Community Crunch 285: EVO Event, Community Corner, and more!

StudioWildcard

9 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Do bosses still completely ignore Deinonychus?  If so, I'm sure it would be pretty easy to beat really anything with them.

Actually bosses don't ignore specific dinos but they target the biggest tame in the arena first so if you have deinonychus (which is classified as small) or a shadowmane (classified as medium) and a yuty (classified as big) the boss will ignore them all and go for the large size classed dinos in this case the yuty and will ignore the smaller ones (deinonychus, shadowmane...) even if those smaller are attacking it as long as the larger Dino didn't leave the agro range of the boss, this doesn't apply on player bosses can ignore you Dinos when you are close enough to him

• Like 1

Syntac don’t have to test anything, he’s always yearsss behind on everything. Pls stahp spam his links and share some PVP official players who actually know how to play the game. 

Deinonychus defeats all bosses no problems, in fact with many damage and health mutations, many other tames can do it too.

In the end, breeding events is really helpful for the official life. No one tames anything on these events anyway, all mutations are 3 years ahead. Aaaand harvest rates crashes gen2 server, thanks, no thanks

• Like 1

i found out the eggg incubator on ps4 is now the hardest thing to navigate. much harder than the path to the rock drakes. i was using it on valguero so im not sure if its all over the place or if its only stable on gen2. anyway, what happens is 1. the cursor or the yellow boxto show where you are when inside an iventory is blinking constantly. this makes it act like its there when you seeit and when it dissapears it is impossible to move it or select an egg, etc. 2. that makesmoving around it overly difficult. it also makes select an egg take about 10 seconds of constant tapping, than the fun part is moving back to "destroy egg" and then clicking that. im now using the egg incubator as a way to veiw eggs and then thake them outto be eaten. i also found how the weird deino tp glitch works. 

Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with Maewings.

1) Sometimes I'll be gliding and the game crashes and goes to console screen. 

2) Also when I log in, if I'm breeding say 4 babies on a Maewing. The back two are invisible and I have to log out and log back in.

3) Server 1646 Gen 2 is nearly 200 days behind most servers. Is this server just broken. So many lags. Booted out of the server 8 times in the space on 2/3 hours.

4) FED UP.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:44 AM, Dodoking2 said:

Hey wildcard,

are you ever going to consider removing the tether for non dedicated on PS4. I know that I along with quite a lot of other PS4 players would appreciate if you would even give a reason for not removing it.

thanks, Dodoking 

the reason they don't remove tether is because it's just a limit of consoles. they tried it once and whenever one player got too far from the host the terrain and dinos would start glitching out and playing the game normally became impossible, if it really bothers you host a dedicated server, or play on an official/nitrado server, PvE ones exist if you dont want to be raided

Hope this helps, Spider

On 9/25/2021 at 10:12 AM, OptimusePrime said:

You ever heared of people not having the time or taking a break, right? Or going on a vacation for a week or two?

you've clearly missed the point. Tek structures, which are the longest lasting base building structure have a demolish timer of 20 days. Tek dedicated storages however last 80 days. if they didn't reset in 20 for their tek base then they probably aren't coming back for their dedis. they should probably be reduced down to 20 or 30 days at the most imo

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 8:20 PM, Nenofera said:

Dedicated Storage  and structures
shorter decay time please
reduction of decay players and tribes without playing for several days

Please don’t do this some people and kids play solo on official and have to listen to parents and if they go on vacation for a week they don’t want their base decaying when it’s out of their control

2 hours ago, Coopdog2 said:

Please don’t do this some people and kids play solo on official and have to listen to parents and if they go on vacation for a week they don’t want their base decaying when it’s out of their control

Provided you mean solo mode, it could probably afford to stay the same. If you mean solo players in servers however then that's tough luck. It's beyond insipid that players can just up and poof and everyone else loses a potential spot for a grueling length of time because the storage boxes last for so long. If players want to leave then they should destroy their structures, if not then the time needs to be cut or the player in question needs to get the hell on to justify their encampment being there. I refuse to believe someone can't find five minutes out of a day to log in for at least a refresh on the timer, especially considering I can manage it while working, having a full college course load and maintaining a rigid workout routine. 

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 1

Ya know a breeding event would have been nice over the weekend but I’m kinda glad we didn’t get one.  I don’t know about other officials but I know the official gen 2 server I play on has been plagued for the last month or 2 by someone or a group duping like hell.  Lags the server, kicks everyone out and the won’t come back up on the server list for 10-15 minutes, then has a minimum 20 minute rollback.  With issues like that the last thing we need is a breeding event.  My hope is that this crap is figured out and fixed before the end of the year’s holiday events and extra life event.  Things like this is why I (and 99.9% of people I play with) agree that ARK 2  SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED NEXT YEAR AND SHOULD BE IN EXTENDED DEVELOPMENT!!  Don’t want to waste money on a sequel to a game ghat we all love but has the same baggage!  That’s like breaking up with a girl with issues just to date her sister, where I come from we call that stupidity!

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 7:39 AM, Der3Al3arab said:

Actually bosses don't ignore specific dinos but they target the biggest tame in the arena first so if you have deinonychus (which is classified as small) or a shadowmane (classified as medium) and a yuty (classified as big) the boss will ignore them all and go for the large size classed dinos in this case the yuty and will ignore the smaller ones (deinonychus, shadowmane...) even if those smaller are attacking it as long as the larger Dino didn't leave the agro range of the boss, this doesn't apply on player bosses can ignore you Dinos when you are close enough to him

So one could say, yes, they still ignore Deinonychus.  Regardless of small/large, its pretty easy when you just outrange whatever melee attack as the Deinonychus swarm the boss and murder it extremely quickly while it tries to run at you forever, ignoring whatever things you brought.  But people don't regularly take Raptors to bossfights, but will take Deinonychus, so the point stands.  It's a bypass of sorts, because the bosses are coded wrong with aggro tables, that's my only point.

Showing it like Syntac accomplished something crazy is pretty close to saying, "I took 8000 simple pistol ammo and a pistol with God Mode to solo kill the Dragon Boss.  Can I do it???"  Sorta fun to watch, but not really a noteworthy accomplishment.

On 9/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, Good1stev1 said:

Has anybody else been having trouble teleporting with HLN-A after the update on ps4? She won't take me anywhere and I really wanna tame things in the arctic.

They fixed it on PS4 and now it's broken on Xbox for Windows 10! Guess I'm gonna get a ton of stuff done in the Ocean Biome since I'm stranded here...

NOUS ne pouvons pas commencer bossfight genesis partie 1 depuis la mise à jour s'il vous plaît Wildcard faire quelque chose

+Thé god mode noglin still works 

+ASTrocETUs mesh YOU CAN MESH ANYWHERE IN 10 SECOND PLEASE WILDCARD FIX THAT IS VERY BROKEN 

Edited by ARKWHITOUTAIMBOTPLZ

3 minutes ago, ARKWHITOUTAIMBOTPLZ said:

NOUS ne pouvons pas commencer bossfight genesis partie 1 depuis la mise à jour s'il vous plaît Wildcard faire quelque chose

+Thé god mode noglin still works 

+ASTrocETUs mesh YOU CAN MESH ANYWHERE IN 10 SECOND PLEASE WILDCARD FIX THAT IS VERY BROKEN 

On 9/25/2021 at 9:11 PM, Good1stev1 said:

Has anybody else been having trouble teleporting with HLN-A after the update on ps4? She won't take me anywhere and I really wanna tame things in the arctic.

Yo if you die in the map you should be able to respawn at any biome and you could upload your things to ark data via a mission terminal and then get them back from the biome you want to go to and then do whatever you want to do there then you upload your creatures by going to the tab that does it and then you upload ur things thus allowing you to slowly travel but travel to different biomes without HLN-A or you could upload ur survivor too and spawn at the new biome. hope it works

Edited by Quagzorkan6777

On 9/26/2021 at 9:55 AM, SteliosOC said:

Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with Maewings.

1) Sometimes I'll be gliding and the game crashes and goes to console screen. 

2) Also when I log in, if I'm breeding say 4 babies on a Maewing. The back two are invisible and I have to log out and log back in.

3) Server 1646 Gen 2 is nearly 200 days behind most servers. Is this server just broken. So many lags. Booted out of the server 8 times in the space on 2/3 hours.

4) FED UP.

Just drop baby's out n pick back up will fix the visual glitch of not seeing them