What is this griefer trying to do?

BanditKeith

So I play on an offline raid protection server and there seems to be a tribe of max level griefers who love to hit our base in the 15 minutes after we signed off. I signed in under another account and noticed his character outside of our base standing in one spot opening and closing his map repeatedly. DILO is he trying to do? I tried knocking him out and stabbing him but he was invincible didn't die or go out just stood there taking it. What is he doing im worried, don't get why these max level losers gotta pick on some bobs. I'm guessing they got ran outta their old server and want an easy target.

23 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Ark PVP.

And it's kind of sad, because the way the game is built it should be epic alliances of tribe vs tribe warfare for control of the best resource spawn zones or important crossroads, rivers, etc.

Instead, it's some level 120 twink on a level 500 wyvern smashing thatch houses on The Island.

For Ark2: Have server progression be one-way.  If you ascend to a higher map, you can't come back down with things that don't belong on the lower level map.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, MadCow said:

And it's kind of sad, because the way the game is built it should be epic alliances of tribe vs tribe warfare for control of the best resource spawn zones or important crossroads, rivers, etc.

I mean, it is what it is. Ultimately, the issue is it's an open sandbox game. And this is what a sandbox game devolves to in the end.

One solution would be map phasing where everyone is on the "same" map but in separate phases based on character level. Blizzard did something similar with WoW quite a few years ago. But that's a game build from scratch on their own framework. I'm not sure if UE4(5) is capable at that.

16 hours ago, MadCow said:

Instead, it's some level 120 twink

That's not what a twink is, a twink is a low level character that has been given gear that can only be accessed by having a high level character.

What you're describing is just a normal high level character from an established tribe that has done a lot of breeding.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, BanditKeith said:

Ok but can someone answer my question. Why was his character just standing there opening his map repeatedly? Is he trying to mesh into my base. Is that a glitch he's doing just to psyche me out and his character isn't really there im just so confused 

You won't find the answer to that here.

2 hours ago, BanditKeith said:

Ok but can someone answer my question. Why was his character just standing there opening his map repeatedly? Is he trying to mesh into my base. Is that a glitch he's doing just to psyche me out and his character isn't really there im just so confused 

I assume heavy medication was involved.

Archived