Stop abuse in ARK 2

Anabel

Let's end the abuse in the game of players who are 24/7 behind the screen and have no social life because they make money selling ARK objects and dinosaurs, (you just have to do a simple Google search to find them) these are some how many ideas to improve the experience in ARK 2, you can add your own ideas to see how you think even if wildcard passes from us.

My ideas:

1. Primitive PVP only.
2. NO damage mutations or a damage limit per mutation. (no abuse)
3. Reasonable structure limit, that you cannot own a complete server with foundations with only one tribe.
4. DO NOT download dinosaurs in Pvp. (no selling dinosaurs)
5. NO C4. (no breaking your base a single person running towards your wall)
6. NO abusive protection armor (ex: 5000 armor)
7. NO abusive parenting, that everyone has the right to grow up, not to see in a year of Ark 2 level 500 dinosaurs killing people naked on the beach, (abuse as in Ark 1 the same old story and players leave the game )
8. NO abusive turrets, it would be more interesting if the dinosaurs were defenses or plants like type X.
9. NO to advanced technology like Tek.
10. NO cryopod, this is not Pokémon. (no draining dinosaurs on base by magic)
11. Wounds and weaknesses that affect the character in a real way, for example bleeding after being hit by an arrow, which is not so easy to survive in a battle. (it must depend on your skills as a player)
12. Separate servers, for example if you play in Asia you cannot come to a European server with all your dupe to sell it for € 300.

More ideas?? 

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Entonces ... no PvP .

I don't understand why you say there is no pvp, do you need advanced technology and 3k damage dinosaurs to beat the others? Or if you are equal to the others, do you see yourself in trouble? Do you like to block the whole server with foundations just in case between a group better than you and it hits you on the ear? I don't know what idea you have of pvp, the player is measured in the face to face not in playing dirty, Ask yourself why only people come in when there's a new map, If you don't let me grow, I can't show you that I'm better than you

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, Anabel said:

I don't understand why you say there is no pvp, do you need advanced technology and 3k damage dinosaurs to beat the others? Or if you are equal to the others, do you see yourself in trouble? Do you like to block the whole server with foundations just in case between a group better than you and it hits you on the ear? I don't know what idea you have of pvp, the player is measured in the face to face not in playing dirty, Ask yourself why only people come in when there's a new map, If you don't let me grow, I can't show you that I'm better than you

So you just want PvP to be bobs running around with clubs. This is a sandbox game. Nothing will ever be "fair".

10 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

So you just want PvP to be bobs running around with clubs. This is a sandbox game. Nothing will ever be "fair".

It sounds to me like many of the OPs ideas are close to what we see from Wildcards early trailers and would promote more of a game of active base assault/defense with primitive weapons/dinosaurs than offline raiding and wiping. 

Now I know that the current state of PvP is fun for many, but unless you are in love with trying to survive in a rathole or luck into a megatribe,  Ark PvP has a reputation of being unkind for many: players grind for hours/days/weeks, and then everything gets wiped out when they are asleep.  This would naturally be frustrating for many and a good incentive to stop playing and move on to another game.   Ark 2 might be more attractive to a bigger audience if it steered away from that potential.  It can be challenging and allow for growth and advancement with investing time without being the merciless exploit-fest that it is now.

It is natural to assume that WC wants to profit as much as possible from Ark 2, and more people would likely play it if there was less potential of losing weeks worth of grinding, taming and raising when you were not logged in. 

I have been playing since the start, and I think of the early days of Ark as the most fun, the most dynamic and still challenging: but without the heartbreak of logging in to find everything gone because someone from another server bounced in with an op giga and duped tek to wipe out everyone that they could find just for kicks.  Before Ark evolved into that kind of game, it WAS PvP back then, it was not just bobs running around with clubs, it was not "fair" all the time but it was fun as hell - much more fun in my opinion than what we have now. 

If there is a shared sentiment that gets echoed in server chat and in this forum, it is about the good-old-days.  Sometimes that is just nostalgia for nostalgia's sake - and to be fair, the word "evolve" is in the game's title - and the game did evolve itself.  While I like some of the new mechanics and content, I think there have been some negative side-effects and Ark turned into a hot-mess.

Again, this is just another opinion, and it seems that everyone's first reaction is to be cynical and dismissive because it gives you a little adrenaline boost in thinking that you "got-them".  Feel free to rip this opinion to shreds as well.  I don't mind at all.

2 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

Me parece que muchas de las ideas de los OP están cerca de lo que vemos en los primeros avances de Wildcards y promoverían más un juego de asalto / defensa de bases activas con armas / dinosaurios primitivos que las incursiones y borrado fuera de línea. 

Ahora sé que el estado actual de PvP es divertido para muchos, pero a menos que estés enamorado de intentar sobrevivir en una ratonera o de tener suerte en una megatribu, Ark PvP tiene la reputación de ser cruel para muchos: los jugadores se mueven durante horas / días. / semanas, y luego todo se borra cuando duermen. Esto, naturalmente, sería frustrante para muchos y un buen incentivo para dejar de jugar y pasar a otro juego. Ark 2 podría ser más atractivo para una audiencia más grande si se alejara de ese potencial. Puede ser un desafío y permitir el crecimiento y el avance con la inversión de tiempo sin ser el despiadado festival de explotación que es ahora.

Es natural suponer que WC quiere sacar el mayor provecho posible de Ark 2, y es probable que más personas lo jueguen si hubiera menos posibilidades de perder semanas de molienda, domesticación y crianza cuando no estuviera conectado. 

He estado jugando desde el principio, y creo que los primeros días de Ark fueron los más divertidos, los más dinámicos y aún desafiantes: pero sin la angustia de iniciar sesión para descubrir que todo desapareció porque alguien de otro servidor saltó con una operación. giga y tek engañado para acabar con todos los que pudieron encontrar solo por diversión. Antes de que Ark evolucionara a ese tipo de juego, ERA PvP en ese entonces, no solo se trataba de bobs corriendo con palos, no era "justo" todo el tiempo, sino que era divertido como el infierno, mucho más divertido en mi opinión que lo que nosotros ten ahora. 

Si hay un sentimiento compartido que se repite en el chat del servidor y en este foro, se trata de los buenos tiempos. A veces eso es solo nostalgia por nostalgia, y para ser justos, la palabra "evolucionar" está en el título del juego, y el juego sí evolucionó. Si bien me gustan algunas de las nuevas mecánicas y contenido, creo que ha habido algunos efectos secundarios negativos y Ark se convirtió en un desastre.

Nuevamente, esta es solo otra opinión, y parece que la primera reacción de todos es ser cínicos y despectivos porque te da un pequeño impulso de adrenalina al pensar que los "obtuviste". Siéntase libre de hacer trizas esta opinión también. No me importa en absoluto.

You're Right 👍💯

12 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Así que solo quieres que PvP sea bobs corriendo con palos. Este es un juego de caja de arena. Nada será "justo".

Crossbows, axes, throwing weapons, bows, cannons, catapults, poison bombs, dinosaurs, plants with defensive functions, flying dinosaurs, aquatic dinosaurs, different types of traps, primitive firearms, swords, shields, spears, and much more to defend yourself, there are miles of primitive weapons.

Currently in the official you cannot grow if you do not belong to the alliance of the alpha or you are the alpha, and whoever says otherwise has not played in PvP, you play all day, you go to work and a dinosaur with level 491 you has deleted the progress of hours and hours of game, there is no longer pvp in the official, they are always the same and the same alliances blocking all new players, that's why Ark had millions of players and now a few.

Hace 35 minutos, Joebl0w13 dijo:

Incluso con la leve recesión últimamente, la base de jugadores es aproximadamente la misma que cuando comenzó:

https://steamcharts.com/app/346110

No, no hay los mismos jugadores, no, no tiene tantos jugadores activos como antes 

Edit: If there are players now it is by genesis2

Yeah - the numbers for Ark players have been consistent.  The thing I wonder about, and this is complete speculation, is how much better would the numbers be if exploits, cheating and trolling were not rampant on official PvP and PvE servers.  Ark's reviews are not stellar across the boards, and many have pointed to the instability of the servers, the toxic player-base and the prevalence of cheating/exploits.  Were these not issues, I would imagine that it would have better reviews, more sales and more players.  Again, only speculation.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, maxplanck58 said:

Yeah - the numbers for Ark players have been consistent.  The thing I wonder about, and this is complete speculation, is how much better would the numbers be if exploits, cheating and trolling were not rampant on official PvP and PvE servers.  Ark's reviews are not stellar across the boards, and many have pointed to the instability of the servers, the toxic player-base and the prevalence of cheating/exploits.  Were these not issues, I would imagine that it would have better reviews, more sales and more players.  Again, only speculation.

I agree. I bet the numbers would be better.

• 1 month later...

structures need to be a lot LOT stronger and explosives need to be A LOT LOOOOOOOT more expensive. raiding needs to be actually expensive or you can expect the exact sort of mess Ark is currently in. Rust actually does explosives right, they take a hell of a lot to craft, and raiding well built bases is a lot more expensive and risky than in ark. 

Archived