Harvesting Babies

Droidling

I forgot to disable breading on a pair of tyhla's and ended up with a stack of corpses. All the searching I have done says I should be able to harvest them. I know I was able to do that a few months ago. This time I've tried everything I can think of up to a chainsaw. Nothing works. Is this a bug, a change or am I just missing something?

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Droidling said:

I forgot to disable breading on a pair of tyhla's and ended up with a stack of corpses. All the searching I have done says I should be able to harvest them. I know I was able to do that a few months ago. This time I've tried everything I can think of up to a chainsaw. Nothing works. Is this a bug, a change or am I just missing something?

I'm not sure if it's different in PVP.

But if you are PVE, since you didn't claim the babies, you can't harvest them. You have to wait out the timer before they decay.

59 minutes ago, Droidling said:

iI should have mentioned I'm playing solo. I didn't realize it made a difference.

I'm pretty sure that the game defaults to PvE rules to single-player which is why, for example, you can use cryopods without having to worry about cryosickness if you un-pod multiple dino's in a short time. If you want single-player to run like a PvP game (which would allow you to harvest unclaimed bodies, but would also introduce cryosickness with a 300 second timer) you have to change the configuration settings on your single-player game.

59 minutes ago, Droidling said:

Can someone tell  me if this is a recent change. I had the same thing happen when I first started breading Ovis. I just ended up with a whole lot of mutton.

It's not a change, AFAIK. To the best of my knowledge this is how single-player has always worked.

Archived