Community Crunch 286: EVO Event, Community Corner, and More!

StudioWildcard

I think they fear more unstable server with higher breeding. I can't explain it to myself any other way. Since incubator and maewing, players are breeding more and more. I guess we don't see any higher breeding rates on weekend evo events anymore. 

They could it alternate, one week breeding, on other weeks the other rates. 

@ Wildcard: You could at least communicate that why you no longer switch on a breeding event. Not to mention is very bad style.

Edited by Meum

3 weeks in a row with no breeding event, and an even crapier harvesting/taming event! It wouldn't be so bad if there was some new colors to go after, or different dinos to tame, but come on man.. we've freaken tamed everything that we want. Now we want to focus on breeding!

Wow, just wow. Man I can't wait for Icarus to go live in November. I'll be more than happy to leave this game and NEVER look back. You guys are pathetic. 

Edited by Unspokenone

1 hour ago, Cyberra said:

Are you guys allergic to breeding rates or something? Last two weeks was 3x. This week is only 2x and still no breeding rates. C'mon already, I have gigas to raise!

Breeding rates are a great way to send half the servers into a tailspin crashing repeatedly.  No thanks, 2x breeding plus 1/2 the time down is worse than 1x breeding.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Meum said:

I think they fear more unstable server with higher breeding. I can't explain it to myself any other way. Since incubator and maewing, players are breeding more and more. I guess we don't see any higher breeding rates on weekend evo events anymore. 

They could it alternate, one week breeding, on other weeks the other rates. 

@ Wildcard: You could at least communicate that why you no longer switch on a breeding event. Not to mention is very bad style.

If that's the case, they had better just half every dinos total maturation time entirely. Same for these ridiculous 2 day waiting times just to rebreed a dino. 
The solutions are simple, they're just too incompetent to make it happen. They face an unfixable problem because the games built on dodgy foundations, every thing they touch crumbles and makes the problem worse. 
Instead of giving us more, they just need to take time and costs off of everything. They talk about "balancing" the game, there is nothing balanced about how things are now.

Oh Wildcard, it’s pretty sad that you don’t have enough faith in your servers to have a breeding event.  I mean are you saving it for the holiday events or something?  If so, THEN SAY SO!  Yeah 2x harvesting and taming is nice, especially for small and solo players, gives us a chance to stock up on mats and tame that must have creature at the drop of a hat but for mid to end game players breeding is what pulls us back to the game.  To address my previous point, your communication sucks, it always has sucked and if it keeps going it’s going to make me rush out and buy or get all hyped up over Ark 2.  If ya buy a certain make of car and have nothing but issues you’d have to be a damn fool to go buy the same car again.

I’m just perplexed that not one person in the entirety of Studio Wildcard didn’t pipe up and say something about the increase of breeding that would take place due to the addition of the Maewing and incubator.  If they did pipe up and say something and someone else shut em down, they need a good solid kick.  I will say I am glad that it seems the connection issues seem to have simmered down on Xbox servers finally but damn guys it took ya long enough to fix it.  We get working through a pandemic isn’t easy but evo events should be second nature by now.  Ya shouldn’t have to worry about the breaking servers.  

Hopefully, you guys can get things stable and happy enough to do breeding events again because if not this is going to be one long, rough and frustrating holiday season, and I really have to question how much the community is gonna take before server populations whindle quite a bit.  

3 hours ago, TheoneAnyone said:

Less information every week

... AND MORE! what was more? oh, the only thing not specified in title: 

• 3 hours ago

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

We're getting the weekend started with an EVO event and taking a look at some amazing community art!

Edited by StrandedAndStoopid
this not being specified maens we can assume this is what they are referring to as "more". it never said anything about an introduction!

Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! Start Classic Season 5! 

6 hours ago, Garyo86 said:

If that's the case, they had better just half every dinos total maturation time entirely. Same for these ridiculous 2 day waiting times just to rebreed a dino. 
The solutions are simple, they're just too incompetent to make it happen. They face an unfixable problem because the games built on dodgy foundations, every thing they touch crumbles and makes the problem worse. 
Instead of giving us more, they just need to take time and costs off of everything. They talk about "balancing" the game, there is nothing balanced about how things are now.

Now with all respect, this is a total bullpoop. Sure, I do like breeding events as well as everyone else does. Sure I do like to get things done easily as well as everyone else does. I would gladly start raising my dinos faster should they decrease their maturation time... like everyone else would. That would be great... for a while. For a very very short while. And than what? It would just become boring again.

Have you ever heard about so called "power creep"? What joy is in getting a mutated dino if you can breed them again and again without any delay? If you can raise them with no effort.... Having to put some work in it is really importatnt part of the game. Without it it will become very boring very fast. Just try to play single player with boosted rates and you will find out how enjoying it is going to be in a month or two.

Sure, we all do have some other life outside the ARK and game should respect that. But ARK does respect that today. You have cryopods, that give you an option to stop and go your raising any time... this was the best addition in whole ARK history. Trust me, I know what I am talking about.

So, long story short - I do not want any adjustments to breeding rates etc. But I really want WC to finally fix all that poop that makes Gen2 servers crashing again and again. Right now I am just waiting to get my server back online again... I will gladly give my money for ARK2 if it is extreemly hard survival game. But I am not going to pay a dime for something as buggy as Gen2 is again!

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, BlackScarlatta said:

Im playing SIngleplayer in Primitive Plus... and yes, its most fun playing there than in Official Servers because you modify the amount of multipliers at your like, but in Oficial Servers WildCard doesnt pay attention to the REAL community that is asking for so long to have a Breeding Event... its clearly that you are a Newbie in the game... talk to me when you have more than 7 years playing the game and saw how everything goes to FECES.

If everything goes to hell on you I can assure you being denied a breeding event isn't what caused it. As it stands you and everyone that keeps screeching about breeding are acting like children being denied a boon that isn't even explicitly necessary. You play official for the no training wheels no holds barred grind and challenge, not to live on event boosts from the devs like some sort of beggar. You want a perpetual breeding boost rate? Go on unofficial, elsewise put on the adult pants and make the time to breed the old fashioned way. If you can't find said time then you shouldn't be breeding things in the first place.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, kuovaP said:

Have you ever heard about so called "power creep"? What joy is in getting a mutated dino if you can breed them again and again without any delay? If you can raise them with no effort....

Not to be a stickler on you, but that's not really what power creep is. The term you're looking for is called "anhedonia" or maybe "ennui". The brain stops kicking up that good ol' dopamine rush when you have constant access to rewarding stimuli. Basically you adapt to it and view it as common place while the brain more or less realizes it can save resources and not fry your pleasure center by not loading you up on happy juice all the time. Accomplishment is replaced by expectancy, sactisfaction is replaced by disinterest, your curious drive to see the upper limits of your projects is replaced by perhaps a lingering desire to finish what you started or you being trapped in the sunk cost fallacy. 

This has been a small useless insight into the inner workings of the human brain by your local surly skeletal cosmonaut.