My Ark is laggy and i dont know why

Mordinistring

I was going to say something along the same lines....is it a hard drive, ssd, nvme?

If its a hard drive, go ahead and upgrade to an ssd. Heck as an xbox guy, I moved all my games to an external SSD to get faster loading times, and to help with micro stutter.

If that isn't the problem, maybe take a look at the memory timings on the ram, see if you can tighten them up a bit.

4 hours ago, Mordinistring said:

I run the game on an ssd

My game should still look good right on epic settings. Sure i understand if it would lag but it should still look good, Thing is it still looks blurry and a bit pixelated 

Do you have motion blur and film grain boxes checked or unchecked?  Aside from that, I would try having nvidia geforce experience tune the game settings one time and also launch the game set to low graphics, then start turning up quality on different settings one at a time.

I cant have my res scale at max because it lags even om medium settings lol witch is weird. And when GeForce optimizes my game to what i should be available to play with ease I get like 30 fps, I don't know what's wrong.

But the biggest problem is that my game looks blurry and pixelated and it doesn't look as crisp and smooth like it should on all epic settings 

When I look at YouTube at how medium or any preset for that matter should look they look WAYYYY better than on my screen, I don't know what causes this and I'm wondering if any1 could have some answers. I could be because a while back I followed a video on how to get better fps in ark and I remember I fiddled with Invidia or control panels or something like that witch could be the issue. But if any1 knows some stuff I could try I would greatly appreciate it 

Ps I would appreciate fast answers because I just started my new solo world and i would like to fix this issue as fast as possible 

On 9/28/2021 at 2:31 PM, Mordinistring said:

gtx 1060 8gb

Not that it really matter too much to the topic here, but I dont think there is such a thing as a gtx 1060 8gb. Pretty sure it only ever came in a 3gb and a 6gb version, I myself have an asus gtx 1060 super 6gb. Anyway Seeing that caused me to try to google around to see if I could find an 8gb version and I could not, other than something saying it was never released.

On 10/4/2021 at 3:22 PM, Mordinistring said:

i meant 6gb sorry :D does your game look good on medium settings? and what settings do you play on and how much fps do you get 

Sorry but I actually play on xbox so cant help much with quality of this card playing ark. I can say the few times I have logged in through the windows store version of the game for "reasons", it looked and felt amazing. It definitely was a smoother experience than on xbox I can say.

Archived