Community Crunch 287: Sinomacrops, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

ARK_LostIsland_Promo_2560x1440.jpg

Download in high-resolution

Have you met our feisty and featherweight flier, Sinomacrops?  In Community Crunch 282, we released the Sinomacrops dossier for the upcoming Lost Island free DLC map.  Although our new friend may seem to mostly have its strength in traversal, Sinomacrops brings substantial utility for players of all types. A secondary inventory is available to players whilst it is shoulder-mounted and Sinomacrops packs a significant weight reduction on the items it's carrying for you!  Who's ready to say hi to their new backpack buddy!?

ARK_LostIsland_Screenshot_02_2560x1440 (1).jpg

In addition to Sinomacrops, Amargasaurus and Dinopithecus will make it's way to Lost Island later this year.  Although Dinopithecus won the community vote for the Lost Island Creature Submission, we're looking forward to doing it again later this year.  What creature would you like to see added to ARK?

Quality Of Life and Balance Patch

We plan to release a Quality of Life and Balance pass next week on PC, and a little further down the road on console. This patch will include various QoL additions along with some important balance-changes predominantly aimed at PvP. One of the key aspects we looked at in regards to balance is the prevalence of chain-stuns/crowd control in the current PvP meta - most specifically Void Wyvern, Shadowmane, Netgun and Plant Z. We've also made balance tweaks to various creatures and items that we think will make PvP more fun and interesting.This patch also includes two newly breedable creatures!

We do plan to make some more currently un-breedable creatures breedable in the future so stay posted if your favorite isn't included in this one!

Last but not least, we're kicking this weekend off with a breeding EVO event and a look at some amazing community content!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

An ARK Evolution Event is active until Monday the 11th with the following EVO perks on all Official Servers! 

• 2X Beeding and Imprinting
  • 2X Taming
  • 2X Harvesting
  • 2X XP

communitycorner.png

clipsvideos.png

Creator: pterafier

We are all excited to see what the Season 1 MONARKY series has in store!  Check out the trailer below and hop on over to Episode 1 if you're as interested as we are!

Creator: The AxeMan

Get an early look at the new Titan Map by @codigoalex_.  We have a feeling this will be a popular community map!

fanart_2.png

X-Yutyrannus by Amberghini

download (19).jpg

Feeding the Little Ones by Nalak

download (20).jpg

Godzilla vs. the Ice Titan by Daizua123

godzilla_vs__the_ice_titan_by_daizua123_des47x4-fullview.jpg

The Scorched Earth Guardian by Kitty#7656

manticor.jpg

Fanart of my Shadowmane by Fordale#4520

Day23.jpg

Untitled by MayaPatch#8071

Screenshot 2021-10-08 153406.jpg

screen.png

Khal Alastor -Dusk-#8673 (Edit)

PicsArt_10-08-07.12.09.jpg

Prissiie#6186

20211007_093521.jpg

@DreadTamer (Fjordur)

FBNC1rFVcAEz1A7.jpg

Catch you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

5 minutes ago, Crab said:

We NEED the Carcharodontosaurus. A nice in between a Giga and Rex with less drag weight than a Spino. Make them insatiable and really hard to tame.

The original suggestion for it was terrible though. It was just a pile of features that just... didn't make sense for it.

And in the end, it's just yet another theropod.

• Thanks 2

Hopefully they can make a bunch of changes for PVP without ruining everything affected for PVE use.

Yeah, I don't believe it either.  Oh well.  Since it's likely that they're going to be *just* as fair as they were for managrmr for PVE (IE, they're basically useless as far as I can tell) it saves me the frustration of having to care about taming a Void Wyrm.

• Like 1

I hope to the maker of all things holy that the separate balances for the patch intended for pvp. DON’T MAKE PVE PAY THE PRICE FOR A BALANCE THAT ONLY MAKES SENSE FOR PVP!!!!!  Nothing about fear evolved event?  To be painfully honest, I don’t really much care about The Lost Island map and many others don’t either, other than the 3 new creatures there is no incentive to set up shop there because everything you could ever ask for is on Gen 2.  The only thing that is missing on Gen 2 that every other map has (besides scorched) is a snow biome and a lava biome.  

I will say a big thank you for the breeding event, and the fact that some creatures will become breedable which is awesome.  Got a small idea of which ones they are, but don’t wanna cause an undue speculation.  Oh a trek magnifying glass would be amazing., or make it so HLNA works on ALL,

• Thanks 1

Gotta love how for the past few community crunches, every single comment was someone complaining about there not being a breeding event. But now that there actually is one, not a single thanks in the comments. Just people complaining about other stuff.

(ok nevermind, there is 1 thanks)

Edited by TimeBomb2003
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

I hope to the maker of all things holy that the separate balances for the patch intended for pvp. DON’T MAKE PVE PAY THE PRICE FOR A BALANCE THAT ONLY MAKES SENSE FOR PVP!!!!!  Nothing about fear evolved event?  To be painfully honest, I don’t really much care about The Lost Island map and many others don’t either, other than the 3 new creatures there is no incentive to set up shop there because everything you could ever ask for is on Gen 2.  The only thing that is missing on Gen 2 that every other map has (besides scorched) is a snow biome and a lava biome.  

I will say a big thank you for the breeding event, and the fact that some creatures will become breedable which is awesome.  Got a small idea of which ones they are, but don’t wanna cause an undue speculation.  Oh a trek magnifying glass would be amazing., or make it so HLNA works on ALL,

Fear Evolved news is next week according to Ced on Twitter

6 hours ago, soepie7 said:

The original suggestion for it was terrible though. It was just a pile of features that just... didn't make sense for it.

And in the end, it's just yet another theropod.

In fact, the bad thing is that, as they had presented it to us, it was yet another acqutic theropod. It would be cool if it was used as a tank in my opinion.