The New Dedicated Storage Mechanics

SinergyX

No idea if our server is more happy now, but missing the hold T on the item in the inventory is kinda a big miss.

Normaly when i need like 100-150k fiber for stuff to craft, i open inventory, hold T on the item and let it go for like 4 mins. The only options i see now is either spam E while facing the Dedi (on withdraw mode), or open inventory and spamclick the withdraw stack button. Both seem considerable slower then the used hold-T, and unless i start using a clicky macro wont really work towards the lifespawn of my mouse (100k takes ~300 clicks).

Sure, transfer all might be funny, but needing say only 30k chitin from a 180k dedi.. bit overkill, besides it goes straight into slot limitation (and you cant use T to transfer items back into the dedi either - edit, that was a odd one on fiber, since i do manage to transfer CP back into the dedi using T).

Anyone found a easy workaround yet?

• SinergyX changed the title to The new dedi mechanics

dedicate box now ignore stack overdrive server setings  
dedicate box now dont show how much stacks is inside storage 0/1800 show full dedicate box.

if is problem with old dedicate boxes add abbility how much ammount matherial i take from dedi box. or add replicator ability take matherial directly from dedicate boxes.

this is not good update.

With every update like this i think that Wildcard dowsn't play their own game!
I don't had any problem on any Server with the old Dedi System! Oo

Or do they think that this will help that a BAD Server Cluster with Gen2 Maps has a better performance?
Everytime the SAME Servers are Crashing at the SAME time!

I don't see any sense in this decision!

For me now the Dedis are useless now.... ok then back to my Wall of Safes ....😭

I found another flaw.

Because you cant do T-transfer, the button Withdraw stack and the E-radial withdraw only will take stacks untill your weight limit, not overburden yourself. Basicly you just lost half the carry capicity from taking out stuff of a dedi. (unlike vaults and alike, where you can go up to double your max weight).

these changes to the dedi storages shows that they don't play their game and is a prove that something like QA, which they always claim to have, simply doesn't exist. I have to admit though that filling forges now is done in two clicks. But other than that these changes are beyond annoying.  And i seriously doubt that it will contribute to increase server stability / performance since it even is more access to the database due to transfering back the amounts of resources you don''t want in your inventory.

Not thought through and simply lame, Wildcard style.

1 minute ago, GrumpyBear said:

a withdraw 50 stacks at a time ignoring the weight limit  would have been better.  Something like the added button for grinding stacks in grinder would have been more preferable to just dump all till black weight. 

a simple interface where i can enter an amount to withdraw would have been nice but I guess the devs empty their bank account first when they want to withdraw $20.

way to go.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to The New Dedicated Storage Mechanics
14 hours ago, Cirnelle said:

With every update like this i think that Wildcard dowsn't play their own game!
I don't had any problem on any Server with the old Dedi System! Oo

Or do they think that this will help that a BAD Server Cluster with Gen2 Maps has a better performance?
Everytime the SAME Servers are Crashing at the SAME time!

I don't see any sense in this decision!

For me now the Dedis are useless now.... ok then back to my Wall of Safes ....😭

You must play on 934/935 or 936 gen 2...

22 hours ago, SinergyX said:

No idea if our server is more happy now, but missing the hold T on the item in the inventory is kinda a big miss.

Normaly when i need like 100-150k fiber for stuff to craft, i open inventory, hold T on the item and let it go for like 4 mins. The only options i see now is either spam E while facing the Dedi (on withdraw mode), or open inventory and spamclick the withdraw stack button. Both seem considerable slower then the used hold-T, and unless i start using a clicky macro wont really work towards the lifespawn of my mouse (100k takes ~300 clicks).

Sure, transfer all might be funny, but needing say only 30k chitin from a 180k dedi.. bit overkill, besides it goes straight into slot limitation (and you cant use T to transfer items back into the dedi either - edit, that was a odd one on fiber, since i do manage to transfer CP back into the dedi using T).

Anyone found a easy workaround yet?

Im on xbox, but I still have the same problem.....pull trigger to withdraw stack......I might set up the dedi's to withdraw items, but to put things in Ill go into inventory mode, and hit the transfer all in order to dump stuff off.
If they wanted to update it, maybe they could add an amount that you could pull all at once, kind of like they have the ability to craft things in increments of 5? Maybe they could add the ability to withdraw 5 stacks?

My goodness, you always have something to complain about!
Life means constant change. We have to constantly adapt to new conditions. What should the English say after Brexit? 50% of them didn't even want him!
And you complain about a changed box ...

I find the changes practical and well thought out. As a frequent player and traveler between the ARK, it helps me tremendously in handling my resources.

Well done WC!

On 9/15/2021 at 11:09 AM, SinergyX said:

... and unless i start using a clicky macro wont really work towards the lifespawn of my mouse (100k takes ~300 clicks).

I still can't build dedi storage so I'm not affected, but I use clicky macros for the left mouse key and for the use key, that's good for my mouse and my fingers.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:10 AM, Entenkiller said:

My goodness, you always have something to complain about!
Life means constant change. We have to constantly adapt to new conditions. What should the English say after Brexit? 50% of them didn't even want him!
And you complain about a changed box ...

Because im not English.. Duh

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

18 hours ago, wzm said:

Hi, how could you do that? I can't deposit to my dedi box if it reaches the slot limit for stacksize =1 (540K metal).

If you were on an unofficial server, you stack could be many times that... say every metal stack on my server has 900 pieces, so with 1800 slots I could have 1million and 620k. Now with the update, say i had 700k... i can't add to it anymore and everything i withdraw, if it is still above 540k I can put back.  

Ugh wildcard has almost completely ruined dedi boxes, those withdraw 1, 5, and 10 options don't withdraw stacks they just withdraw 1, 5 and 10. As in if I click withdraw 10 on a dedi box with metal in it, it only withdraws 10 metal, how stupid is that! Those withdraw buttons NEED to withdraw entire stacks of 1, 5, and 10 otherwise they're useless. Now I can't withdraw even 2 stacks of metal at a time as it bases it on my character's weight, which is at 400. You broke the dedi boxes Wildcard, now fix them! Sure there's the transfer all button, but many of us don't want to transfer the massive amount of resources that we could have inside our boxes when we only need some of it. Also I think there should be a "Withdraw X amount of stacks" button, so we can type in a number and withdraw exactly how many stacks we want from the box at once.

Meh, I'll trust WC when they say there was a good reason in the back end to do it. 

My only request is to have T still withdraw a stack at a time, or have a way to specify the number of stacks I'm withdrawing. I don't find the transfer all button to be of much help, as it makes for a lot of clicking if I just need 10 or 20 stacks of something.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:32 PM, Dvulture said:

If you were on an unofficial server, you stack could be many times that... say every metal stack on my server has 900 pieces, so with 1800 slots I could have 1million and 620k. Now with the update, say i had 700k... i can't add to it anymore and everything i withdraw, if it is still above 540k I can put back.  

my screenshot was from official forgot to add that to my post i keep forgetting

Thank you for the great changes!
So I would like to make my express satisfaction and agreement with the changes to the Tek boxes clear.

It has never been SO EASY to work with the Tek boxes.
In the past, spawning items from the Tek boxes and collecting them with the whip was incredibly annoying and cumbersome!
Now I can move or send entire Tek boxes of content with two or three clicks.

I don't know why most people are still upset about it?
I see the changes to the handle with the Tek boxes as one of the best improvements to the game in a long time.

Therefore - everything done right Wilscard!

5 hours ago, Entenkiller said:

Thank you for the great changes!
So I would like to make my express satisfaction and agreement with the changes to the Tek boxes clear.

It has never been SO EASY to work with the Tek boxes.
In the past, spawning items from the Tek boxes and collecting them with the whip was incredibly annoying and cumbersome!
Now I can move or send entire Tek boxes of content with two or three clicks.

I don't know why most people are still upset about it?
I see the changes to the handle with the Tek boxes as one of the best improvements to the game in a long time.

Therefore - everything done right Wilscard!

Yea, some parts of it do work well. The problem I have is when I want to withdraw say 20 stacks from three different boxes (like you would to craft a few stone foundations, for example). Hitting transfer all on a stone dedi fills your inventory, so you end up having to transfer a bunch of items back into the box to make room for wood and thatch.

I've figured out workarounds to do everything (and I've worked out a system to craft huge quantities of stone building parts), but I'd still really like a simple way to withdraw 10 or 20 stacks at a time.

• Guest changed the title to dedi box

Archived