Guide For Beginner PvP Servers

Tylanater

Hello, I've been enjoying the Beginner PvP servers and wanted to make a short guide on the meta for anyone who wants to try them at the next wipe. They stayed populated for quite a while this wipe (dying off a little now though) and the primitive style pvp feels very nice compared to the cancer of 1x and small tribes with all the OP DLC dinos, ridiculous lines, and what not.

-Base max player level is 44 but can get to 49 with Chibis. That would take forever, however, since the max wild dino level is 30. This means the alphas do not give that much Chibi experience. Getting to 45 is pretty easy with a sarco or other carnivores though.

-Level 45 unlocks yellow drops which give you access to pump shotguns/flak armor/thyla saddles (best tame on beginner servers by far), and some other good stuff. This is a little OP but I doubt they are gonna remove chibis so this is the main thing to know.

-Blue drops will give metal structure blueprints and they drop quite often.

-You can get argentavis saddles but ONLY from fishing. This means you need good fishing poles as they pretty much won't drop with a primitive pole. In order to get them you need to tame a Diplocaucus (scuba dino) tame 8+ sharks for the pack boost, and go around killing alpha squids and mosas (squids drop 100% of the time). Just level all health in sharks and you'll only lose 0-2 on an alpha squid in my experience. The bleed damage from the shark bites wrecks the alphas so you don't need more melee damage.

-I recommend hunting for blueprints and hiding them somewhere safe. Purlovias are good on the server but always vulnerable to ESPers. There's less on the beginner servers but there are some sometimes. I hide mine in a boat that I make look raided and no one has ever taken my blueprints lol.

-Be very careful with your player stats and engram points because you don't get very many. If you play with 3 people you can prolly get just about all you would need. If solo you need to be careful and will prolly have to get drops/raid for your armor and saddles.

-A lot of useless dinos on main clusters are super useful on beginner servers. Iguanodons and sarcos are very strong early, diplocaucus, as stated above, are very good since there is no scuba, proctodons and frogs are amazing for getting around/pvping. Tapejaras are good because they have way higher base stamina than pteranodons, etc etc.

-When fighting enemy dinos consider tranqing their dinos out since level 30 tamed dinos have pretty low torpor. I think a level 30 tamed sarco can go unconscious from about 8 tranqs with a crossbow.

-Even if you don't have saddles, argys are super useful for the weight reduction still and easy to tame.

-Grenades and IEDs are the only explosives and plant X are the only turrets. There is no way to get rockets or c4. However arthos are still very strong and once you have an argy saddle you don't need c4 anyway and become broken.

-That's all I can think of right now, feel free to ask any other questions.

All in all, the servers are very fun. I would prefer normal primitive servers with a higher max level but this is the best we have for now. I believe the next wipe is sometime around the end of October. Hope to see you guys there for some old school PvP.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 12:09 PM, Mangost said:

im still having trouble getting started (kind of a bob), does anyone know if rafts are good for basing? (mainly concerned about leeds)

we had a base but it got raided.

leeds are always a danger, need plant x set to all targets to avoid them. Can still get you if you're staying still though. Alpha leeds are the most dangerous, they seem to spawn the most around carno and in snow zone waters

17 hours ago, Tylanater said:

leeds are always a danger, need plant x set to all targets to avoid them. Can still get you if you're staying still though. Alpha leeds are the most dangerous, they seem to spawn the most around carno and in snow zone waters

thanks for that advice, but currently i dont really have the time or experience to be able to get from spawning in to plant x and stuff that fast, i want to learn ways to rush into the late-ish game faster (currently i get stuck with primitive stuff for a while bc i dont yet know the best ways to farm late game resources (looking at you, cementing paste, its not a problem on rag but everywhere else paste is hell to get)

On 11/11/2021 at 6:43 AM, Mangost said:

thanks for that advice, but currently i dont really have the time or experience to be able to get from spawning in to plant x and stuff that fast, i want to learn ways to rush into the late-ish game faster (currently i get stuck with primitive stuff for a while bc i dont yet know the best ways to farm late game resources (looking at you, cementing paste, its not a problem on rag but everywhere else paste is hell to get)

for Cementing Paste I'd suggesting taming some frogs and hunting bugs. Super safe, fun easy way to gather lots. Frog converts bugs into instant paste when harvesting. 

On 11/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, Illeyejah said:

for Cementing Paste I'd suggesting taming some frogs and hunting bugs. Super safe, fun easy way to gather lots. Frog converts bugs into instant paste when harvesting. 

i have used that before (on my SP gen playthrough that was my main source of paste) its just that usually i find a hard time finding enough bugs (outside of the swamp area) and even then i could get ambushed by a player or smth.

• 2 months later...

Archived