Bought Engram Points

SunsetErosion

8 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

So, when you buy the engram points from the store, will you get back those engram points also when you use a mindwipe? Or do you lose the extra points bought from the store after you use a mindwipe?

I think this is a valid question for there are different ways to aproach this:
- Points are level related, so you get just the points back according to your level.
Or
- You bought the points, you keep them forever.

Personaly I think these pay to win bonuses should be bought again if you whipe them but I realy don't know if my logic is WC logic.
If anyone know what the real answere is?

On 10/4/2021 at 9:47 AM, MMaas said:

Personaly I think these pay to win bonuses should be bought again if you whipe them but I realy don't know if my logic is WC logic.
If anyone know what the real answere is?

Well yes, but I found out that they arent kept on the same price. You can buy the first 20 for 1000 Hexagons. The next 20 engram points are for the new price of 1200. Next 20 costs are again raised to 1400 Hexagons and this goes on. So when you buy them the price goes up, but if you lose them when you mindwipe, the starting price to get 20 could be at where you left off. Besides that its not really pay to win, because you play to gain hex points. So its play to win...
I dont really want to test it out because ill have to spend time to unlock all the engrams on different maps...
Either way, I think they should at least set back the costs for your "first" 20 bonus-engram-points if you mindwipe and lose the bonus-points.

1 hour ago, MMaas said:

It is only available in Genesis, making the entire DLC pay to win ;)
(Not to mention other items and creatures)

That can be gifted/traded even if you don’t have the DLC. 
I got my first maewing and incubator before having the DLC first 

Sorry I just think being too ready to pay to win accusations kinda cheapens the whole concept, when there are actually games that are truly pay to win

21 hours ago, Doomette said:

Sorry I just think being too ready to pay to win accusations kinda cheapens the whole concept, when there are actually games that are truly pay to win

Yeah, i dont see DLCs as a method of pay to win. Its a static one-time option. You either buy it or you dont. Though having only the base game, pvp wise you will have a huge disadvantage. No Meks, no Skiffs, a lot less Tek stuff. So you are pretty much chanceless against someone who does have it. 
But its not like you can buy eg UltraMeks or enchanted ammo or armor out of a out-of-game shop for real money. Calling Ark a Pay2Win game is nonsence to me :)

Archived