Giga baby raising

Arkal

What the title says. Can I just use raw meat and fill 1-2 Maewings till they can’t hold any more meat? I can easily fill 2 Maewings if I go on a meat run, I have like 6 Maewings so yeah will this be enough? Every now and then I like to refresh the meat timers. I probably won’t leave it when I go to sleep. Also I have 2 Rexs, 3 Voidwyrms, and a shadowmane on 2 Maewings and they are doing great, will the giga eat more food then all of these dinos? Equal or less than? Please help. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mai said:

i've raised 4 gigas early this week with just one maewing 600 weight over night after hatching with a stack of salt to help for first couple hours. Still had plenty of meat 8 hrs later

On official, Iv attempted to do yuties with a full tough....all but the one with a food mutation died due to starving and supposedly gigas eat more than anything in baby stage.....Id strongly urge you to use cropods for the first few days, just to be sure

5 hours ago, Arkal said:

Can Maewings pick up Gigas on pve official? Because I had it literally touching it and it wouldn’t pick it up and I kept trying this and then it died :(. It was in its nursing effectiveness range and the maewing had food and it still died.

Unfortunately they can't pick up Giga kids. Keep in mind, the baby must be claimed to be nursed and nursing have to be turned on. Giga's just starve very quick when not feeded, If starving was an Olympic sport Giga kids would have won gold.

On 9/7/2021 at 1:59 AM, Arkal said:

What the title says. Can I just use raw meat and fill 1-2 Maewings till they can’t hold any more meat? I can easily fill 2 Maewings if I go on a meat run, I have like 6 Maewings so yeah will this be enough? Every now and then I like to refresh the meat timers. I probably won’t leave it when I go to sleep. Also I have 2 Rexs, 3 Voidwyrms, and a shadowmane on 2 Maewings and they are doing great, will the giga eat more food then all of these dinos? Equal or less than? Please help. Thanks.

It depends on your server of course - I'm on Official PvE.

I usually just use one Maewing for every 6-7 gigas and check once or twice a day to dump the spoiled and fill it back up. It works perfectly.

f

On 9/7/2021 at 2:15 AM, wizard03 said:

On official, Iv attempted to do yuties with a full tough....all but the one with a food mutation died due to starving and supposedly gigas eat more than anything in baby stage.....Id strongly urge you to use cropods for the first few days, just to be sure

forgot to mention in my reply that it was official server

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Kristofer said:

If you go to Crumplecorn website, it has all the food info on every dino. Telling you how much food they need per day.

This here is the best info to give, except they haven't updated it for the new gen2 dinos. I'm hoping they do. As for gigas and most other things they do have so it's great. People that raise gigas now with maewings have NO CLUE how hard it used to be. I mean before maewings and cryopods, it was crazy but we still did it, staying up all night to raise giga babies. I kinda miss it. ( kidding)

9 hours ago, Sativa420 said:

This here is the best info to give, except they haven't updated it for the new gen2 dinos. I'm hoping they do. As for gigas and most other things they do have so it's great. People that raise gigas now with maewings have NO CLUE how hard it used to be. I mean before maewings and cryopods, it was crazy but we still did it, staying up all night to raise giga babies. I kinda miss it. ( kidding)

I raised one giga baby pre-maewing and had a fully grown adult so I could have a breeding  pair. Got a couple of eggs from them just in case but didn’t raise any more because yeesh. And that was with cryopods. Since the maewing I have raised 5 more I think. They are hands-down the best QoL tame for me. And so easy to tame (though that means my jerboa hoard has been surpassed with a maewing hoard 😬 ). Y’all who were around pre-pods? Ugh I raise a glass to you.

On 9/17/2021 at 3:04 AM, Kristofer said:

If you go to Crumplecorn website, it has all the food info on every dino. Telling you how much food they need per day.

They do a great job, the only thing you have to take in account that ARK seems to calculate first the spoilage and then the consumption when you log on again. This caused the loss of about 15 giga kids over time.

And something you have to pay attention to in PvE is ALLIES: When friends with the best intentions visit your base on a hungry (recovering?) dino it will consume the content of your throughs.

20 hours ago, Sativa420 said:

My first 2 eggs took me about 6 or 7 weeks, got 1 M and 2 F's. Ofcourse I lost 1 of the F's within a few days... Drowned overencumbered when defending when I defended myself against a few megs.
But serious, that first few hours handfeeding gave raising Giga's a certain level of status that is killed by Maewings.
And raising Giga's without pods? That is just a legend the old ones want is to believe ;)

Archived