Will ARK run on my pc

ZarkataWe

Since nobody else has answered, I'll make an attempt. From reading the specs, that CPU is pretty wimpy for gaming in general, and Ark tends to be a tough customer. If you're at 1080p it'll probably be fine on low or maybe medium settings.

The GPU and RAM are fine. One of my kids plays with an RTX2060 and 16GB (with a Ryzen 2700). With medium settings on 1080p, it stays pretty close to 60fps.

1 hour ago, zero064 said:

Since nobody else has answered, I'll make an attempt. From reading the specs, that CPU is pretty wimpy for gaming in general, and Ark tends to be a tough customer. If you're at 1080p it'll probably be fine on low or maybe medium settings.

The GPU and RAM are fine. One of my kids plays with an RTX2060 and 16GB (with a Ryzen 2700). With medium settings on 1080p, it stays pretty close to 60fps.

Im not on PC, but as a console pleb, Id have to agree with zero. that cpu will probably give you a console experiance. Lag, stuttering, crashing.....also depends on any other background processes thats going on.

GPU and ram looks good tho

On 10/3/2021 at 1:18 PM, wizard03 said:

Im not on PC, but as a console pleb, Id have to agree with zero. that cpu will probably give you a console experiance. Lag, stuttering, crashing.....also depends on any other background processes thats going on.

GPU and ram looks good tho

Well actually today i bouth the game and played a little 1080p with epic mixed with high and medium ran pretty smooth with the occasional stutter

16 hours ago, ZarkataWe said:

Well actually today i bouth the game and played a little 1080p with epic mixed with high and medium ran pretty smooth with the occasional stutter

keep an eye on that stutter. It might get worse if you build a big base, have a lot of dino's standing around, or if you get a hefty amount jammed into a single storage container.

I noticed on my xbox one x that my frame rate absolutely crashed and burned when I built my breedery in the winter biome....I went from about 80 - 90 FPS to 12. x.x

On 10/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, ZarkataWe said:

Hi. I was just wondering if ARK will run good and consistent on my pc (and on which settings)

My rig is Ryzen 5 1400, Rtx 2060 Super, 16gb RAM, Win 10 pro.

It depends on whether you're someone who "needs" to play games on Ultra settings with 90+ frame rate, or if you're going to play PvP which means you would need the maximum frame rate possible.

I'm running it on an 11+ year old PC with a Core I7-9300 quad core CPU, 2-3 year old Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super with an 8 year old SSD and it runs just fine for me. Obviously I don't run it on Ultra settings but the settings are plenty good enough for me to enjoy the graphics of the game and to have a good enough frame rate that it's enjoyable. Even during busy, ferocious fights my frame rate stays over 30+. The only time my frame rate bogs down is when I'm entering one of our very-large bases.

Mind you, if you're planning to play on the Official servers then you're going to run into a lot of large bases, but compared to the server lag that permeates the Official servers your graphics lag won't be a problem. I've played on Official PvE for a while, a few months ago, with this setup and it was fine there too. When you consider that your setup is more powerful than mine you should be ok even on Official PvE servers.

On 10/5/2021 at 12:43 PM, wizard03 said:

keep an eye on that stutter. It might get worse if you build a big base, have a lot of dino's standing around, or if you get a hefty amount jammed into a single storage container.

I noticed on my xbox one x that my frame rate absolutely crashed and burned when I built my breedery in the winter biome....I went from about 80 - 90 FPS to 12. x.x

Im on pc so i can always lower my settings. Im fine with it looking worse for the price of better fps. But for now with a smaller base and a couple of dinos i can run it pretty high and pretty smooth so im good. 

12 hours ago, ZarkataWe said:

Im on pc so i can always lower my settings. Im fine with it looking worse for the price of better fps. But for now with a smaller base and a couple of dinos i can run it pretty high and pretty smooth so im good. 

Fair enough, and yeah I really wish we could dumb down our graphics as well. We only have a check box for "detailed graphics" Really wish we could have much finer control over our settings like people on PC does.

Completely agree w @Pipinghot I have a worse spec (I5 not I7) and the same GPU. The big catch w Ark performance is memory. It is WELL memory hungry so the more the better! 16Gb should however be more than enough, and as above - lag from machine will be negligible compared to server lag if you gonna do official online.

A note on RAM - this is dependent on the map you going at: Most maps eat around 4-5 Gigs of ram. Genesis II eats a lot - like up to 12 Gigs ..... Dunno if that still obtains, but it was so maybe 6 weeks ago when I last took effort to check.

But the short answer is you are OK to go!

5 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Completely agree w @Pipinghot I have a worse spec (I5 not I7) and the same GPU. The big catch w Ark performance is memory. It is WELL memory hungry so the more the better! 16Gb should however be more than enough, and as above - lag from machine will be negligible compared to server lag if you gonna do official online.

A note on RAM - this is dependent on the map you going at: Most maps eat around 4-5 Gigs of ram. Genesis II eats a lot - like up to 12 Gigs ..... Dunno if that still obtains, but it was so maybe 6 weeks ago when I last took effort to check.

But the short answer is you are OK to go!

Yep my temps go nuts but other tnan that the game is pretty buttery

Archived