Would you play on new servers? Non-transferable, fresh start.

haku258

I would start over IF ......... (some ppl would NOT want this because they want everything handed to them for Free without paying a red cent, but I would definitely go for it under the following conditions)

Also before the trolls jump in here and say why dont you just create your own unofficial server or play on an unofficial server or play single player? No .......just No.

I would start over only if the Official Servers were:

1) Under a Paid Subscription (monthly or yearly)

2) Server was on the Best of the Best PC Server Hardware with ALOT of RAM, Bandwidth & Strong Connection.

3) Server had the strongest Ultimate Best of the World Class Best Wild Card GM Support (Example: GM Aytho)

4) Optional PVE Servers that are REGION LOCK: Meaning NA would be True NA (and somehow enforced by some kind of strong verification & monitored) I've nothing against playing on an open world wide server but the lag & server crashes get soooo intense when [][][][][] tribes are on the servers doesnt matter where. When a server goes up after having being crashed? And only people from NA or Canada are online the servers are buttery smooth. But once the [][][][][] hop on everything goes to complete !@#$@!%!

5) Servers would be Official PVE - Zero Mod's (Vanilla Ark)

6) No build zone Radius around ALL Terminals & Note Locations (Including Genesis 2 Terminals) Currently on most Genesis 2 PC PVE servers it is such a cluster !@#$## train wreck around the Terminals blocked by [][][][], their dinos, their random solo gates & 99999999999 pillars & tied foundations.

7) If playing on a Subscription Server: EVO every weekend

8] To play on these servers: The player account must be clean, meaning never ever having any Red Flags or Bans in Ark from any platform.

9) Can only transfer items & Dinos between the paid subscription servers.

Now I know some people would be completely against a Paid Subscription Server & I remember somewhere in the past WC saying they would never do such a thing. But there are many things that WC have said in the past they would not do but have done.

Also a Paid Subscription would weed out ALOT of the Freeloaders & Beggars.  The paid subscription server is optional,  if they still want to play for Free? Leave them on what currently exists.

The only thing that would get me back to PvP on official would be a closed cluster, 1 of each map, no creature transfers between maps (character & items freely transferable). Ideally it would be no-build in caves or round the obs, but that's not so important.

p.s. Fert eggs should be transferable - not trying to keep the maps "pure", just making inter map raiding a lot harder and trying to tip the balance a bit towards the defender as it should be. If a workable ORP system was available (could be done, all lockable structures default to locked and can't be pin-coded would cover a lot of it, then that would also be good).

4 hours ago, FeyGriffin said:

The only thing that would get me back to PvP on official would be a closed cluster, 1 of each map, no creature transfers between maps (character & items freely transferable). Ideally it would be no-build in caves or round the obs, but that's not so important.

p.s. Fert eggs should be transferable - not trying to keep the maps "pure", just making inter map raiding a lot harder and trying to tip the balance a bit towards the defender as it should be. If a workable ORP system was available (could be done, all lockable structures default to locked and can't be pin-coded would cover a lot of it, then that would also be good).

Crossark servers are exactly what you first said, one of each map isolated from the main official servers (I play crossark13 pvp), I agree I would 100% be down for a server wipe aswell as dinos being locked to each map, heck I’d even be down for servers to be player locked no transferring, I like the politics of server alpha/beta and bobs ect 

15 hours ago, Kilantiz said:

I would start over IF ......... (some ppl would NOT want this because they want everything handed to them for Free without paying a red cent, but I would definitely go for it under the following conditions)

Also before the trolls jump in here and say why dont you just create your own unofficial server or play on an unofficial server or play single player? No .......just No.

I would start over only if the Official Servers were:

1) Under a Paid Subscription (monthly or yearly)

2) Server was on the Best of the Best PC Server Hardware with ALOT of RAM, Bandwidth & Strong Connection.

3) Server had the strongest Ultimate Best of the World Class Best Wild Card GM Support (Example: GM Aytho)

4) Optional PVE Servers that are REGION LOCK: Meaning NA would be True NA (and somehow enforced by some kind of strong verification & monitored) I've nothing against playing on an open world wide server but the lag & server crashes get soooo intense when [][][][][] tribes are on the servers doesnt matter where. When a server goes up after having being crashed? And only people from NA or Canada are online the servers are buttery smooth. But once the [][][][][] hop on everything goes to complete !@#$@!%!

5) Servers would be Official PVE - Zero Mod's (Vanilla Ark)

6) No build zone Radius around ALL Terminals & Note Locations (Including Genesis 2 Terminals) Currently on most Genesis 2 PC PVE servers it is such a cluster !@#$## train wreck around the Terminals blocked by [][][][], their dinos, their random solo gates & 99999999999 pillars & tied foundations.

7) If playing on a Subscription Server: EVO every weekend

8] To play on these servers: The player account must be clean, meaning never ever having any Red Flags or Bans in Ark from any platform.

9) Can only transfer items & Dinos between the paid subscription servers.

Now I know some people would be completely against a Paid Subscription Server & I remember somewhere in the past WC saying they would never do such a thing. But there are many things that WC have said in the past they would not do but have done.

Also a Paid Subscription would weed out ALOT of the Freeloaders & Beggars.  The paid subscription server is optional,  if they still want to play for Free? Leave them on what currently exists.

This actually is an amazing idea, a paid subscription to some servers just for ppl without bans would be a good start since this week i just got robbed of 30k ings and all bps xD I really miss those warly days where having a 500%melee rex would be insane, now anything below 1250 is garbage. And yes a good GM would be needed since some of them only help when they feel like it. The one we have on 1527 is really amazing. But yeah a fresh start is needed and would even bring some old players back home

I don't think I would, As someone who works full time and plays on official, it would likely take years to even scratch the surface of end game & by then I may be barely playing the game. It's due to trading and end game players that have allowed my tribe and I on PVE OFFICIAL to have the vanilla ark experience and reach Tek. 

But! if it was boosted like Gen 2 then yes, with the missions, HLNA store and effects, I would start over fresh on a new server, it gives options to the grind, grind missions or materials normally, which makes breeding faster also. This is just my personal preference for gaming, I like to reach end game preferably before burn out, but if that happens I usually revisit them later on, which I believe the Paid Subscription would be Great! if it also removed decay timers from structures. I know there has to be some method of cleaning the map from inactive players, I'm unsure of what would be better to use, but if I am paying to play, I would like to come back after burn out to a structure and dino's I dumped hundreds of hours into creating. 

You'll most likely just say rent a server, but I enjoy the community and vanilla experience official PVE maps provide, so I accept that if/when I stop playing Ark 1 and everything decays, I wouldn't play Ark again until Ark 2 releases, these are just my thoughts and opinions of the topic. 

Archived