Imprint interval halved?

iKore

I've noticed that during the current Evolution Event, the interval between imprints have been halved. Is this something new? I've never seen it before. (But I'm only playing for a month and a half after a break of more than a year, so I might have missed a few.)

And if this is more common, how often does this approximately happen?

5 minutes ago, Thekuervito said:

2X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, imprint, and maturation)🤔

2X imprint implies (at least to me) that when imprinting, you gain twice the the imprint bonus (which also is the case). But the interval between imprints is also halved so right now you basically get 4x the imprints you  normally get in the same amount of time (whereas the maturation is only 2x as fast). I'm definitely not complaining, but can't recall every seeing this before.

• Volunteer Moderator

The current live rates include the following:

MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.5
BabyImprintAmountMultiplier=2.0

Meaning that not only the timer is halved to 4 hours, but the amount you get is doubled. This allows you to imprint creatures that take less than 8 hours to fully mature. For example, Dodos take ~15½ hours to mature, meaning they take less than 8 hours to mature when breeding is 2x and wouldn't be able to be imprinted at all if timers were not halved, etc.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

This allows you to imprint creatures that take less than 8 hours to fully mature. For example, Dodos take ~15½ hours to mature, meaning they take less than 8 hours to mature when breeding is 2x and wouldn't be able to be imprinted at all if timers were not halved, etc.

Alright that makes sense. Though IIRC this wasn't the case with the 2X breeding last time (last week? Or the week before that).

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

The current live rates include the following:

Is that .ini file the .ini file used by the official servers? (i.e. does that always represent the actual rates?) That's really handy to keep bookmarked. :)

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, iKore said:

Alright that makes sense. Though IIRC this wasn't the case with the 2X breeding last time (last week? Or the week before that).

No idea. I haven"t played for a good minute so I really couldn't tell. Maybe it was forgotten.

8 hours ago, iKore said:

Is that .ini file the .ini file used by the official servers? (i.e. does that always represent the actual rates?) That's really handy to keep bookmarked. :)

Yes, it is. Official servers (or unofficials that use dynamic config with default url) periodically pull the rates from that link.

Most helpfull to me for actual events and rates:
https://www.dododex.com/rates
The history shows that not all EVO events are the same, no idea why the format is not consistent.

Just enjoy it as it comes, keep in mind that the imprint rates trigger after the first imprint during the event. For example: If you just imprinted before start of event you'll have the 8 hrs on the timer.

Archived