Base gone but nothing in logs?

Kotegee

Hello so me, my friend and my sibling refresh one pve base we still have, everything was fine until now. I admit we dont get online too often but usually fast enough to refresh it.. so one time my friend went online and most of the base was gone so she rebuilt it. Now today my sibling came online to see that the base (except some stuff like vaults) was gone... BUT there was no decay message in tribe logs.. what could have happened?

On 9/4/2021 at 11:12 AM, Kotegee said:

Hello so me, my friend and my sibling refresh one pve base we still have, everything was fine until now. I admit we dont get online too often but usually fast enough to refresh it.. so one time my friend went online and most of the base was gone so she rebuilt it. Now today my sibling came online to see that the base (except some stuff like vaults) was gone... BUT there was no decay message in tribe logs.. what could have happened?

Most likely scenario, base decayed, your tribemate fixed, logged out, server crashed, rolled back to before tribemate fixed base, timers continued to count down as if noone visited the base, the rest of the base fell or it was left in same state as before your tribemate showed to fix stuff.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, Kotegee said:

What could have happened is that you where robbed. If the server did reroll and your base went past the timers, if someone else is there, the base wont auto-decay. But instead it will be destructable by other players. Maybe a player was there to rob-raid your stuff and manually took down your base. It depends on the size of your base and how it was build, if it is probable that person manually demolished all your structures and foundations.

2 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

What could have happened is that you where robbed. If the server did reroll and your base went past the timers, if someone else is there, the base wont auto-decay. But instead it will be destructable by other players. Maybe a player was there to rob-raid your stuff and manually took down your base. It depends on the size of your base and how it was build, if it is probable that person manually demolished all your structures and foundations.

ah ha !~ that makes huge sense, I forgot about that fact.  People must have been watching that base with glee waiting for that timer to go up.  

3 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

So it doesn’t show when other players demolish stuff with expired decay countdowns in the logs? I had wondering about that after coming across some demolishable dedi boxes. 

11 minutes ago, Doomette said:

So it doesn’t show when other players demolish stuff with expired decay countdowns in the logs? I had wondering about that after coming across some demolishable dedi boxes. 

That is correct, it won't show in logs if a player broke it when timer runs out.  You only get the notice when it's auto-decayed.

Archived