GM and Development help as I experienced it.

Astropherion

Read this before you fill out a ticket or comment negative anywere.  I've been playing Ark since day one when crop plots could be placed on Behe gates and Carbon was only mineable on the north side of the volcano, center had no redwoods either.  Yeah Day one im currently at a stage w all engrams tek and able to produce 3900 dino eggs/babies a day and give avay bases w over 23,000 structures in 1 building and reproduce products in hrs. I DIDN'T GET HERE ALONE ! I helped my fellow playe rwhen he lost conection  due to bad wifi i pulled him/her to a safe spot put food in his inventory if he was low level under 80 id leave tools and a cryo'd dino on em. We all multipal platforms different speeeds connecting globaly come together and Evolve together. So when you fill out a ticket or post a comment remember that thing you topic , problem, need.... A large group of people at wild card spent alot time as HUMAN BEINGS making Ark Survival Evolved connect you will 100's of thousands of people be accurate in describing your situation. Yes been were your at. I in 5 years filled out 5 tickets. I matter and you matter. GM Daze saved my Magma on gen 1 when i black bagged it and dragged it with skiff into mesh . I just ticked i messed up and  meshed my dino he was there asap saved w inventory and health good. I lost power while transfering inmy wifi it stuck my char in data, i filled out a descriptive ticket ..Development team and GM fixed over night. Wildcard cares if your new and you need help and its not a GM or Development area, even just wanna check dino's out hit me up well Evolve together and enjoy what adventures we can Survive together. Thank you so much Wildcard you saved me from alot of my own mistakes to preserve my gaming.. With Sincere Gratitude Astropherion

Seems like you have been quite fortunate with your experience with submitting tickets and getting a timely and effective response.  I am glad that it has worked out for you. 

I would point out that all of our attitudes are based on our experiences, and many of us were not so lucky.  Some of us lost years worth of progress despite filling out complete, descriptive and polite tickets the moment the bug happened, and attempted in vain to follow up when the tickets were not being addressed in time before everything decayed.  I have seen many reports on this happening to others, and known players who go to substantial lengths to buffer themselves from the potential of it happening in the future because they know of its potential happening, or had it happen to themselves before.

The GM's intentions might all be perfectly aligned with our expectations that they have our interests in mind and are willing to help the best they can.  Perhaps the shared experiences that many of us have gets characterized unfairly as the GMs being uncaring or ambivalent,  where it was really just a matter of being so overburdened by so many tickets that it would be impossible to process them in a timely manner.  If that is the case, then it speaks more about the quality and stability of the product than the quality of the GMs.

I understand were your coming from on your response but disagree w your assesment as follows, Freedom and Choice, alot dont play like you and I , 'accomplish , achieve then superior standing.. Is very honorable.. Yet most find the bug and use it till they can find an atvantage , via duping, lagg, force dc then impliment for atvantage. Pvp or Pve then the player you and i work for it and Wait for patch or work around it. Theres no perfect product because theres no platform that restricts at the user the method of play. As you said, " filling out complete, descriptive and polite tickets" when someone is focused on blame or being compensated thier ticket reflects a false sence of experience and if prolonged the issue can progress not matching time lines and evens . Not the product its the user. Give immediate description w o time passing this tags time line and dont try to force around it. If i ticket w i 5 min of issue halt game play to resolve and describe exactly my experiences in that issue then a GM or Development can asses w my char data and tribe loggs or ark data faster the issue.

My experience is a mixed bag. While my character glitching on top of the Ark had high priority, the way bugged out items or dino's are handled are less satisfying.

First and for all: We can not blame GM's for bugs and policies!

The policy to replace only lvl 150 with random stats is making most of the cases not even worth reporting. The exemption to raise the limit to 200 if proof is provided does sound decent but is questionable: A screenshot of tribelog stating you podded a lvl200+ will do while it only prooves you once held that dino but sais nothing about the actual ownership.
Furthermore, if Gacha's are involved the replacement is never a true replacement for production is random too.

Another thing is the delaying if contacting about low priority cases: First response is kind of blowing off, then a request to tell the details again, then the "wait till we contact you, do not push us", followed by the ticket automaticly closed since you did not responded anymore, and finaly after a week or 3 you get a 150 high on ox Giga of the wrong gender when the 2 weeks breeding event is gone...
If the first steps were skipped and the appointment is made direct after initial ticket, the first week of delays is skipped and the GM's workload is reduced by 50%.

Also: Why are inactive tribe owners no priority? Forcing people to give up their base if the owner turned inactive is in my opinion not a way to promote tribelife. For new players the only options are to stay on your own or join an alpha and be their grindslave. The dangers of teaming up with your likes are just too big since you don't know at start if they are here to stay or not.

Platform support is also a thing. Consoles are poorly supported: On PS you can not send video or screenshot directly to a GM account. Why not?

My opinion is that GM's work their asses off to help us but that they are severly understaffed and bound by policies that need to be optimized. For doing the best they can they do they do deserve our respect!

On 10/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, Astropherion said:

Read this before you fill out a ticket or comment negative anywere.  I've been playing Ark since day one when crop plots could be placed on Behe gates and Carbon was only mineable on the north side of the volcano, center had no redwoods either.  Yeah Day one im currently at a stage w all engrams tek and able to produce 3900 dino eggs/babies a day and give avay bases w over 23,000 structures in 1 building and reproduce products in hrs. I DIDN'T GET HERE ALONE ! I helped my fellow playe rwhen he lost conection  due to bad wifi i pulled him/her to a safe spot put food in his inventory if he was low level under 80 id leave tools and a cryo'd dino on em. We all multipal platforms different speeeds connecting globaly come together and Evolve together. So when you fill out a ticket or post a comment remember that thing you topic , problem, need.... A large group of people at wild card spent alot time as HUMAN BEINGS making Ark Survival Evolved connect you will 100's of thousands of people be accurate in describing your situation. Yes been were your at. I in 5 years filled out 5 tickets. I matter and you matter. GM Daze saved my Magma on gen 1 when i black bagged it and dragged it with skiff into mesh . I just ticked i messed up and  meshed my dino he was there asap saved w inventory and health good. I lost power while transfering inmy wifi it stuck my char in data, i filled out a descriptive ticket ..Development team and GM fixed over night. Wildcard cares if your new and you need help and its not a GM or Development area, even just wanna check dino's out hit me up well Evolve together and enjoy what adventures we can Survive together. Thank you so much Wildcard you saved me from alot of my own mistakes to preserve my gaming.. With Sincere Gratitude Astropherion

I too have been blessed by the GM help, maybe I didn't get my lvl 328 Gigas back or my lvl 300 Wyverns or my lvl 402 Snow Owls or even some of my other tames, like my Astro, my Ferox, my Shadowmane, etc.. but at least I got something back. Better to have somebody who is willing to help and give back, then to be left with nothing at all.

During an update, I logged off in time for the update to commence and my body still had some of my tames cryos on it.  Well, after the update I come back to find I've died for no reason and no body to be found.. not on the floor or under it in the water, just poof it's gone. GM Fury was very helpful, polite,  informative and went out of his way to help me. GM Fury was very apologetic for the inability to give me back My tames and for the limit on the lvl's that he Was able to give back. Since most of my tames was over if not well over lvl 200s and 200 is the lvl limit they're able to replace with.  An at the time, no replacement for any of the dinos from Gen 2 or Ferox or a few other tames.  But, I was given a replacement for most of my tames I lost and was slightly reimbursed for my loss. GMs do what they can and what they are allowed to do, some will even try to bend the rules a little bit to help you.  Just remember, GMs have restrictions and rules to follow!! 

Also, I'm one of those that moves player's bodies to safety and gives back to lower lvl's!! 

Archived