Can't get SteamCMD to load map.

Snerzel

Hello this is my first time posting on here!

I'm a little stuck, I have a dedicated server that I've been hosting and playing on with my friends through the game's "Host dedicated server" button. This has been working fine but takes 45 minutes to boot the server (the slowness of HDD strikes again).

I decided to try to speed things up quite a bit by moving the server onto my empty SSD and hosting through SteamCMD instead of the game itself, I've hosted servers this way before.

My issue is the map isn't getting recognized, I'm using Olympus. Every time I launch the server it says the map is "ShooterEntry" and isn't joinable. This is my first time not using the official DLC maps. 

I've tried entering the file path to the map in the serverstart bat file but that still doesn't work.

I'm lost at this point so any help is appreciated!

image.png.ba06c0bba01f04bbfd38d69ee42757c6.png

[2021.10.06-22.12.48:193][  0]Server: "OlympusTestOnly" has successfully started!
[2021.10.06-22.12.48:232][  0]ADayCycleManager OlympusDayCycleManager_11,
[2021.10.06-22.12.49:772][  0]Commandline: "Olympus?SessionName=OlympusTestOnly?MapModId=970855993?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedOlympus?RCONPort=27076?Port=7876?QueryPort=27076?listen?ForceAllStructureLocking=true?MapPlayerLocation=True?MaxPlayers=30" -automanagedMods -NoBattlEye -exclusivejoin -AutoDestroyStructures -log -NoTransferFromFiltering -EnableIdlePlayerKick-culture=en -NoCrashDialog -clusterid=Olympus -nosteamclient -server  -ClusterDirOverride=\ArkServer\ClusterTest
[2021.10.06-22.12.49:773][  0]Full Startup: 395.12 seconds (BP compile: 0.00 seconds)

19 hours ago, Larkfields said:

image.png.ba06c0bba01f04bbfd38d69ee42757c6.png

[2021.10.06-22.12.48:193][  0]Server: "OlympusTestOnly" has successfully started!
[2021.10.06-22.12.48:232][  0]ADayCycleManager OlympusDayCycleManager_11,
[2021.10.06-22.12.49:772][  0]Commandline: "Olympus?SessionName=OlympusTestOnly?MapModId=970855993?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedOlympus?RCONPort=27076?Port=7876?QueryPort=27076?listen?ForceAllStructureLocking=true?MapPlayerLocation=True?MaxPlayers=30" -automanagedMods -NoBattlEye -exclusivejoin -AutoDestroyStructures -log -NoTransferFromFiltering -EnableIdlePlayerKick-culture=en -NoCrashDialog -clusterid=Olympus -nosteamclient -server  -ClusterDirOverride=\ArkServer\ClusterTest
[2021.10.06-22.12.49:773][  0]Full Startup: 395.12 seconds (BP compile: 0.00 seconds)

Tried making mine similar. Not sure what is and isn't important... this is what I gotCommandline_someedits.png.3d73fbc9a1a42bb2f9f2a23b7689db50.pngcommandline_according_to_steam.png.3ec5f220a3e68f67cd0b3f7dea76ed17.png
The server also won't close properly (CTRL + C) I have to force close it.

Sorry for all the mods. I know they're a bit much.

18 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

You have QueryPort=<something>
Do you also have Port=<something> ?

I don't have   -game   in my command line.

Also double check that you're port-forwarding your queryPort number, and your Port number, and the port number + 1 (3 ports) all as UDP.

Ok I removed -game from the command line and added my port number (which I had in ini). All ports are opened except for port + 1 which I'm working on opening now.

54 minutes ago, Snerzel said:

Tried booting up my old Ragnarok server.. It started just fine under the same ports and my friend was able to join. But when I switched out the info with the Olympus map it goes back to being unjoinable and "Shooter Entry". 

When you start the olympus server, do you see SteamCmd downloading the mods ?

8 hours ago, Larkfields said:

hmmm, getting desperate now...

Try editing your GUS.ini with this entry...
[ServerSettings]
ActiveMods=970855993

And edit your game.ini with this...
[ModInstaller]
ModIDS=970855993

Tried it.. It was looking a little more promising this time, as Steam seem to take longer on the mod part of booting the server, but still the same problem. Next chance I get I wanna try booting the server with only the map as the active mod just to see if that does anything.

11 hours ago, Snerzel said:

Tried it.. It was looking a little more promising this time, as Steam seem to take longer on the mod part of booting the server, but still the same problem. Next chance I get I wanna try booting the server with only the map as the active mod just to see if that does anything.

Did you list all the mods (one per line) under [ServerSettings]  ?
I think you're right to try just the map though.  I was thinking that maybe one or two mods were conflicting with each other.

28 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Did you list all the mods (one per line) under [ServerSettings]  ?
I think you're right to try just the map though.  I was thinking that maybe one or two mods were conflicting with each other.

I had the mods laid out on the same line separated by commas, like on the command line. I may experiment with putting them all on their own line but I might be on to 2 potential causes of my issue. When I ran the server with just the map mod I noticed the folder for Olympus had more files in it on the working server than on the SteamCMD server. I copied the missing files over and noticed it reverted back after failing to launch the map...
image.png.8cc6f2b56061b2b9949ed0b5579a3661.png

serverthingWindow.thumb.png.304ad7b4a24320740374b783dc957ca6.png

The other thing I noticed is what ever amount I put down for the MaxPlayer number it would always appear as 70. I tried writing 127 in the command line and each ini that I thought related to the server. Yet it's still 70. I don't need the server to have more than 10, but not seeing even basic ini and command line edits not showing up on the booted server makes me think it may be communicating with the wrong set of GUS.ini and game.ini or something like that.  

11 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

You have to stop the server, then edit the ini files, then restart the server otherwise the server will simply write over the ini files.

The olympus mod folder (from when I did the test) says...image.png.5fbde1a61b4bc7963231eca673c63c74.png

Yes I do make sure to shut down the server (though I still have to force close it) before doing my edits and I makes sure I save.
I just noticed that it's reverting the 127 back to 70 in the GUS.ini yet all my mod edits remain the same. Hmmm...

also this is a side by side of the map mod folder like you have comparing my 2 servers

image.png.c1d09f8803bee44d180261b59f8abeac.png
My working one is the same as yours.

Archived