Alpha Broodmother Questions

NJC16YT

3 hours ago, NJC16YT said:

I want to fight the alpha Broodmother on my solo world and i plan to use megatheriums, but i have no idea what stats they need to have to do the fight, people are saying 1k damage with 30-40k health with some kind of better saddle, and a yuty for me to ride to courage boost them. Can you guys hellp me 

they are giveing you some solid advice....the broodmother has gotten a buff lately. We used to be able to do it with megatheriums with 20k health and 500%.

So here is the deal, as best  as I can describe.....You wanna go out and find a couple high level megatheriums, take them home and breed them till you have the highest health AND melee numbers in a male and female baby. Once you have one in both a male and female, start breeding those untill you have your army....Go out on them one at a time, and start killing things, popping notes, just leveling up in general. I would aim for 25k health, but you have got to have 800 melee minimum.
Once you get that 800 melee, maybe more health, maybe more melle, choice is yours.

I would also get a yuty and a deadon.....the yuty will boost the stats of the megatheriums with its curage roar, and the deadon will heal them as they fight untill the deadon's food stat has depleated.

As for saddles, you can find blueprints in supply drops, cave loot crates, and even fishing. these blueprints can be crafted to give your dino's better protection, and if you do a mind wipe right before creating them and put all of your stat points into crafting, you can make better items than what the blueprint says it will be.

15 hours ago, wizard03 said:

they are giveing you some solid advice....the broodmother has gotten a buff lately. We used to be able to do it with megatheriums with 20k health and 500%.

So here is the deal, as best  as I can describe.....You wanna go out and find a couple high level megatheriums, take them home and breed them till you have the highest health AND melee numbers in a male and female baby. Once you have one in both a male and female, start breeding those untill you have your army....Go out on them one at a time, and start killing things, popping notes, just leveling up in general. I would aim for 25k health, but you have got to have 800 melee minimum.
Once you get that 800 melee, maybe more health, maybe more melle, choice is yours.

I would also get a yuty and a deadon.....the yuty will boost the stats of the megatheriums with its curage roar, and the deadon will heal them as they fight untill the deadon's food stat has depleated.

As for saddles, you can find blueprints in supply drops, cave loot crates, and even fishing. these blueprints can be crafted to give your dino's better protection, and if you do a mind wipe right before creating them and put all of your stat points into crafting, you can make better items than what the blueprint says it will be.

Will I need a yuty when using rexes with 130k health and 2k melee for alpha broodmother? Or will they melt her without issues? Official server. Saddles 98 armor.

With 130k health and 2k melee I doubt you would need a Yuty with that kind of specialized rex.  Since you're not using the damage bonus the yuty brings to the table you will simply take more damage due to the extra time it takes.

Have a mix of males and females so you get that buff at least and decent saddles 90+.

38 minutes ago, trebersl said:

With 130k health and 2k melee I doubt you would need a Yuty with that kind of specialized rex.  Since you're not using the damage bonus the yuty brings to the table you will simply take more damage due to the extra time it takes.

Have a mix of males and females so you get that buff at least and decent saddles 90+.

I have a 98 armor saddle bp. Would I lose any of those rexes in the Alpha Broodmother fight without yuty? 

1 hour ago, AdligerAdler said:

I have a 98 armor saddle bp. Would I lose any of those rexes in the Alpha Broodmother fight without yuty? 

I will always recommend a yuty for any boss because the buff does so much for your team.  Even if you only have a mid-tier yuty... just stand back and keep screeming.  Move when you need to and stay alive.  BUT, having said that, yes, I think your team could take the alpha spider without a yuty if you go that route.  And yes, you might lose some if they get stuck up front and take the brunt of the damage.  Just remember to hop off at the end to collect saddles from any baggies they leave behind on the ground.

No comparison to sloths, but I some weeks ago tried with Rex's and a Yutty and a Pig. Rex's were on average 23k health, and around 500% melee. Saddle was high 90's (don't remember exactly). I got wasted by the Alpha Broodmother with her having between 1/2 and 1/4 of health bar left.

With this bunch, Gamma was well OK.

23 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

Will I need a yuty when using rexes with 130k health and 2k melee for alpha broodmother? Or will they melt her without issues? Official server. Saddles 98 armor.

A yuty never hurts, yeah your stats are way over kill, but a yuty will practically double the firepower you bring to the fight. Its allways worth it.

21 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

if you decide to do it without a yuty, you will not loose any dino's, but the fight will take longer and it will cause more damage to the rexs. It might be minimul, but it will still be noticeable

Archived