Community Crunch 282: Introducing Sinomacrops, Sponsored Mods, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

5 hours ago, LeviMori said:

They could add some large carnivorous dinosaurs such as Ceratosaurus Carcharodontosaurus Concavenator and suchomimus 

Three of those were in the voting options already. Suchomimus and ceratosaurus might still make it in the future (granted if they do I feel that they should replace the carno and bary to avoid niche overlap) but the given the way some carcharadontosaurus supporters have approached the entire situation I wouldn't be surprised if WC refused to add it now purely out of spite. Concavenator being added potentially runs into the same issue that deinonsuchus does where the mod creator would come down on them.

22 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Again, That's just a smaller giga... what you want is a to make the giga smaller... not a charhcaradontosaurus.

And raptors would be a glorified troodon still I would like to see it in ark 2 though and if they just added carconadonthosaurus to ark 2that would do a lot in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Ofren said:

Even if it had not been rigged this probably would still be added and it is useful seeing as it is pretty much an early game glider suit

I know it probably would've still been added anyway, but adding it during the submissions and all of that was a bad call, since they knew the same creature was part of a rigged submission even if that submission didn't effect the outcome. The problem with sino's usage is that it gets slowly worse the farther you progress into the game, as the abilities start to came into play less, unlike the Otter or Noglin, where their abilities are universally good no matter how far into the game you are. 

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, TyranntX said:

No, because V-raptors would add something new, Carcaradontosaurus would not

Charconadnthosaurus has a very powerful bite is relatively fast will have a smell ability and excels at harvesting prime meat. What does your raptor do other than be a aberrant raptor that's harder to tame than troodon.

2 hours ago, Compyking said:

Charconadnthosaurus has a very powerful bite is relatively fast will have a smell ability and excels at harvesting prime meat. What does your raptor do other than be a aberrant raptor that's harder to tame than troodon.

If I might jump in here since I was the one that started this with my little dossier blurb; my idea when I threw out the concept was for it to simply be a low to middle tier guard dog/alarm system/harasser for pvp since the game has (in my opinion) begun to feel increasingly hostile to starting players with the introduction of more and more late game tames. I felt that having a small swarm of creatures that can latch onto a player would be somewhat more advantageous to a single man sized creature performing a pin or grab as that would mean multiple targets stacking bleed that would have to be fought off of an individual. It's not even really harder than troodon, you just tranq and shank some hapless animal and get out of aggro range. Additionally the unique taming method plus their abundance would provide a challenge for starting and established players alike as failing to properly prep for a taming attempt should be met with resistance. Their unique taming method being akin to troodon and/or pegos (I.e. You lose something to gain something) would at least mean some sort of reward for a botched tame so players wouldn't be completely left out to dry.

7 hours ago, Compyking said:

That's just a Giga TLC, again... that's all you want.

V-raptor on the other hand would aggro bigger animals and deal extra damage the bigger the target is. In addition to having a speed buff to allies and a pack buff because velociraptor.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:40 PM, BrandaciousKing said:

I am really disappointed wildcard. Seriously. The damn sinomacrops was rigged by a damn youtuber. Carcharodontosaurus should have been the third creature. Thanks a lot guys for listening to a rigged vote.

Carcha was also rigged by a youtuber and was an exact copy of AAs one. And the 2nd vote wasn't rigged for it, only the top 10 was, and honestly an aqua shoulda won, it's the most if not 2nd most repetitive and abandoned area

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Carcha was also rigged by a youtuber and was an exact copy of AAs one. And the 2nd vote wasn't rigged for it, only the top 10 was, and honestly an aqua shoulda won, it's the most if not 2nd most repetitive and abandoned area

Eh, we've no clue the extent to which the ocean will even be worth exploring. I mean yea pearl farming and oil are always a necessity but with the oceans being pretty much the same on every map that has one I don't think the monotony would have been mitigated by a new aquatic predator.

As a primarily solo player, none of the new creatures really seem all that useful. Perhaps my neutrality on the subject matter invalidates anything that I might have to say here.

The bickering amongst the community, however, is quite petty... Those that are complaining really need to take these simple facts into account; no one here is forcing you to tame the Sinomicrops and no one here is forcing you to play the Lost Island. If there exists a creature that you aren't interested in taming, ignore it (or kill it for the meat and the hide). That's what I am going to do.

I can understand the frustration that most of you are feeling. It feels like the person that undermined and rigged the voting process was still rewarded. However, as far as I can tell, the decision was made by Wild Card. Move on from this and hope that the next round of voting is more to your liking.

If I am being honest, the idea of another theropod and another shoulder pet is highly unappealing.

I never got the chance to voice my own opinion. If I had, I would have preferred something along the lines of a medium-sized vulpine (because foxes are my favorite animals) with the ability and to act as a bloodhound; alerting their owner to incoming danger and scouting the terrain for caves and dossier caches. Optimally, it could be used alongside a Hyaenodon pack in order to aid in traversing any Ark for long periods of time (especially at night) without the need to return to, or establish, a base.

Would it be ideal for larger tribes? Probably not. But, for smaller tribes or solo players, it could be a potential boon. This is just the idea of a solo player though.

In any case, I read through the comments and felt like voicing my opinion when I saw just how toxic things have become...

Edited by N7_Sinner
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, N7_Sinner said:

I would have preferred something along the lines of a medium-sized vulpine

Only issue with that is we don't  have a lot of prehistoric vulpines, less so ones that can dredge up real interest. The best we've got is V.qiuzhudingi which doesn't have a lot of wow factor. Now if we were to stick to looking at caniforma for candidates I'd argue that Amphicyonids could fit the bill.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:42 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Eh, we've no clue the extent to which the ocean will even be worth exploring. I mean yea pearl farming and oil are always a necessity but with the oceans being pretty much the same on every map that has one I don't think the monotony would have been mitigated by a new aquatic predator.

I voted  for the tanystopheus in the first round but now that I think about it you are right from videos I have seen of people on the modded version of this map it does not look like there is a lot of ocean