I wont buy ark 2

Brexit2021

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

Now I am inspired to go to the forum of every product that I don't intend on ever purchasing and declaring that I won't buy it.

Well im glad I inspired you even though I was never trying too, this was meant for you it was meant for the devs, but as usual the brown nosers cant resist trying to belittle my thread.

6 hours ago, Brexit2021 said:

Well im glad I inspired you even though I was never trying too, this was meant for you it was meant for the devs, but as usual the brown nosers cant resist trying to belittle my thread.

Maybe because your thread kinda sucks?  I mean, we all know Ark is a hot-mess: even the devs.  Do you think you are striking shame in their hearts by letting them know that you are also privy to the well-known information and will exercise your rights as a consumer?

On 9/25/2021 at 6:16 AM, Brexit2021 said:

Dude we are belittling your thread because all you are saying is "im not buying it." You aren't offering them any reasons as to why you aren't buying it, and you haven't even seen any of the gameplay. We don't know exactly what Ark 2 will be like, we haven't seen any gameplay released, and for all we know the game is still a year or two away from being released at all. Writing it off on the forums without offering any sort of constructive criticism is just going to get ignored by the devs as well as criticized by the rest of us because you are writing off a game you know nothing about purely because you don't like the original game. All of us are aware of how buggy ark is, and yet we still play it. there's a good chance Ark 2 will still be buggy, and yet there are those of us that don't care because the heart behind the game and the content that is there is still so appealing to many of us. We enjoy the game despite the bugs, and we don't bitch and moan about every little thing. 

You just sound whiny. In what world do you live in that would allow you to think that telling the devs you won't buy their game, that you haven't seen anything of yet, is somehow helping them in any way? judge the game when you see gameplay trailers. Until then, cool your jets kid. 

On 9/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, Brexit2021 said:

If it was different developers making this i would have bought it asap, but wont bother seeing how ark 1 was a buggy mess and they treated there fan base like rubbish and never listened.

Yeah agreed, after "Wild Card" deleted my full gen 1 and gen 2 missions and refused to restore them. I decided it was time to quit the game and have been happily playing bug free games for months!!! I'm enjoying othewr games because that cant be deleted because other companies have backup contingencies and restore lost data.

Wild Card staff are amongst the scummiest incompetent people on the planet. No care for customers, no care for customer data, very happy to let data get deleted and just close tickets. Thats the kind of scum Wild Card is.

Maybe we get to know more during extra life event, don't know extract date but sometime in first week of november or so.

Ofc i expect to know if it will have official guide, what kind of new servers hardware will be used and what performance should have network, skill system, crafting system, land management system, chat system, trading system, tribe and clan system, items, food and structures deterioration (spoil, decay, despawn) rates, security of avatar , items and structures and many more including exact date of delivery game and ability to play.

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, Noa said:

Maybe we get to know more during extra life event, don't know extract date but sometime in first week of november or so.

Ofc i expect to know if it will have official guide, what kind of new servers hardware will be used and what performance should have network, skill system, crafting system, land management system, chat system, trading system, tribe and clan system, items, food and structures deterioration (spoil, decay, despawn) rates, security of avatar , items and structures and many more including exact date of delivery game and ability to play.

Extra Life is Nov 6th, so my guess would be that weekend.

Since we know Ark 2 will be on a new engine, it would be silly to expect it to have the same problems.  I may not buy it right out of the gates, but I will be open to considering a purchase if the reviews are consistently good over a couple of months.  My intuitions tell me that it will not have the same bugs and exploits - it will have different bugs/exploits, and will likely have just as many players more than willing to take advantage of them to crush my playing experience.  But I will hope for the best. 

18 hours ago, MadCow said:

Anyone want to take wagers on the numbers of hours the OP has spent in the "buggy mess" of Ark?  People swearing the game isn't worth $10 usually have thousands of hours played and that makes me laugh.  Hard.

I have over 8k of buggy hours what on earth that has to do with ark 2 is beyond me ?  this is what has influenced me to make this post. I purchased ark on day 1 had i known what i do now i would never have touched it.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:16 PM, Brexit2021 said:

Lmmfao.

Okay, listen dude, try to attack this from a mathematical standpoint.

16 million players have purchased Ark across console and PC. 16,000,000. That's 16,000 times a 1000 people. The front page of the forum holds what, 48 threads per page? Most threads have a view count between a 100 views and a 1000 views, with the odd outlier. Generally speaking, the average views per thread is probably close to 300, while the average response count per thread is probably in the 10-15 region. The "General" Ark discussion section has 375,000 posts. Try to count how many threads on the first page are about people wanting to quit, or people not wanting to buy Ark 2. Something like 5/30 threads maybe?

I am trying to establish what an absolute minority of people that purchased the game that actually come to these forums, and further, what an absolute minority of those people that actually make threads like your thread. I do that to make the argument that something like 15,950,000 of those 16,000,000 players all came and went and managed to shut up about it without PSAs. I make that argument to further make the argument that there is something entitled about the very act of announcing your actions in public spaces. If you were pissed with McDonalds, would you stand on the street outside and shout it to the world in hopes that the higher-ups at McDonalds maybe hear you? You don't see what that looks like to everybody else? If people passing by you were like "why don't you shut up and stop shouting in the street? nobody cares", would you then start accusing "innocent" bystanders of belittling you? Aren't you the one standing on the street making noise about something that's your personal problem and nobody elses? Why should anyone care? Etc.

Listen, we get you're upset about something. We all have problems. If you can't make a constructive suggestion for improvement, then why not just... shut up and leave? If I was a dev at the company, I would laugh at people like you behind your back. And I'm actually a really decent person, so the point between the lines there is: this is so raptoring weird of you to be doing, don't expect any sympathy or empathy from ANYONE, except other people that are inhabited by the same sense of entitlement. They will obviously agree with you, because it validates their own entitlement.

So yes, we belittle your thread. And although we don't do it to your face here on the boards, we belittle you in our minds as well. We've done it to every person like you that came before you, so you are just getting a lot of accumulated frustration. That's what it costs you to make threads like these. Live with it, or do something better with your time and never look back. Those are your real, actual options. No matter how much text you spew out, or what angle you try to argument your case from. Your whole stance is rejected by the crowd. Unless you're special like Einstein, that usually means you're just wrong.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

I do that to make the argument that something like 15,950,000 of those 16,000,000 players all came and went and managed to shut up about it without PSAs

The few people that come here just to complain ad nauseum are such a minority they would be completely ignored as "statistically non-significant".

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The few people that come here just to complain ad nauseum are such a minority they would be completely ignored as "statistically non-significant".

Exactly. And I think a lot of the "complainers" just haven't wrapped their head around this yet. It's like they take it personal that the game is buggy. As if it's something the devs are doing to them on purpose, rather than an artifact of a much more complex context.

Or, they've watched too many movies where characters are using speeches to change the world, which literally never happens.

3 minutes ago, Noa said:

Also developers share your opinion and publish their monolog on twitter or any other communication channel except on official forum.

Must be reason in that behavior.

This actually isn't exclusive to Wildcard. I know lots of companies that have official forums where devs and CS don't part-take. Line 6, who sell guitar gear, come to mind. They sell $1200 products that if you have a question about the product, you won't get an official response on their forums 99% of the time. You will get it through support tickets or their PSAs that they do from time to time, though. Their forums are intended to be user run, excplicitly, "on purpose". So, users helping other users. Other issues must be submitted in support tickets. They are known for very good customer service, but my point is, there's an idea out there about user run communities that a lot of companies adhere to. I think it's a philosophical choice the company makes early on in their start-up. Whether to have a presence on forums, or not. I'm sure there's some research and statistics concerning online communities and their conception, I don't know. When loads of people do it, must be some reason, I just don't know exactly what it is. What I do know: It's not for whatever reason these complainers would think, like "they're trying to hide so they don't have to answer for their poopty game" or whatever. It's actually a more thought-out decision that has philosophical reasons and maybe even research behind it.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Noa said:

Also developers share your opinion and publish their monolog on twitter or any other communication channel except on official forum.

Must be reason in that behavior.

I've said this for years now. This forum doesn't appear to be for direct interaction with the developers or the company (aside from the bugs section). It's for interaction between the players. The last few years have certainly shored up that statement. Look at gaming studios move to Twitter and Discord. Quite a few companies are ditching traditional forums completely and moving to, *cringe*, platforms like Discord. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the writing is on the wall...

On 9/29/2021 at 6:11 PM, maxplanck58 said:

Since we know Ark 2 will be on a new engine, it would be silly to expect it to have the same problems.  I may not buy it right out of the gates, but I will be open to considering a purchase if the reviews are consistently good over a couple of months.  My intuitions tell me that it will not have the same bugs and exploits - it will have different bugs/exploits, and will likely have just as many players more than willing to take advantage of them to crush my playing experience.  But I will hope for the best. 

It takes time to learn and make the best out a new engine, especially because they'll have to do a lot of custom work for the needs of an Ark style game. Barring better fidelity and maybe animations, it'll likely be riddled with bugs and will be in early access for a long time. I don't see them changing that way for Development. They're definitely set in their ways an not change the mentality, so I would expect similar results. ATLAS spin off is a great example of this, so its best to have low expectations

18 hours ago, Fresiki said:

Okay, listen dude, try to attack this from a mathematical standpoint.

16 million players have purchased Ark across console and PC. 

I don't like mathematical standpoint. It hurt a lot and it say that WC is specialized in selling game to criminals.

Just look at patch notes, 90% of them contain "fixed an exploit"

So big part of those 16 millions players are cheaters and exploiters by mathematical stand point.

Archived