A small overhaul to Phoenix's.

MrAkairi

Suggestion

The Phoenix is probably Ark's most underutilized and unloved creatures. which is really sad as those who get to use them find them to be pretty cool flyers as they are pretty much a flaming jet.

I don't wanna suggest much as the more that does means the less likely of it getting done.

1. Give them a standing animation. (Having it just float there gives it what a friend called "An unfinished look". Which I agree with, its also just feels unfinished especially when its friggin dossier has it standing. Come-on.

2. Decrease the altitude in which it constantly goes up. (Me and a group of 4 spend hours looking for just one of these thing to no effect due to it being in the stratosphere and or over the dunes!)

The next two probably require more care so I doubt wildcard would ever consider these.

1. Make the creature available outside of Super-heats. They are so hard to find in such a short time given how fast these things move. But a cool addition to not make superheats irrelevant is to make taming it in a super heat easier to incentivize a player waiting for it rather then being locked out of taming outside of a super-heat.

2.(and the least plausible goes too) Make the phoenix available on other maps. Simple reasoning is simple, Ark is a sandbox game, more creatures give more players things to do. I'm not asking them to be available on every map but the dang thing is a literally unseen creature on a map that has been largely made irrelevant by ragnarok.

2 replies to this server topic

i feel like the phoenix should be able to stand, but only in ash form, as to balance the mid-air regeneration. or just make it able to stand, it has feet after all... (it doesn't make sense to begin with)

another thing that makes no sense is how the player can ride one without burning alive, but that could be forgiven if the phoenix actually increased the hypothermal insulation approximately 4-5 meters around it (specially while riding it). 

wildcard should also make it so the ash doesn't disappear after the heatwave ends, as to make finding one much less of a chore in-case you still don't have a wyvern to quickly look around (thinking around this with vanilla scorched earth in mind)

this one might be a stretch, considering it would mean new animations, but it would be awesome if the phoenix had tapejara-like movement to support it's fireball ability as a combat mount. it could be balanced because of the lack of saddle...

this one is probably unbalanced, but being able to burn wood to convert it into charcoal could also be a thing (maybe at a slower rate, like a standing torch?)

anyways, since they're gonna touch-up on scorched earth this year, i feel like they should definitely do at least a small touch-up on the phoenix considering it's a scorched earth exclusive and it's a little outdated considering, for example, the snow owl's movement. (oh yeah, give it the diving ability like most new tames. it's not easy to get after all!!!!!!!)

also, if they are made avaible in other maps, i feel like the center is a good candidate considering the map's theme (it is a little outdated though). 

Archived