OSD's in a nutshell

wizard03

And that is reason why I don't solo drops anymore. Now I m doing them only when someone in our tribe is online. Its pretty sad that after 2 years since we get ext they didn't manage to improve path of corrupted dinos. 

There is few spots where u can easily solo them, like that on far east, up mountain. Only problem is reaper, sometimes he can stuck in ground, but u can tek punch him out.

Kinda screwed on the online front too....I live out in the middle of no where and the only "high speed" internet availible is through cell phone hot spot devices. It works great on all my other games....WoW, PUBG, dayz.....ark is a no go for some dumb reason. Apparently anyone attempting to use a hotspot device has the exact same issue. So Im stuck with solo or nothing. x.x

Yup, that is one of my least favourite things about OSDs. That one you can at least see, although you can't do much about it being solo. Maybe a railgun or sniper would take it out.

There are times when we used that feature to our benefit though. If our dinos were getting low on HP, we'd throw out a pig or owl and do some healing between waves. Then, once everything was healed, we'd go find the straggler. It wouldn't help much in that video, but usually the straggler is in render range.

I've only ever successfully did one drop and one or two veins (not as in "tried and failed" but as in "either difficulty is too high to try, or someone got there first"), but it was still annoying enough.

Like, there I am, in the middle of defence. And two hostiles remain, nowhere to be seen. I pace around. I kill nearest things in hopes that that's it.

Where are the two remaining hostiles? No idea.

Probably half across the wasteland, looking at the map upside-down, arguing about which one of them is the idiot that got them lost while they had places to be, human to kill, and drop/vein to destroy.

Like, I genuinely never learned where they were. They were nowhere, I didn't kill them, then the game just went "you know what? Since the two hostiles haven't done anything in a while, they don't count. Wave done, congrats, NEEEXT!"

5 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Just spent 6 hours of my time waiting for these ding dongs to either leave rendering range or to get close enough that I can chomp em without worry of loosing the drop

I usually take a few extra Gigas or whatever that I can whistle to attack targets and then follow back or just leave them at that spot. That way you dont have to worry about leaving the OSD's render distance.
Also I put 1 Giga on the opposite side of the way im going from the OSD so you can check exactly when things go out of render distance.
But generally I just keep walking from the far left to far right of the OSDs render-range to speed up the elimination of glitched out corrupted. I think it somewhat helps.
But yeah its such poor scripting.

5 hours ago, hud said:

Only problem is reaper, sometimes he can stuck in ground, but u can tek punch him out.

I usually take a wyvern, you can blow them out with the flappy wings also. A bit more save than punching I guess.

11 hours ago, zero064 said:

Yup, that is one of my least favourite things about OSDs. That one you can at least see, although you can't do much about it being solo. Maybe a railgun or sniper would take it out.

There are times when we used that feature to our benefit though. If our dinos were getting low on HP, we'd throw out a pig or owl and do some healing between waves. Then, once everything was healed, we'd go find the straggler. It wouldn't help much in that video, but usually the straggler is in render range.

tried an ascendent sniper....100 rounds of ammo, and zilch. Apparently they are also further away than I can shoot. x.x And yeah, it is nice to jump off and heal up the giga every so often, but then the waiting for nothing for over half an hour. I started to do dino wipes after the third run down. v.v

Archived