly aggrieved by the apparent (and until now unknown to many including myself) "CI griffin robbery".

On the other hand, reapers are actually both functionally useful and beneficial so, as a result, are worthwhile having.

22 hours ago, Batfloke said:

It is.

It's not. Their breeding style is so uniquely specific that it simply can't be done unless they suddenly allow queen birthing and allow people to throw the traditional acquisition method (I.e. Fight a queen to near death) out of the window afterwards. As to griffins being "useless" they still see a fair deal of action and are only really  held back by the fact that they're the only flying creature incapable of receiving an imprint boost from breeding. Reapers by nature of their gestation leveling AND imprint bonuses are already powerful enough as is which justifies the difficulty of acquiring one. Overhauling their breeding function to make an already incredibly powerful creature loaded with benefits more powerful while also removing the all of the effort of getting more of them if you can get a Queen is just redundant. 

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

2 hours ago, slejo said:

Aberrant anky is not immune.
As for creatures on aberration strangely Basilisk is not immune. Wild one is, tamed isnt.

Huh, odd that Ankys are left out of that. Basilisks aren't distinctly aberrant creatures though, they're just called basilisks after all rather than having the "aberrant" denotation, definitely odd that wilds seem to be just fine in the red zone though. Granted the same seems to apply to ravagers in the val caves so there's possibly a chance that they, ankys and basilisks getting rekt by rads once tame is probably an oversight on WC's part. 

On 10/15/2021 at 2:51 PM, soepie7 said:

Not just an aquatic theropod: a theropod that had no business being aquatic. The only thing aquatic about them is that their teeth resemble those of the great white shark, and the suggestion somehow turned teeth shape into Hydration buff, fast swimmer, and passive keratin production.

The Carcarodonte .: I KNOW MY RIGHTS !!! ... Seriously I think you have reason. After all, to be an end game alpha predator it must have two characteristics that in my opinion and according to many other guys whose comments I have read: - Competing with the Giga (and therefore knowing how to collect the hits)
-Have a super bite (to make sense of his teeth)
- To be able to stock up on all kinds of meat.

Welp, going by Dolly's twitter we're getting breedable drakes and, of all things, Achatina. Not sure why they'd make the snails breedable now and announce it like a big deal considering they should've been made breedable alongside the other invertebrates. Honestly unless breeding MASSIVELY increases paste production rates this is a really underwhelming decision compared to doing it for the karkinos or griffins. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Achatina. Not sure why they'd make the snails breedable now and announce it like a big deal considering they should've been made breedable alongside the other invertebrates.

They did it as a joke. Admitted it as such. Nobody wanted or needed snails to be breedable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...