Breeding (milk) Wyverns

santinonieto04

Hey, what´s up. I wanted to ask of the milk of wyvenrs babys. I know that the I know that the breeding of wyverns was enabled about a year ago but I would like to know if there is any option that enables the mother of the wyvern to give milk to the baby, because, of course, it should, but I can't find the way. I hope ARK has not done a completely illogical thing again.

2 hours ago, santinonieto04 said:

Hey, what´s up. I wanted to ask of the milk of wyvenrs babys. I know that the I know that the breeding of wyverns was enabled about a year ago but I would like to know if there is any option that enables the mother of the wyvern to give milk to the baby, because, of course, it should, but I can't find the way. I hope ARK has not done a completely illogical thing again.

to get wyvern milk, you must find a wild female wyvern, knock it out with tranquillizers, then take the milk out of its inventory.

2 hours ago, santinonieto04 said:

I hope ARK has not done a completely illogical thing again.

So you're fine with the idea that humans-who-aren't-entirely-human are living on flatland maps that are floating in space inside of spheres of unknown origin, they enter the world as adults who know absolutely nothing about their life before that moment when they woke up naked on a beach, these not-quite-humans are able to progress from knowing absolutely nothing about the universe or even the world they live in to being able to produce tek equipment and travel through dimensions, they're living alongside species that range from hundreds of millions of old to merely 10,000 years ago on the same map, there are also completely fictional creatures living in these floating magical-spheres in space, but somehow when you encounter a purely fictional creature that has never existed and never will exist and then that fictional creature doesn't nurse its young... well that's just one step too far, that's the illogical thing in this equation. Right...

Here's something logical for you - every species in this game has to be hand fed by the survivors when they're born. Not one single parent of any species takes care of their young, it's the job of the survivors that are doing their breeding. So of course the survivors are responsible for feeding baby wyverns just like they have to do for every other species in the game, that's the internal logic of the game and it always has been.

Xd, yea i know that no dino breed their babys but any other dino ask for milk of the mother in ARK, the carnivores ask for meat (mich one the mother dont cut their arm to feed the baby, no logic) and hervivores ask for berries. That is logic, but if my baby wyvern ask for the milk of the mother, why i should sleep another wyvern when the mother is my wyvern too xdxd, thats not logic in all the ilogical history of ark (wich one i love).

1 hour ago, santinonieto04 said:

Xd, yea i know that no dino breed their babys but any other dino ask for milk of the mother in ARK, the carnivores ask for meat (mich one the mother dont cut their arm to feed the baby, no logic) and hervivores ask for berries. That is logic

There are both carnivores and herbivores that are live-bearers and yet in the game they don't nurse their young. You're deliberately ignoring the fact that baby carnivores of live-bearing species don't actually eat meat when they're first born, and yet in the game you feed them meat from the moment they are born. That word you keep using, "logic", it doesn't mean what you think it means.

The internal logic of ARK is the same for every species - you have to feed them no matter what they eat. For you to suggest that wyverns should nurse their young when dire bears, dire wolves and giant sloths don't do so is actually illogical within the system of how the game works.

1 hour ago, santinonieto04 said:

but if my baby wyvern ask for the milk of the mother, why i should sleep another wyvern when the mother is my wyvern too xdxd, thats not logic in all the ilogical history of ark (wich one i love).

It doesn't matter what kind of food they eat, it doesn't matter where that food can be found or what you need to do to acquire that food, the internal logic of the game is consistent for all species, you have to feed them.

Dude stop arguing about a fictional dinosaur game that shuts itself off every 15 minutes. First of all you should throw out the concept of logic out the door when you are talking about a dinosaur game with Wyverns, lava monsters, Griffins, ice bats etc. There is no logic. Also stop trying to justify dead reptiles giving birth and nursing their slimy, scaly little offspring. This isn’t a nonfiction book dude, it’s a fake videogame. Relax.

They took away what was unique about wyverns not being able to breed them...so why the need to jump through hoops anymore...theyve added multiple maps that dont have wyverns..which do allow tamed wyverns. And with all the instability lately why restict raising and having to transfer wyvern milk..which expires fast..doesnt really make sense anymore..just my opinion

1 hour ago, DirkInSA said:

Forget about milk for babies - go catch a pig or a snow owl, and gather some stim berries = profit - raised Wyvern!

The snow owl method would pretty much mean staying on the owl and healing as needed, right? About how much leeway time do you have if you want a change of scenery or whatever. I ask because I have crystal wyvern babies to raise and am not looking forward to collecting primal crystals. 

9 hours ago, Doomette said:

The snow owl method would pretty much mean staying on the owl and healing as needed, right? About how much leeway time do you have if you want a change of scenery or whatever. I ask because I have crystal wyvern babies to raise and am not looking forward to collecting primal crystals. 

It depends a lot on the level & stats of the baby. But generally the health stat at the time when they start using health to stay alive instead of food is high enough for you to abandon them to their own devices for quite long periods (like hours). I ain't personally done this with an Owl, but definitely have used a pig. LOL the "gap" between healing was taken up a lot by meat farming for that hungry pig. Which I understand is not so much of an issue with the Owl?

In the long view (if you gonna breed a bunch of these things) it may be easier to build a wyvern trap to farm your milk / crystal - but pig is viable! Just don't forget stim to keep them awake (hunger increases torp), and have cryo's to "switch" the imprint requirement.

Note also that pig healing is AOE so you can easily deal with more than one kid at a time .... But his food stat drops dramatically! With several babies to raise I have used 2 pigs such that one has time to recover food stat while the other is doing the business.

6 hours ago, hud said:

I dont get it. Why do u need to heal them. Farm Ragna trench for alpha, easy 50 milk.

If u dont spend all milk, leave char in upload with milk in his inventory, when u download him next day u can use it. But dont forget 24 hours timer.

Yes farming is the long term answer - but this is not a Rag Milk Run, Its primal crystal on Crystal Iles. And in all events, not everyone is set up to whack an Alpha (of any kind). And also some people are damn scared of "hunting" wyverns.

3 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

Yes farming is the long term answer - but this is not a Rag Milk Run, Its primal crystal on Crystal Iles. And in all events, not everyone is set up to whack an Alpha (of any kind). And also some people are damn scared of "hunting" wyverns.

For me it’s more of an issue of finding them. I know clearing out regular ones can help, but I’m going to be honest, I really like crystal wyverns and I don’t like killing the non-aggro ones. I know it’s silly lol

On 9/27/2021 at 11:41 AM, Doomette said:

Crystal wyverns w/ 7500+ food can survive to adult on 2x breed w/out ever feeding.   

That said, the owl method on regular fire wyverns lasts about an hour in the early stages of growth.  Later on, this time window will keep increasing to well over 2hrs.  The wiggle room on traditional wyverns is much tighter than a crystal wyvern, but it's easily doable with timers running to keep you on task.

A crystal wyvern on 1x breeding would go about 38% or a day and a half before needing food.   A crystal wyvern could be fed 1x at that point and get to adult w/out feeding again. - always depends on how high the food stat is, but they are nowhere near the challenge of raising traditional wyverns.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:05 PM, Doomette said:

For me it’s more of an issue of finding them. I know clearing out regular ones can help, but I’m going to be honest, I really like crystal wyverns and I don’t like killing the non-aggro ones. I know it’s silly lol

The agro ones only live in the desert and they are ALWAYS there - so no requirement to whack the non aggressive kind which spawn well away from the desert ......

3 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

The agro ones only live in the desert and they are ALWAYS there - so no requirement to whack the non aggressive kind which spawn well away from the desert ......

Heirs sure, but I thought alphas could pop up elsewhere. I’ve killed one in the White Shoals area before. lol first one I killed too, I was all worried it was going to be hard but my giga killed it in like three chomps. Low level wild gigas take longer to kill than that. 

On 9/27/2021 at 2:41 PM, Doomette said:

On official, its not looking like you gonna have much fun. Maybe the 2x events, but maybe

Archived