Arksplorer (server ArkViewer data visualiser)

MisterB

Hi everyone!

So I play on a friendly PVE server (Wiredcat), and for some time, we have been using a little utility that we wrote for that server to help locate dinos/etc. - a bit like ArkViewers front end, and I think there is another tool or 2 out there but I haven't ever used them. However, this tool has no actual access to save game data etc. as that sits on the server. Players can't get to server files!

Technically, the ark server uses the amazing ArkViewer to extract save game data, and then goes on to publish it via a web page for users to access, and help them find dinos, both tame and wild. The web page variant is very much raw data in text form. Data gets updated every 40-50 minutes. Arksplorer pulls down the servers extracted data and gives our server players an interface overlaying dinos on maps, letting you find wild and tame dinos, players, etc. - even hunting down dinos by colour :) Great for events!

We also have embedded browsers in Arksplorer, including Ark Wikipedia, Dododex and Arkbuddy, along with YouTube, to keep ark related fun and games within a single interface, for those who like that kind of thing. Arksplorer also links into Ark Wikipedia and Dododex to auto find and fill things (e.g. selected dino has its level etc. passed to Dododex for taming information). There are even alarms to help remind you to do something.

Arksplorer only works with the collaboration of a server owner (as the server has to be set up to include extraction of save game data, then processing and hosting it on a web site somewhere for the front end to be able to get to the data). So it might not be for you, but we wanted to offer it out to anyone interested to try, give us some feed back and see if it's of interest for your end users to use!

Source code is all on github, and its all free. Written in .net core + c#

https://github.com/ITheP/Arksplorer/

Current version can be found https://github.com/ITheP/Arksplorer/releases/download/v1.6.1/Arksplorer.v1.6.1.zip #

We even have a Facebook page with 12 followers :) Hah!

Information on how we set this up to work with a server can be found at https://github.com/ITheP/Arksplorer/tree/main/Arksplorer/Server Setup

There are a few steps, though checking it right this second, it looks like the information we have there has just become a bit out of date, but it should give you an idea of what's what. We will update shortly soon as we can (this is a for fun free project).

This post is to see if there is interest elsewhere in using this. We use it very successfully on the server we play on, and people who are able to use it give it a big thumbs up.

If you are interested, we can give you a hand in setting things up and giving it a try. We would love to spread it wider than just the 1 server!

Some screenshots included for some examples (excuse low resolution bad images)...

Main browsing experience, with map, locations, and highlighting of dino level and sex on map (when you know how it works :) )

ark1_resize.jpg.15199ec0f729d6ecdf74ea40608e5ba9.jpg

Hunting featherlights on Aberation (showing colours)

ark2.jpg.2cfc3e9b428a6fb4c16a01b72b0de374.jpg

Hunting the reddest featherlight we can find in the list

ark3.jpg.e6b72447f6cfff7c383412cd541449f0.jpg

ark5.thumb.jpg.9fad09766a1e69e9399cd759cbbdb690.jpgLinking through to dododex

Setting a timer to remind me to go and feed something i'm raising (flashes and plays a sound when timer runs out)

ark6.jpg.79ac6be8ee7dd989abb0ef9212ea87b0.jpg

Archived