I wont buy ark 2

Brexit2021

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, maxplanck58 said:

Yeah - the Colecovision was really groundbreaking considering how early it came out, and how close it got to arcade quality graphics and sound.  The controller was rough, though.  Not as bad as the Intellivision, but awkward.

True but the controller overlays for the games was a pretty cool deal back then. 

i have 18k of hours in ark, but i am very frustrated about the exploits and cheats thats bin used. today we encountered aimbotters AGAIN on lost island. why isnt there anti-cheat in this game????? i created many tickets with video evidence. these cheaters are still playing the game. its pointless to hide a vault in the ocean, esp cheaters will find ur hidden stuff everywhere. so yeah, my advice is, not buying ark or ark 2. as the devs dont listen to the community. why should they listen in the future? ark 2 is new but with the same devs, that wont fix exploits, meshholes, aimbotters. if they give me 1 week of admin rights.....i would have banned 70% of the playerbase!!! there are so many meshbases, that can be easily found and banned....so why is that not happening??? when i ask normal question in a ticket how to counter cheaters....they just close the ticket, without any response at all! this should not be happening to legit players! when my deathwall got meshed with video evidence....i asked for material refund. they just closed my ticket and didnt care, we lost 170 tek turrets and 30 heavies, fully stacked with bullets. destroyed in 10 seconds from mesh!! imagine the time for farming.......at least i gave some arguments to make the topic title strong! kind regards. 

On 12/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, pvg103breda said:

today we encountered aimbotters AGAIN on lost island. why isnt there anti-cheat in this game?????

There is, but the way most anti-cheats work doesn't catch aimbots and wallhacks. They're more geared towards preventing players from noclipping around the map. Best approach is just to have the server admin ban them, if it's a private server.

14 hours ago, Scheneighnay said:

Best approach is just to have the server admin ban them, if it's a private server.

In other words: Official or console players just have bad luck.

If WC is unwilling to give good moderation and support then give us the option to host our own game. The splitscreen solo plays like butt and hosing your own game for yourself and some friends demands extra hardware.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:16 PM, Scheneighnay said:

I have serious doubts about the game as well but I'll wait and see. The devs always seemed to have their priorities backwards with the current game, but they've had strong moments as well.

My idea. The last couple of days I try to get back in the game, Lost Island launch bugs/degrades killed my mood. Unfortunately even the solo game is suffering not loading textures and requires restart after restart. Official servers are terribly instable.

How on earth is PvP still playable if you have to restart that many times? "Hey dear enemy, wait killing me for a second, I'll be right back so we have a fair fight."
The only option is offline raid protection with only 4 official servers per map...

5 hours ago, Scheneighnay said:

Official servers have been badly under-moderated forever, yeah. I learned early to never play on official.

Consoles aren't so bad off, cheat engines actually require effort to use on consoles, unlike PC. 

I have sadly spent all my years on official PvP and PvE servers - I have heard a lot about how unofficial servers offer much more fun, fairness and stability, but I never pulled the trigger on them for fear of being at the mercy of a random "civilian" server operator.  I regret that decision: I would have likely had much better experiences on unofficial servers.  After the first couple of years, my experience on official servers became a gauntlet of hackers, griefers, crashing and character transfer losses. 

Regardless, I will assume that WC wants to make a profit and a good game.  I don't believe that they would intentionally make Ark 2 with the same issues as Ark.  I predict that it will have different faults.  I plan on waiting a couple of months and absorbing the reviews before making my decision to purchase.  I am hoping for the best and trying to keep an open mind.

On 12/23/2021 at 10:59 PM, maxplanck58 said:

Regardless, I will assume that WC wants to make a profit and a good game.  I don't believe that they would intentionally make Ark 2 with the same issues as Ark.  I predict that it will have different faults.  I plan on waiting a couple of months and absorbing the reviews before making my decision to purchase.  I am hoping for the best and trying to keep an open mind.

The intention is not the issue here. The ability to learn from mistakes to avoid them is the big question.
There seems to be no internal quality control or version management system. I mean, they don't even bother to correct their own post here if you spot errors. The push on more content fast over good content when it's ready is just too much.

I'll wait at least a few events and major updates but for now I have little hope the management attitude will allow improvements.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree best thing for everybody's health, time and happiness is to just stop the game is not heading in a good direction and has not been for a very long-time entire tribes are being erased from the game many not knowing what they ever did losing characters years of work and Dinos. Ark they are focused on punishing the players more than fixing the actual problems in the game it is actually almost like they enjoy punishing people now instead of trying to make the game more enjoyable and this negativity has increased in the community who plays the game as well if you want to see the downfall of society look around the ark community.

I really liked ark and I hope that ark 2 is a smooth running game that makes the original completely obsolete. When ark was released it was a pre-release and had alot of issues. They didn't fully release until 2 years later and still had lots of issues. Everyone hating on this guy for saying he isn't going to buy it because the game was never really fixed well I don't blame him. I think alot of people would be happy to see games come out full release with the time put in it to operate with little to no error. These companies aren't motivated to finish or fix a game if they already got paid for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably the most stupid thing to say. Obviously
WildCard misses release dates and stuff quite often,
but they do care more then other teams and I do appreciate
that. They even got a really good Bug Bounty program, even
that shows how they are after fixing the game and making it
a good experience for everyone. For me Ark is one of the best
games on the market, definitely going to take a look at Ark 2.
Maybe name examples, so they can fix it. :)

Only things I hate are the mission resets and support doesn't want to
give them back and that BattlEye banning false positive for overlay
crosshairs for weeks and it is still not fixed. And BattlEye support
is not responding and WildCard support is like ask BattlEye for support...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, royman40 said:

Same, the thing that hates me the most is the one directional communication towards the player base. Also, if they  cant fix Ark1 why should i even bother buying Ark2? Sorry but a donkey never hits the same stone twice.... So i ill not buy it.

Its typically wild card strategy. Make a new map to pacify the bobs. There only making a new game to try and increase revenue.

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Creb said:

Its typically wild card every software company on the planet strategy. Make a new map to pacify the bobs. There only making a new game to try and increase revenue.

Fixed it for you. Yes, all software companies must generate revenue. This is typically done by producing new games/maps/expansion packs.

Archived