Helm for Rafts

RG2021

Suggestion

We need helm part for rafts and motorboats! I’m a shipbuilder on console and every time I make a ship it looks awful because of the camera view. I have to either make it really short height-wise, or I have to build the superstructure around the 3rd Person Camera, during which it always looks the same, and it looks dreadful. So PLEASE, PLEASE add a helm! It can’t be that hard! We already have the raft driving mechanic, so if we just have a first-person-view part that we can put somewhere on our ships (most likely in the “cockpit”) to control it. That way we can have a zero compromise build. PLEAAASSEE!!!!

1 reply to this server topic

Good suggestion!
This is also on my ark wishlist!!!
There's some mod rafts that let you zoom the 3rd person camera out much further, but that's still not exactly what we want. I'd like this for vanilla ark too.
Like a wooden variant that's a ship helm wheel. Can place it anywhere on a raft (including on the structures anchored to a raft).
The wheel itself might still block 1st person view though, so maybe offset the view to the left or right of the wheel, as captains usually stand. One side might be slightly obscured, but as long as we have a view forward it should be good enough. It would be cool to lean left or right, but we can live without that if its too much to ask.
Also maybe a metal-tier or tek variant of the helm for modern ships. Smaller wheel with a button console beside it kind of thing.

Archived