ClusterID vs NoTransferFromFiltering... Redundancy?

DaddyMike72

I remembered when I first set up my server uploading some all black argents from my singleplayer to the server to add the colors to my breeding stock.  I then sent them back to the singleplayer when I was done.  Now I have that server set up on a cluster complete with the ClusterID and -NoTransferFromFiltering to "Prevent down- and uploads from servers outside the cluster".  Going with that description, I figured if I dropped the -NoTransferFromFiltering from the startup sequence, I would allow people on my server cluster to upload/download dinos as they wanted (people on the server are close friends and family that I trust not to abuse this).  After dropping that tag, I still do not see my test dinos in the ArkData/Creatures tabs of the transmitter.  Doing some googling on this, I keep coming across "You can not upload dinos from outside the cluster into the cluster".  This makes me question why there is a -NoTransferFromFiltering option?  Is it a case of redundancy or is it a legacy option that is no longer really needed?

An interesting observation while messing with this.

When I upload something from my Singleplayer game, I see on the Cluster that I have 1/20 Dinos uploaded in the center window.  So the clustered server is at least seeing that I have something in the queue, it just isn't listing what is uploaded.

For clarification: The clustered servers are running on a linux box while the singleplayer in on Windows box.

Archived