meteor shower

wizard03

16 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Welp, was inside of sanctuary today and had a metor kill me and my argy.....isn't there supposed to be a sheild or something to protect us inside the biome's???

Which sanctuary, what coords?

Were you flying at the time? If so there's a very good chance that you accidentally flew above the level of the dome to get hit.

There isn't "supposed to be" a shield, there is a shield. Having said that it could either be a small mistake on your part or it might have actually been a glitch with an individual meteor, but being in the wrong place by accident is a more likely explanation.

15 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Which sanctuary, what coords?

Were you flying at the time? If so there's a very good chance that you accidentally flew above the level of the dome to get hit.

There isn't "supposed to be" a shield, there is a shield. Having said that it could either be a small mistake on your part or it might have actually been a glitch with an individual meteor, but being in the wrong place by accident is a more likely explanation.

its near nooblets base location.....best way to describe it is kinda an office building that overlooks a bunch of little ponds and what seems to be an aviary.....I was in the aviary when it happened. And nope, I was on the ground getting the tables for some element dust. I was in the middle of cryopodding the doedy when it happened. Luckily he cryoed up just as it happened.
One minute everything is fine, next there is a huge fireball explosion, the whole screen was bright orange then black, the text just said I died. No creature announced. 

13 hours ago, wizard03 said:

its near nooblets base location.....best way to describe it is kinda an office building that overlooks a bunch of little ponds and what seems to be an aviary.....

I have no idea where nooblets base location is, but from your description it sounds like you were in the central dome over the city, as opposed to one of the smaller domes covering the individual biomes.

The reason I was asking about coordinates is that near the edges of the domes, where they slope down sharply as they are coming down to meet the ground, it's easy to think that you're inside the dome when you're not. When I was playing on Extinction we had a couple of people get killed in spots that felt like they were inside the dome but, upon further examination, we figured out were slightly outside. Anywhere near the edges can be tricky during a meteor shower and just a couple of steps one way or the other can mean the difference between life and death.

13 hours ago, wizard03 said:

One minute everything is fine, next there is a huge fireball explosion, the whole screen was bright orange then black, the text just said I died. No creature announced.

Having said that, you might have found an actual glitch in the dome that gets people killed where it shouldn't. My suggestion would be to go back to that spot when it's safe, try to figure out whether you were truly covered by the dome or not, and if you think you should have been protected in that spot take some screen shots and submit a ticket.

We all know that they're putting more resources into ARK2 than into ARK, but they still do bug fixes. If you've found a legit but then you'll be doing everyone who still plays a favor if you submit a ticket documenting that bug.

11 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

I have no idea where nooblets base location is, but from your description it sounds like you were in the central dome over the city, as opposed to one of the smaller domes covering the individual biomes.

The reason I was asking about coordinates is that near the edges of the domes, where they slope down sharply as they are coming down to meet the ground, it's easy to think that you're inside the dome when you're not. When I was playing on Extinction we had a couple of people get killed in spots that felt like they were inside the dome but, upon further examination, we figured out were slightly outside. Anywhere near the edges can be tricky during a meteor shower and just a couple of steps one way or the other can mean the difference between life and death.

Having said that, you might have found an actual glitch in the dome that gets people killed where it shouldn't. My suggestion would be to go back to that spot when it's safe, try to figure out whether you were truly covered by the dome or not, and if you think you should have been protected in that spot take some screen shots and submit a ticket.

We all know that they're putting more resources into ARK2 than into ARK, but they still do bug fixes. If you've found a legit but then you'll be doing everyone who still plays a favor if you submit a ticket documenting that bug.

eh, best I got then is 51, 65....there is a circular structure with a waterfall on one side and a terminal directly in the middle. Picture here: maxresdefault.jpg (1280×720) (ytimg.com)

I didn't think it would be even close to the "edge" where I could see it as a possibility, but then again I could be incorrect, but still it would be a bummer if it is cause that means a huge portion of sanctuary is simply unsafe during a storm. 

Ill try to keep it in mind next time a storm hits, but so far this has been the only meteor strike Iv seen hit the city. Ive seen it hit the snow and wastelands, but the only time its hit the city was when it counted. x.x

On a side note, have you had any luck with the purple drops that go to wave 100?....someone told me the loot is the exact same from wave 7 to wave 100. Hate to be spending 5 hours a drop trying to get an ascendant mek BP when I could just hussle things along.

Archived