items disappearing in inventory?

Sativa420

Hello fellow survivors!

I've had an odd situation happen the last 2 days. I've lost items that I placed in my inventory. The first happened yesterday while building. I placed more tek items in my inventory to build and when I opened my inv not 10 seconds later they were not there nor in the vault I took them from. I did NOT drop them or anything like that.

The second happened only moments ago which prompted this post. I removed my tek suit from my personal vault and placed it in my inv as I was going to move a few heavy things and needed my tek pants. When I opened my inv to put them on they were NOT there. Again only a few seconds from placing them in inv to opening inv and they were gone.

again I didn't drop them or anything. No bags nothing. This is really annoying since nothing ever gets replaced if it's gone in Ark.. 

This is more of a heads up that there is a problem whether it's limited is unknown to me at this time but it's happened to me twice in 2 days.

• Sativa420 changed the title to items disappearing in inventory?

Sometimes I notice the same thing, been a long time since Ive seen it in my own personal inventory but recently its the same with the transmitter. The way I can find the items I put in the transmitter is by typing in the search bar for the item then it magically appears. Also sometimes when I am building I forget that I put lets say walls in my hotbar, then I go to grab more walls and I am like where TF did they go only to realize a bit later they are in my hotbar.

It sounds like its not likely these are the same issues you are experiencing but I figured I would mention just in case.

• 4 weeks later...

My sister has had the same problem last couple of days. Sha has lost allmost all artifacts she had collected. No other items. She also dies immediatly when logging in. First time she find all other items on her dead body, but artifacts are gone. Second time they dissapear fron the vault,  just like thread starter here explained. 
Hope they fix this bug soon.

3 hours ago, Cerise85 said:

My sister has had the same problem last couple of days. Sha has lost allmost all artifacts she had collected. No other items. She also dies immediatly when logging in. First time she find all other items on her dead body, but artifacts are gone. Second time they dissapear fron the vault,  just like thread starter here explained. 
Hope they fix this bug soon.

Feels like this might be 2 separate issues.  One thing that can occur is you have things in your inventory, but they stop showing - but they are still there.  DUmping inventory can usually turn them up.  I find htis happens alot when I'm transfering stuff.  I can tell the items are still on me by keeping a close eye on my overall weight on character.

The dying immediately upon logging in - that's something else.  THat's your character for some reason goes under the mesh on a server crash/restart and then when you login, you are dead, you then see your beacon and it's in the ground.  Your inventory is unreachable.   These are definitely 2 different issues if I'm reading these stories accurately.

19 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Feels like this might be 2 separate issues.  One thing that can occur is you have things in your inventory, but they stop showing - but they are still there.  DUmping inventory can usually turn them up.  I find htis happens alot when I'm transfering stuff.  I can tell the items are still on me by keeping a close eye on my overall weight on character.

I was about to tell that also, with transfering dust I have that alot when transfering large numbers. But I think there actually a lot of different things happening on this topic. Im not sure OP is talking about Tek suit, or the Gen2 skin. Because Ive had an occasion I lost the skin from Gen2 for whatever reason when transfering it into my inventory also. Didnt put much tought into it because they are easily replaced. So maybe related...
But also when im wearing the Gen2 skin on AB radiation zone, it randomly gets powered by element even though i didnt put element in it. The Gen2 skin is glitchy maybe...

"Losing" stuff without transfering seems to me another issue.
I can also point out that there is a glitch if you unequip or equip armor really fast, it for whatever reason drops to the ground from the character. Maybe this is related to what happened to OP, maybe its also when transfering it out of a vault really fast, it drops to the ground. And I think you cant see stuff appear when you drop it from vault, because the "point of drop" is inside the vault. Going to test this out right now :)
Edit: It popcorns from top, but if this did happen he might have missed it...

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, lollipop said:

I just lost everything that was in my inventory today due to a 2 hour rollback. I am not very happy because I was just given a unicorn chibi , a pair o lvl 230 male and female unicorns, and some other really nice gear. Not happy at all.

those items are back to the person who gave them to you

Archived