Best PVP Alpha style base design?

TheAnonymous

How to make a nearly unraidable base:

The base

Step one: Double wall everything.

Step two: Vault your base(inside/out)

Step three: Put turrets inside the base(this can get really annoying for the raider.)

Step four: Put turrets on the roof using giant metal hatchframes

Step five: Dont make your base normal, make it confusing and different than the average base.

Step six: around of your base(not in front of the door.) Put rows of railings close to each other parallel  to the wall, this makes it so that when somebody jumps onto the railings, they will get stuck between the railings forever(Ark glitch LOL)

Step seven: Put traps between the railings, narco traps and bear traps and explosive traps. Cover everything in bear traps. Also cover all your land in smoke traps. This makes it so players cant see but turrets can. 

Step nine: Behomath gates around your base, this allows you to put aggressive theri on wander and not loose them. If raiders try soaking the theris can eat up the stegos health.

Step ten: Purlovias can stun players of there mount allowing turrets to kill the player.

Step eleven: Dont forget about plant X. These plants may seem useless next to turrets, but they can slow down dinos extremely so playes can dive bomb pteras, it also allows more time for the turrets to shoot Stegos when there comming, it prevents the raiders from walking up with a stego and dropping c4. 

Step twelve: Add foundation turrets in the area of your base.

The Towers:

Step one: Vault the turret towers.

Step Two: Make each tower different, Raiders will never now what to expect for the next tower. 

Step three: Put turrets on all high, put a few on all targets (to kill wild animals that  players may hide behind.)and a few on players and then most on players and tames.

Fighting back: 

Step one: Have Bolas, Fire arrows, Sleepy bombs.

Step two: USe a pt to pick raiders off their mount.

Step three: Use a quetz to just pick up their Stegos and chuck em into the sea Lmao

Step four: Snipe em off their mounts.

Step Five: MAke friends to prevent ppl from wanting to raid and ppl can help you when your in need.

Step six: DONT ALLY UNLESS YOU 100% SURE THEY WONT ALLY RAID YOU!!! Ally raiding is dumb and stupid, unfortunately a lot of ppl do it. 

theres no such thing as an unraidable base, the goal when building an alpha style base is to make it so the raider spends more resources than they will gain. 

Let me know if i missed something!

Sorry but this would be true in around 2017 but this base is garbage today. Double walling/foundationing is dead and has been for a while. That's just another 20 seconds with an arthopluera, if they are at your walls that's not gonna make a difference. Behemoth gates are also obsolete, they simply provide the attackers free coverage and you won't see them on any official servers except maybe to block a cave entrance but even then prolly not. 

Only current viable base are the OP caves. Other than that you're just gonna get blasted by star foxes, manas, poison wyvs, etc. Unfortunately, open air bases are complete garbage these days and the devs don't seem to see why that's a problem.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 hours ago, TheAnonymous said:

How to make a nearly unraidable base:

The base

Step one: Double wall everything.

Step two: Vault your base(inside/out)

Step three: Put turrets inside the base(this can get really annoying for the raider.)

Step four: Put turrets on the roof using giant metal hatchframes

Step five: Dont make your base normal, make it confusing and different than the average base.

Step six: around of your base(not in front of the door.) Put rows of railings close to each other parallel  to the wall, this makes it so that when somebody jumps onto the railings, they will get stuck between the railings forever(Ark glitch LOL)

Step seven: Put traps between the railings, narco traps and bear traps and explosive traps. Cover everything in bear traps. Also cover all your land in smoke traps. This makes it so players cant see but turrets can. 

Step nine: Behomath gates around your base, this allows you to put aggressive theri on wander and not loose them. If raiders try soaking the theris can eat up the stegos health.

Step ten: Purlovias can stun players of there mount allowing turrets to kill the player.

Step eleven: Dont forget about plant X. These plants may seem useless next to turrets, but they can slow down dinos extremely so playes can dive bomb pteras, it also allows more time for the turrets to shoot Stegos when there comming, it prevents the raiders from walking up with a stego and dropping c4. 

Step twelve: Add foundation turrets in the area of your base.

The Towers:

Step one: Vault the turret towers.

Step Two: Make each tower different, Raiders will never now what to expect for the next tower. 

Step three: Put turrets on all high, put a few on all targets (to kill wild animals that  players may hide behind.)and a few on players and then most on players and tames.

Fighting back: 

Step one: Have Bolas, Fire arrows, Sleepy bombs.

Step two: USe a pt to pick raiders off their mount.

Step three: Use a quetz to just pick up their Stegos and chuck em into the sea Lmao

Step four: Snipe em off their mounts.

Step Five: MAke friends to prevent ppl from wanting to raid and ppl can help you when your in need.

Step six: DONT ALLY UNLESS YOU 100% SURE THEY WONT ALLY RAID YOU!!! Ally raiding is dumb and stupid, unfortunately a lot of ppl do it. 

theres no such thing as an unraidable base, the goal when building an alpha style base is to make it so the raider spends more resources than they will gain. 

Let me know if i missed something!

Soak turrets

Walk up with an artho

Proffit.

6 hours ago, Tylanater said:

Sorry but this would be true in around 2017 but this base is garbage today. Double walling/foundationing is dead and has been for a while. That's just another 20 seconds with an arthopluera, if they are at your walls that's not gonna make a difference. Behemoth gates are also obsolete, they simply provide the attackers free coverage and you won't see them on any official servers except maybe to block a cave entrance but even then prolly not. 

Only current viable base are the OP caves. Other than that you're just gonna get blasted by star foxes, manas, poison wyvs, etc. Unfortunately, open air bases are complete garbage these days and the devs don't seem to see why that's a problem.

hmmm, thanks for the input, for the past few months ive had this base style on a large unofficial rag server, we took the open area near the castle, looks like its time for me to switch it up, though, I think some of these tactics are still valid, purlovias and theris can still inflict alot of damage. I agree that the devs should really focus on making pvp actually fun rather than just turrets, maybe a new type of defense. 

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Soak turrets

Walk up with an artho

Proffit.

that would require a lot of soakers, my base takes up nearly all the land in the area, turrets towers are having a combo of heavies/regs/plant x Hidden purlovias at every point.....even with enough tanks, my tribe is quite big and usually has 1-2 people on all the time, and online raids are 10x harder

51 minutes ago, TheAnonymous said:

that would require a lot of soakers, my base takes up nearly all the land in the area, turrets towers are having a combo of heavies/regs/plant x Hidden purlovias at every point.....even with enough tanks, my tribe is quite big and usually has 1-2 people on all the time, and online raids are 10x harder

Look up Shockist, an ark youtuber, video called "Ark Official Small Tribes | Making THE Biggest Land Base On OFFICIAL". this was official small tribes a while back on a scorched earth server that they had totally blocked off with no other tribes living on it. I forget the exact timeline but it was wiped pretty quickly after it was finished. You very well may have more luck with bases like that on unofficial though.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Tylanater said:

Look up Shockist, an ark youtuber, video called "Ark Official Small Tribes | Making THE Biggest Land Base On OFFICIAL". this was official small tribes a while back on a scorched earth server that they had totally blocked off with no other tribes living on it. I forget the exact timeline but it was wiped pretty quickly after it was finished. You very well may have more luck with bases like that on unofficial though.

Yup. This guy would have that base down no problem: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBKsBdp5eg4LCm_mEx6WJKg

9 minutes ago, Tylanater said:

hmmm, thats on official tho, official is hella tough.

Archived