Jump to content

BRING BACK X2 breeding weekends


Recommended Posts

No thanks. I prefer it to be a nice bonus. Some pleasant surprise when you wake up/something nice to look forward to. There are non-official servers out there with default multipliers if you like it that way. I don't want to run through things to do too quickly.

But you're in luck. There is one going on right now. :)

Edited by iKore
  • Facepalm 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's ludicrous how long it takes to raise creatures even during breeding events. You'd have to be unemployed and or have no life to be able to raise even with rates increased so I'd happily see the breeding time massively increase well beyond evo rates. X 10 is still too long for those of us who have jobs families and responsibilities outside of our 21st centuries tamagotchi 

Edited by Hurebhsdyrgsg
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole breeding thing should be accelerated, x2 all the time!

As it is now you have to login many times per day if you want to raise babies, you have to align your daytime routine at ARK. A game should not dominate a players daytime routine!

I have times when I have much fun playing ARK and then I play often 8, 10 or more hours per day. But I have other times where I only login up and then. I tried to raise babies in such "low motivation" times like now, but most of my babies are starving because I do not login every two hours over the whole day ... and then they starve.

My conclusion: I will no longer try to raise babies outside of events, too much pressure, too much starving.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iKore said:

No thanks. I prefer it to be a nice bonus. Some pleasant surprise when you wake up/something nice to look forward to. There are non-official servers out there with default multipliers if you like it that way. I don't want to run through things to do too quickly.

But you're in luck. There is one going on right now. :)

Pretty sure even if every weekend from now on was a 2X event, breeding would still be so time-consuming that people wouldn’t be mastering it and having mega-mutated super tames right away. These mini-events help people who 1) play on official and 2) have a life outside the game but still want to progress at a reasonable rate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Donk67 said:

I'd like to see x2 breeding added to the weekends, we get x2 collecting resources from time to time but breeding and maturation should be added as a bonus, for everyone and  all of  us dedicated players who play every day........ Who is with me? Show your support.

Funny to see this complaint in a weekend that has 2x breeding ;)
In all fairness, 2x harvesting helps me more to feed babies than 2x breeding alone!

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doomette said:

Pretty sure even if every weekend from now on was a 2X event, breeding would still be so time-consuming that people wouldn’t be mastering it and having mega-mutated super tames right away. These mini-events help people who 1) play on official and 2) have a life outside the game but still want to progress at a reasonable rate. 

I'm not saying that it should be removed entirely. I very much like those events myself.

And I'd be fine with rebalancing the breeding times. But I also like the element of being surprised with something extra every now and then.

Edited by iKore
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, iKore said:

I'm not saying that it should be removed entirely. I very much like those events myself.

And I'd be fine with rebalancing the breeding times. But I also like the element of being surprised with something extra every now and then.

I vote for surprise  saddle skins because stomping around on my giga with big ol’ bunny ears is the best lol
Alas, since I’ve only been playing for two event so far, I don’t have many. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Doomette said:

I vote for surprise  saddle skins because stomping around on my giga with big ol’ bunny ears is the best lol
Alas, since I’ve only been playing for two event so far, I don’t have many. 

Bunny ears??? On a Giga, serious???

Evreybody should know Giga's need glasses to spot Gompies in the foliage!

 

1 hour ago, Zapha said:

I would like it to see a new kind of food which makes it possible to raise babies without login every 2 hours. Even if that special food would be time consuming to make I would prefer it.

Jerky could be that food but if I can only make a stack per day/preserving bin I would need hundreds of preserving bins running all the time.

Stacks of raw meat last about a day, logging in every 2 hours is not needed when using Maewings for babies and enough feeding throuhgs for juvies. 

The numbers of babies you want to raise are more dictating the times you have to log in. Since the introduction of Maewings, R-seeds and incubators breeding is very much simplified.
Ballance the numbers you are raising according to the time you want to spent on meatruns or the size you can spend on species R. The tools are there allready.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MMaas said:

Bunny ears??? On a Giga, serious???

Evreybody should know Giga's need glasses to spot Gompies in the foliage!

 

Stacks of raw meat last about a day, logging in every 2 hours is not needed when using Maewings for babies and enough feeding throuhgs for juvies. 

The numbers of babies you want to raise are more dictating the times you have to log in. Since the introduction of Maewings, R-seeds and incubators breeding is very much simplified.
Ballance the numbers you are raising according to the time you want to spent on meatruns or the size you can spend on species R. The tools are there allready.

Haven’t gotten the achievement for that skin yet 😢

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MMaas said:

Stacks of raw meat last about a day, logging in every 2 hours is not needed when using Maewings for babies and enough feeding throuhgs for juvies. 

In theory I can make great raising setups, but in my practice I have to login every 2 hours, especially if I raise different dinos.

If I don't want to login every 2 hours and don't want starved babies I have to do a several hours long preparation. That's exactly what I don't have in times with low motivation: several hours for preparation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Zapha said:

In theory I can make great raising setups, but in my practice I have to login every 2 hours, especially if I raise different dinos.

If I don't want to login every 2 hours and don't want starved babies I have to do a several hours long preparation. That's exactly what I don't have in times with low motivation: several hours for preparation.

In that case ARK is maybe just not your game anymore.
Balance the numbers to what you are willing to do for it. Login every 2 hours just means you are trying to do too much for the capacity of your base. I've seen mass breeding bases that are only login in once or twice a day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Zapha said:

In theory I can make great raising setups, but in my practice I have to login every 2 hours, especially if I raise different dinos.

If I don't want to login every 2 hours and don't want starved babies I have to do a several hours long preparation. That's exactly what I don't have in times with low motivation: several hours for preparation.

Then u doing it wrong.   One mission on gentwo can take 6minutes and net you 30k hex.  That would fill about 9 tek troughs in 7min.  Doesn’t take hours to prep.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

 

let's be serious here, you can use those tek troughs repeatedly, it's a one time farm.   You average that out for every raise you use them for and it adds, what? another 20seconds?

Oh for sure. But not everyone is at the point where they have or can make 7 tek troughs easy peasy, so it’s not as simple for everyone out there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrumpyBear said:

Then u doing it wrong.   One mission on gentwo can take 6minutes and net you 30k hex.  That would fill about 9 tek troughs in 7min.  Doesn’t take hours to prep.

If you are experienced with the missions. I did only those which I needed for taming low level stryders. The missions are all console style, prestidigitation and capability of reacting is what you need. Old guys like me don't like that.

I also think most ARK players are more older, so the mission designs are a totaly mistake, designed for the youngers which are only a small group of the ARK players.

Edited by Zapha
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zapha said:

If you are experienced with the missions. I did only those which I needed for taming low level stryders. The missions are all console style, prestidigitation and capability of reacting is what you need. Old guys like me don't like that.

I also think most ARK players are more older, so the mission designs are a totaly mistake, designed for the youngers which are only a small group of the ARK players.

You only need a wild tamed giga to handle velon  stalk mission in alpha.   Like or not,  there’s no need to spend 40min doing a meat run.

 

 

4 hours ago, Doomette said:

Oh for sure. But not everyone is at the point where they have or can make 7 tek troughs easy peasy, so it’s not as simple for everyone out there. 

 

Tek troughs can be found in drops on gentwo, the can be had from loot crates bought with hex from missions, and there are several discord servers setup offering free boss runs to everyone.  There's really no reason not to have access to all the bell and whistles in the game.  I'm not even adding in asking other players to make things for you, offering up things for trade to get them from other players, because there's nothing stopping newer players from having access to all the fun stuff.

Edited by GrumpyBear
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

You only need a wild tamed giga to handle velon  stalk mission in alpha.   Like or not,  there’s no need to spend 40min doing a meat run.

 

 

 

Tek troughs can be found in drops on gentwo, the can be had from loot crates bought with hex from missions, and there are several discord servers setup offering free boss runs to everyone.  There's really no reason not to have access to all the bell and whistles in the game.  I'm not even adding in asking other players to make things for you, offering up things for trade to get them from other players, because there's nothing stopping newer players from having access to all the fun stuff.

Oh I wasn’t saying it’s impossible or even that hard, just that not everyone may be ready for your 7min and done response. To get to *that* point may actually take hours of prep work too, and just saying oh just buy a bunch of meat to fill a bunch of tek troughs seems a bit dismissive to those who aren’t already well established in the game. It’s a good goal to get to because man tek troughs are handy, but that doesn’t take away from the annoyance of how micro-managey early game is. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2021 at 12:29 AM, MMaas said:

Funny to see this complaint in a weekend that has 2x breeding ;)
In all fairness, 2x harvesting helps me more to feed babies than 2x breeding alone!

Who's complaining it's merely a suggestion and for the record I was behind a bit , I wasn't aware at the time the even was in progress🤫

More events please and as a special bonus for those of us who work a fifty hour week or more; bring on the 2x breeding and maturation😋

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Donk67 said:

Who's complaining it's merely a suggestion and for the record I was behind a bit , I wasn't aware at the time the even was in progress🤫

More events please and as a special bonus for those of us who work a fifty hour week or more; bring on the 2x breeding and maturation😋

Wasn't ment offensive ;)
The current event is just 3x harvest/tame/XP and again no breeding/imprint.

The thing I like the most about the breeding events is the imprint, that I woul like to see more!

But you made me re-read this thread and it actualy pointed out to me that ARK is turning to "pay to win" since everything on Gen2 is aimed at easier mass breeding. In all fairness, to raise a boss army is just grinding meat when ever it suits you to feed the babies that hatch on command. And even that grind means nothing anymore.
No need to plan the hatching and handfeeding anymore, incubators and maewings cover it all while missions take away the need of meatruns if your R-plants are not giving enough meat. As long as you have acces to Gen2 to obtain these tools.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MMaas said:

Wasn't ment offensive ;)
The current event is just 3x harvest/tame/XP and again no breeding/imprint.

The thing I like the most about the breeding events is the imprint, that I woul like to see more!

But you made me re-read this thread and it actualy pointed out to me that ARK is turning to "pay to win" since everything on Gen2 is aimed at easier mass breeding. In all fairness, to raise a boss army is just grinding meat when ever it suits you to feed the babies that hatch on command. And even that grind means nothing anymore.
No need to plan the hatching and handfeeding anymore, incubators and maewings cover it all while missions take away the need of meatruns if your R-plants are not giving enough meat. As long as you have acces to Gen2 to obtain these tools.

Even if they decreased the imprint duration that would be a help, it used to be a lot longer than eight hours🤔

Gen 2 isn't my go to server, too much lag and disconnection issues in mission, I despair! But yeah, hallelujha for the maewings, the incubators would be fine if you could remove a fully incubated egg without having to hatch it but that's just a minor issue I have with them...... Such is life, most of my time in game is as a solo player just how I like it, my tribe mates; all have lives too so we're pretty much like passing ships in the night.

 

"The current event is just 3x harvest/tame/XP" you say!? Must be time for a meat run or two😉 No offence taken btw.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...