Survive The Ark

haku258

Has anyone done Survive The Ark on alpha? I tried it twice with a full party and we got wiped on round 1. I can easily solo it on Beta, with 3 or 4 sets of high dura flak armor, brews, water and food and just piking everything on round 1 and then tek bow til the end. But i tried soloing alpha and it seems impossible. Any got  a strat for that?

alfa version is realy hardcore. dinos have big dmg biger speed than normal dinos (withouth reason).
i complete this mission with 300hp 300weight and 278 speed. 2 stack heal potions 2sets flak armor +1set exotek(no heads i use exotek head) 35 focal chilli soups, 30 stimulants. you need many water. and food. in this mission you have infinite stamina but water fall rapidly. 

in mission you need run run run and be untouchable. take bow  run and shot. in first round. we need one ppl and give him every small dinos. this man need collect 1500 ponts for collect cluster grenades.other ppl kill wyvern rexes trikes. after first ppl collect grenades , take dinos on one big group rotate around and shots a nd trouw grenades.(grenades work in first person view!) other ppl best is if have 1000points for buy longnes rifle.(slow but 1500 damage)

in scorch round  kill fast as posible lighting wyvern, fire wyvern. careful on poison wyvern! (use exotek or tek helmets)
in abberation round. careful on basilisks (use exotek or tek helmets)

in redwood round careful. carnos dot. block healing. watch on your torpor so many frogs ans trodons asleep you verry fast. by ready use stimulants. if you eat stimulants dont drink. wait after water deplete to 0 and drink.
in extintion round kill first scouts! scouts have stun withouth cd.  
in genesis round  kill woid wyrm fast. kill shadowmanes. and srun run run 🙂
last round best is if one ppl have 10000 points  afrer we kill 20 dodos dodorex coming, buy dragon and kill dodorex. if you dont have points use allosaurs for dot, 

best weapons .ranged wooden bow, longnes rifle, tekbow,
melee: spear, pike,tek sword. (careful dont touch arthropluera with meele weapon.you kill self 🙂 !!!!) 
explosives, cluster grenades, rocket launcher

shoulder cannon is verry helpful. long range, overcharge mode. 100elements in inventory.

here s another way . meele. spend points in hp weight damage and some speed i complete beta only with meele (600%damage) and shoulder cannon kill dodorex with tek sword and damage buf in 4 seconds. 210k dmg per hit. 

on alpha .spear with 600% dmg in stats give 1200 dmg.

This is my favourite mission, I go spear to start and then tek rifle for the remainder and max out the tames. I can do gamma and beta fairly easily after practice and I'm still working on alpha, but I know it's do-able, just need that lucky run.. and improve my skills more prob.

There are many youtube vods of people doing it solo on alpha too - it is possible.

I find it odd you can't do with a full group, although there seem to be a lot of ppl in Ark who don't worry about prep, hp / gear management and just turn up and hope for the best (not knocking that approach, it works for the majority of the rest of Ark, even bosses, but when it comes to some missions it doesn't go well and they can't be carried, if players want to survive and contribute they need to focus and understand what is going on - but that's not really what they signed up for, even in pvp .. so fair enough really).

alpha dificulty is another level. more hard than beta. dinos destroy your dura caped equip on 3 -5 bites. in alpha mode you need by untouchable.  
youtube videos is good but many videos is a from singleplayer. or 2months+ old. month + back in one patch dinos obtain speed boost. so before this patch you with 200 speed = winner. now you need 280speed. this is big diference.

Archived