Unable to see password protected unofficial servers

LoMein26

I am unable to see any password protected unofficial servers on Stadia Ark. Has anyone run into this issue and if so how did you resolve? I tried direct connect but no luck with the password and I don't really want to remove the password.

I scanned the whole UI for a show password protected server checkbox and no dice. Pls help

Hmmm the check box to show "Password Protected" is definitely in the steam version - perhaps the "port" to Stadia uses a different code base? The other issue in play might be a "BattleEye" protected server - dunno how that would work out on a Stadia client? If its your server then try and launch without the BattleEye protection option ( -NoBattlEye)

Thank you for your responses.

Unfortunately the battle eye doesn't appear to have any effect. For whitelisting, it uses steam ID which doesn't really work for the stadia platform :(

I sent in a ticket, but it seems they misunderstood and thought the issue is with a private server and not their UI. If anyone had any suggestions or workarounds in the meantime I would be happy to hear them!

So I just talked to someone at g-portal who said that as of the new update Stadia users can't use password protected servers.  Super irritating for those of us just trying to play with our families.  Would have been nice to know before I paid for a server, which we shouldn't have to do in the first place.

Hmm I'm able to find mine unpassword protected but not password protected. I'm at null on ideas for a workaround as remoting into a password protected server doesn't seem to be an option for Stadia and unpassword protecting it defeats the whole point of getting a private server for me in the first place.

I'm unsure what more I can do to try and flag this issue to WC and push for a quick fix (all they need to do is add a show password protected server button).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived