Community Crunch 283: Community Corner, EVO Event and more!

StudioWildcard

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

This week we're taking a look at what's happening in the community in the Community Corner.  Things may seem quiet on the homefront, but we're gearing up for a great close-out to the year!  Lost Islands, three new creatures, another community creature vote, Extra Life, holiday events, and more will give everyone something to enjoy this holiday season!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

An ARK Evolution Event is active until Monday the 13th with the following EVO perks on all Official Servers! 

• 2X Taming
  • 2X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, imprint, and maturation)
  • 2X Harvesting
  • 2X XP
  • 2X Hexagon Bonus

communitycorner.png

clipsvideos.png

Creator: Leo

The various '100 days' series have become popular in the community, so here's a different take: 100 days as a master tamer!

Creator: Cjthecheesedj

Are these these the top 10 traveling creatures to tame?  Chime in and let us know!

fanart_2.png

ARK Raptor evolution to TEK by @Ica7

ark_raptor_evolution_to_tek_by_ica7_deqgnp3-fullview.jpg

Ferox for Jinx by alphaeuscreatives

ferox_for_jinx_by_alphaeuscreatives_deqop4b-fullview.jpg

ARKrptr by salamantha

download (12).jpg

Mei Yin by 龍&玥

download (13).jpg

Prissiie#6186

image0_2.jpg

CryptidCorvids#0449

IMG_20210910_123625_557.jpg

Good luck Shinehorn  by Kitty#7656

basback.jpg

screen.png

@LolosArtCorner  

shinehorn_by_lolosartcorner_deq3pyq-fullview.jpg

@PurdyTrevor

E-3GV7QWQAA5lXD.jpg

@sarrisrainbows

Screenshot_20210905-222805.jpg

Have a great weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

i cant wait for lost island i loved every map that has came to ark so far with scorched earth being my fav but we need a full snowy map for us on ps4 xbox because people on pc can just get maps we can at least give us the ability to download maps from online or something for ps4 and xbox in ark 2 i would love to see that

6 hours ago, lockkill654 said:

we need a full snowy map for us on ps4 xbox

The idea sounds solid in theory but I think in actual practice it's honestly be a nightmare for most players unless there was at least one warm starting area (a natural hot spring or something perhaps?) since you'd be all but forced to try to immediately level fortitude and jump to the fur armor era before the cold killed you.

There’s a sponsored map named Fjordur that is being worked on at the moment that I think will give you the winter map feeling you’re looking for. The map itself is pretty cold (but survivable) AND there’s a mini-map on it you can teleport to (kinda like Gen1 has) that is murder-cold if you want that. It’s a beautiful map and I’m sure it will be official someday. Pretty sure it’s from the same creator of Valguero. You might check it out :)

I really dislike people who complain about something that the devs didn't mean to cause. They don't purposely go "alright lets make the game completely unplayable so that all we get in the comments and reviews are complaints about bad service, doesn't that sound like a great idea?". Being an experienced Scratch programmer, I can understand the struggle and grind.