The New Dedicated Storage Mechanics

SinergyX

On 9/17/2021 at 11:30 AM, Kizmiaz said:

i don't get why they removed the T option, popcorn O got disabled and Take All ignores weight limit. OK. But why remove T ?

Now T goes from your inventory to the dedi = same server load as the other way around.

BS.

T go to replicator, to dedi go E. If you need to spam O you can use tame.

There is still stack option on dedi + 1, 5, 10, 100 items and ofc all.

Players on gen 2 have advantage to use tek armor for free (no need element) to move items from dedi.

But overall is good change. 

Finaly I've been able to test if for myself.
Did not notice any improvement on server behaviour but ok, it is not busy yet.

In general I think the reasoning behind it was not bad but the execution is not great:

• Buttons for only 1, 5 or 10 items should be changed to 1*K* 5*K* or 10*K*
  • While the counter on the outside is good for own use, it should not be visible to everyone. Realy, this should not have be done this way!
  • Before maxing out at double weight was not too bad, just put back a few stacks and ready. Now you are blackbarred, putting back "just a few stacks" is a big pain in the backdoor! The workaround was using other storage to measure 15, 45, 60 or 75 stacks for the light items but I can imagine excisting bases do not offer the space to set up "measuring stations" for every dedi box.

Have been following this discussion and am honestly surprised they did not adjust the buttons, by now the idea is not new.
My suggestions:

1. Increase the vallue of the buttons by 100x or 1000x
  2. Make the counter only visible for owner. If that is too complicated, remove and make it visible again in the inventory and there alone.

7 hours ago, MMaas said:
  1. Increase the vallue of the buttons by 100x or 1000x

Yea, I'd vote for this one. It's pretty rare I wanna withdraw 10 of an item, and if I do it's easy to take out a whole stack and put the rest back.

I'd also prefer the option to withdraw X number of stacks, ignoring the weight limit as well, instead of the transfer all thing.

• Guest changed the title to dedi box
1 hour ago, zero064 said:

Yea, I'd vote for this one. It's pretty rare I wanna withdraw 10 of an item, and if I do it's easy to take out a whole stack and put the rest back.

I'd also prefer the option to withdraw X number of stacks, ignoring the weight limit as well, instead of the transfer all thing.

I've posted it in the sugestions forum, you can vote there ;)

on xbox I cant figured out how to transfer just one stack from dedicated storage.  

Only transfer all works and it transfer to max items in inventory, after that I cant move if I dont wear a tek suit... on xbox it ignores weight limit so i can transfer 87300 metal at once.

update :  was so used to only look at the inventory pane I did not pay attention to the structure window.  There is a button to withdraw only one stack

On 9/16/2021 at 4:10 AM, Entenkiller said:

My goodness, you always have something to complain about!
Life means constant change. We have to constantly adapt to new conditions. What should the English say after Brexit? 50% of them didn't even want him!
And you complain about a changed box ...

I find the changes practical and well thought out. As a frequent player and traveler between the ARK, it helps me tremendously in handling my resources.

Well done WC!

Transfer all to max items can be useful to move large amount of resource around but we need a way to transfer stack by stack.  Filling up the forge with metal at once was nice until I needed to get gas and the only way to get it was to move it all to inventory when i only needed one stack. 

Does some knows a way to get a single stack from tek storage on xbox?

Ok I figured it out, there is a withdraw stack option that will withdraw 1 stack in the structure window.

today, for me at least. there was an update to Ark, the core game, Genesis, and Extinction. after the update it took 2+ hours for  the session list to start showing servers again. after i finally get back in game i notice something that is extremely wrong. the dedi-boxes. i go to withdraw a stack from them and it says "inventory limit reached." i have tried making new boxes and depositing a variety of different things into them just to have it tell me the same thing when i try to take out a stack. the only way that i can withdraw from the dedi-box is to use LB to withdraw as much as it will let me. then here is another problem. the dedi-box seems to max out unlike previously.  after reading the patch notes i do understand that they did make some changes to the dedi-boxes.  at the same time, i think they broke them. is there anyone that is able to shed some light on this situation for me?

6 hours ago, Herbapou said:

on xbox I cant figured out how to transfer just one stack from dedicated storage.  

Only transfer all works and it transfer to max items in inventory, after that I cant move if I dont wear a tek suit... on xbox it ignores weight limit so i can transfer 87300 metal at once.

update :  was so used to only look at the inventory pane I did not pay attention to the structure window.  There is a button to withdraw only one stack

Re: your edit: lol this had me so confused because I have been using the radial menu on XBox since I got my first dedi boxes (admittedly just a few months ago), so at first I was confused about your pre-edit post. 

On 9/28/2021 at 7:35 AM, hazelroberts said:

who's stupid idea was it to make dedicated storage useless, like today i went to get 10 stacks of cement paste but i find i can only withdraw 1 - 5 or 10 at a time not 10 stacks shouldn't that be 1-5 or 10 stacks at a time

so far, the 1/5/10 increments is useful for gasoline in game, but nothing else.

13 hours ago, DeusEbrius said:

I need 15,000 ingots for a blue print.

Not 567 because of weight cap at 600wt.

Not 300,000 which is in my Dedi..

The only solution I’m left with is a vault farm for high use and weight materials. Think dedi storage caused lag, weight until people figure out they can just use vaults and IFs. 

this entire overhaul / nerf / fix or whatchamightcallit is just blowing sand into our eyes. no more popping out stacks from the dedi to reduce server load - right.

grab akk from dedi, pop out the amount you need, get the rest back into dedi and use your whip on the file in front of you. that's 2 mouseclicks or key strokes more than it was before and the stack splitting is done on your machine. great increase of server performance since it still needs to render/locate the stacks on the floor.

nice job WC

15 hours ago, DeusEbrius said:

I need 15,000 ingots for a blue print.

Not 567 because of weight cap at 600wt.

Not 300,000 which is in my Dedi..

The only solution I’m left with is a vault farm for high use and weight materials. Think dedi storage caused lag, weight until people figure out they can just use vaults and IFs. 

You go to tek dedi storage, take all til item cap (300 avatar inventory  cap) walk to replicator using tek armor, open replicator by pressing F, now you use T on your inventory to transfer desired amount then walk back to dedi and deposit rest.

Is not hard, just try it.

9 hours ago, Noa said:

You go to tek dedi storage, take all til item cap (300 avatar inventory  cap) walk to replicator using tek armor, open replicator by pressing F, now you use T on your inventory to transfer desired amount then walk back to dedi and deposit rest.

Is not hard, just try it.

Is it as hard as removing the condescension from your reply? I am on console, your instructions are as useless as the rest of your reply. You may have also missed that there were zero question marks in my post, I was not asking for anything.

BTW the reply ahead of you gave the same instructions..

5 hours ago, DeusEbrius said:

BTW the reply ahead of you gave the same instructions..

Ahead of reply ..hmm..... i posted  It on September 24 in this thread but nobody care to read except just last two posts or so lol.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:44 AM, Noa said:

T go to replicator, to dedi go E. If you need to spam O you can use tame.

There is still stack option on dedi + 1, 5, 10, 100 items and ofc all.

Players on gen 2 have advantage to use tek armor for free (no need element) to move items from dedi.

But overall is good change. 

Ah and is posted in ARK - General Discussion, so  if you want mobile specific you need to go to appropriate section

I see now not only that there were zero question marks but reading it again i realize there was no exclamation marks about mobile or console too.

Its  just a no obligation whining message  with remark that you think that dedi cause lag and need some weight.

Weight  - "Think dedi storage caused lag, weight until people figure out they can just use vaults and IFs. "

Sure the best solution would be to remove players instead dedi function to solve lag problems, we all know that but is not desirable solution.

on xbox, tried it out a bit ago and am kinda meh on it.....I used to pull, toss, pull, toss, then move on for the heavy things, or just pull stacks at a time for light.
Now I gotta pull, toss just enough, then put it all back for heavy AND light stuff.

If they wanted to do something amazing, they could have just linked the boxs to the tek fab.....No slot caps, no moving items, just a direct link.....Like what they did with the stryders, expect with more storage box's links.

After the Dedicated Tek Storage changes, I would like to know how I can throw the items on the ground so I can get a larger amount with the whip. Before the changes I used the "O" to drop the items on the ground and then I used the whip to catch them... but now it's not possible. It's horrible! How to do this now?

They could once again be able to use the "O" to throw the items on the ground, or put an option to enter the amount to be extracted from the tek storage.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since the last update on the 09/28/21 i have been having issues with the tek dedicated storage, i have only been able to store 180 stacks of any item rather than before hand it was 1800 stacks of any item, i had restarted my server since the last update Ark did ant it destroyed a lot of the players resources that were on my server, Does anyone know if this is a permanent thing or if this is some sort of bug??? 

We are still having issues with modded stack sizes not being counted in the dedi boxes. If we wanted to play official settings then we would play official. Our cluster stack size is 5k-15k depending on resource. When I click on withdrawal stack it should be exactly that(5k -15k). Not 100 because that is what official settings are. Also having a dedi hold official quantities X 1800 is crap. I have some dedicated storage that hold 9 million of a resource pre patch, that now only fit 180k. 

Archived