breeding Underwater breeding

Itsbrittaannny

32 minutes ago, Itsbrittaannny said:

How do you raise water babies? Do they babies eat off the troughs or?

Babies never eat out of the troughs. You just have to put food into their inventory at first. There isnt that much difference from land-creatures. In general its the same. The only difference I can think of right now is that the eg. Angler, Tuso egg is not an egg you can pick up, so you cannot take water-creatures eggs out of the water. You have to have it secured and be there when it pops. Not sure if there is any difference with the Maewing's baby feeding neither, but my guess is there isnt.

2 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Babies never eat out of the troughs. You just have to put food into their inventory at first. There isnt that much difference from land-creatures. In general its the same. The only difference I can think of right now is that the eg. Angler, Tuso egg is not an egg you can pick up, so you cannot take water-creatures eggs out of the water. You have to have it secured and be there when it pops. Not sure if there is any difference with the Maewing's baby feeding neither, but my guess is there isnt.

Use a gacha to pick up tuso eggs,just fill the inventory with fiber or seeds

12 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Gen 2 changed the game also for water creatures. Babies can be fed by maewings and all eggs can be picked up now and transfered as you please. The same as land based creatures.
The only difference is that incubators have to be in the water when you hatch the eggs but pre-cooking can be done in any other incubator.
Biggest advantage to me is for large creatures like the Tuso, even without use of incubator: No need for deepsea pen to hatch eggs anymore. Mate in deep water, pick up egg and place in protected waterpen just deep enough to hatch them. Then you can pod babies and transfere then to larger pen. This way no one can steal your eggs or claim the babies.

Archived