Community Crunch 282: Introducing Sinomacrops, Sponsored Mods, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

its not whining it is stating your opinion and i think every has the right to say what they want

its not about what community wants to see it is there choice and they pick alot from youtubers

just as all this hype about new maps new building structures or adding s+ hgbuild stuff

if they want it they will add it we dont get too choose so makes me wonder why the even ask us what we think 

just my opinion again on all this stuff

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I don't think this thing's gonna deter nameless given they have a very specific mechanic, spiders or arthros either given they're in a larger category. Dilos and everything smaller however should definitely be deterred. 

It stated in it's dossier it would act aggressive to bugs bigger than it. so unless the target is the brood-mother I doubt they'd be out of the running

On 9/4/2021 at 2:03 AM, EndlessDuck said:

My god these creatures are so useless and bad. You outdid yourselves devs.

What a bunch of loser devs they are. They didnt add the Dinopithecus, because they CANT. HAHAHAHAHA !!
They fail so hard. Its the most LOL Ive ever seen. 
Good luck to them making Ark 2. 0.o
There is no fooling us anymore. They cant make anything like it should be... EVER

Edited by SunsetErosion

17 minutes ago, Miesen043 said:

Any small creature approaching someone with a tame Sinomacrops will be met with its flashing eyespots and  piercing shriek. That’s usually enough to stun an undersized interloper.

It probably won't 'attack' anything bigger then a raptor 

Unless it's a bug like the dossier states... which means it could in theory aggro on a mantis.

face the facts people we dont get what we think would be best for game they add what they want to add

they said we were getting S+ added then there was hg build was to be added and now new maps etc

these stuff will not happen until they add it to the game directly stop with the mods otherwise console players will get nothing and as for the dino's being added  they dont choose by our votes it is chosen from youtubers

still makes me wonder why they even ask us to vote!!!!!!

1 hour ago, SunsetErosion said:

What a bunch of loser devs they are. They didnt add the Dinopithecus, because they CANT. HAHAHAHAHA !!
They fail so hard. Its the most LOL Ive ever seen. 
There is no fooling us anymore. They cant make anything like it should be... EVER

They are still adding the dinopithecus but this is also getting added basically both sinomacrops and dinopithecus are getting added

50 minutes ago, Ofren said:

They are still adding the dinopithecus but this is also getting added basically both sinomacrops and dinopithecus are getting added

OMG so my bad! I dont know why this was so unclear to me. The post regarding the Sinomacrops made it look to me like they made the decision to add the "final added" creature and it would be the Sinomacrops. I was so in fond of the added feats that would go with the Dinopithecus. They could make such a good step on adding that one with way a more dynamic game-mechanics. They could take that with them to Ark 2. Thats why my mis-reading made me so Giga dissapointed. Fingers crossed and hope the Dinopithecus is going to be awesome!

Edit: Though Im still worried about the fact they have such problems keeping Gen2 running at least... decent. I think the recent opening of transfering in, and since that map is the next everything, I imagen everyone migrating to Gen2 is causing insane problems. I think they can let other maps run on "cheaper" servers. I think only Gen2 is gonig to need to have ultra-high end servers now. Especially the way ark is now...

Edited by SunsetErosion

3 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Whatever they do or whatever poopy mob they add game will still be unplayable exactly as ark 1  is now.

Unless they get better servers and better network.

Ops roll back, didn't wrote anything, will do when i find out why should i post anything.

Sick of server crashes and roll backs.

9 minutes ago, Noa said:

Unless they get better servers and better network.

Ops roll back, didn't wrote anything, will do when i find out why should i post anything.

Im not sure what you are saying. You are making fun of me?  I made a horrible mistake tho, so its all good :)
Though indeed they have to change so much to not Dilo up everything at least ones every month...
I dont think the servers are so bad. I think the way Ark is made is asking so much from servers. 
On PvE servers especially i think. There is so Giga much happening and the servers have so much data I think the servers arent bad. The way ark is made just ask a lot from a server. Im no server expert, but I imagen all the baby raising, cloning, missions, wildlife and all player activity is next level hard for even the best servers in the world.

4 hours ago, TyranntX said:

It stated in it's dossier it would act aggressive to bugs bigger than it. so unless the target is the brood-mother I doubt they'd be out of the running

Eh, I guess it ultimately depends on the creature's size itself. If it's roughly the same size as the larger shoulder pets then perhaps, but if it's only comparable in size to something like a noglin or dimorph which tend to be smaller/comparable in size to the ants then it's utility in punching up is kinda up for speculation in my opinion.

4 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

They didnt add the Dinopithecus, because they CANT.

They didn't add it because the map it belongs to isnt out yet. 

8 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Eh, I guess it ultimately depends on the creature's size itself. If it's roughly the same size as the larger shoulder pets then perhaps, but if it's only comparable in size to something like a noglin or dimorph which tend to be smaller/comparable in size to the ants then it's utility in punching up is kinda up for speculation in my opinion.

Given how it's used as a glider pack (which is oddly sizable) it must be large enough to support the weight of a survivor to do so, unlike the archy which is barely larger than a microraptor. Either way, it's going to be a fine tool for caving (Especially in those with lots of insects).

13 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

They didn't add it because the map it belongs to isnt out yet. 

Not sure why you dont understand that what I said with that is that they didnt add the Dinopithecus to the upcomming dlc and its added feats/creatures etc as a whole. The creature to BE added... OK?? Anyone would understand that when the whole competition etc was about that. Not that it matters anymore, I appearantly misread the posts about the Sinomacrops beeing the (competition-result) creature to be added.

9 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Given how it's used as a glider pack (which is oddly sizable) it must be large enough to support the weight of a survivor to do so, unlike the archy which is barely larger than a microraptor. Either way, it's going to be a fine tool for caving (Especially in those with lots of insects).

My guess is that its a good pet for playing on The Lost Island, when its still an isolated map. When tek and all comes in and tranfers will be open this creature is going to be a useless add, because people are not going to need it anymore and forget about it.

35 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Not sure why you dont understand that what I said with that is that they didnt add the Dinopithecus to the upcomming dlc and its added feats/creatures etc as a whole

Because that's not what you said anywhere in the post? You said "the dinopithecus", no mention of its abilities anywhere in the post I quoted. Some advice for the future: learn to make your statements clear rather than just assuming people will understand your intent.

30 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

My guess is that its a good pet for playing on The Lost Island, when its still an isolated map. When tek and all comes in and tranfers will be open this creature is going to be a useless add, because people are not going to need it anymore and forget about it.

Given that this map is supposed to be more or less hostile to tek (what with the amarga wrecking anything above hide armor and the dinopithecus' tek disabling dung) it may yet see extended use. The map is supposed to be about returning to basics after all.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

44 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Fair point, here's hoping that once it's out it actually looks decent on a player's shoulder rather than looking really awkward like the ichthyornis does.

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

You said "the dinopithecus", no mention of its abilities anywhere in the post I quoted.

I normally dont have much problems with people, not understanding me...
Though again you missed my point lol. I said the DLC and the stuff that comes with the dlc, nothing to do with the feat/abilities of the Dinopithecus. Didint put might thought in the post. But my guess is you sometimes just meet the kind of people that are so not on the same "line" as yourself. For that I think we will just never understand eachother lol. Im online a lot, though my first language isnt english so there might be some misinterpretation anyway...

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Given that this map is supposed to be more or less hostile to tek (what with the amarga wrecking anything above hide armor and the dinopithecus' tek disabling dung) it may yet see extended use. The map is supposed to be about returning to basics after all.

Didnt know that. Not sure what the Amarga is and in what way the environment is "hostile" to tek. Is it disabled alltogether or something like a constant wearing-out, like with the Hazard suit? Yeah, it might have some extended use. But with at least chiting armoring beeing the best armor (They should also add Dino armor with Chitin as crafting ingredient...) it should or could be a decent battlefield add. But I dont know its survivability against most common battlefield weapons. So I still doubt it beeing functional in end game matters. Maybe they could add a block or wearout on most probably tek saddles and maybe have saddles based on metal being fastly worn out. (Like the environment being extremely corosive or something)

Edited by SunsetErosion

as said above so read this carefully

face the facts people we dont get what we think would be best for game they add what they want to add

they said we were getting S+ added then there was hg build was to be added and now new maps etc

these stuff will not happen until they add it to the game directly stop with the mods otherwise console players will get nothing and as for the dino's being added  they dont choose by our votes it is chosen from youtubers

still makes me wonder why they even ask us to vote!!!!!!

• Facepalm 1

gente eu só gostaria de ver o carcha por que ele é meio diferente...mesmo parecendo um giga...nao ouve adição de terópodis novos desde quando?valgueiro?quando lançou esse mapa mesmo a muito tempo atraz entao dizem quem o sucho seria uma boa ou o cerato mais sempre viria alguem e falaria aff mais um terópode no jogo.a quanto tempo nao vemos um téropode ou uma criatura de ombro ou até mesmo mais um primata no jogo entao poderiam ser adiçoes que iram ajudar muito.Até o bisao de desse para os filhotes de wyvern confundir o leite de bisao com de wyvern...ja o sino acho ele intereçante até mesmo depois do ték pois nem o tek te proteje de microraptors ou até malditos pelicanos...suas asas sao incriveis e belas...eespero que de para colocar um capacete neles como em outros...porem realment eum carcha seria uma boa mais que ele nao retirasse dinos importantes para nós...que ele tivesse um bonus contra saurópods...e talvez pegar um dino na boca do tamanho de um raptor...porem selvagem poderia morrer ou matar um rex e fosse um pouco mais raro tipo um tropeo

seriamente se outro dino entrasse como sucho falariam eita mais um terópode no jogo ou uma versao do bary ... o cerato falariam versao de carno ou projeto de allo ... bisao aff mais um mamifero no jogo ... baleia (mobsausage) evolução de basilo ... lidisichys domavel ... gorgonops ... projeto de cachorro mal feito..variação da purlovia só que montavel ... e ainda tem coragem de falar que o carcha tiraria o posto de dinos usados mais nao pensaram nisso na votação do dinopitechus? legal ele escala ... rip deinonichus + leo marsupial ... ele taca merda e granada ... rip chalico ... ele usa armas ... pronto ai ja e demais nunca mais vao usar leoa marsupial nem nas cavernas por que tera um macaco q atirara granadas e atirar iraar em morcegos ... entao nem vem falar que o carcha tiraria as abilidades dos dinos ...fora isso falam que ele e uma variação do rex porem quem disse que haviria rex ou giga nesse mapa? o aberração nao tem rex porem tem a reaper ... e falam caramba tem muitos terópodis no jogo entao adicionem algo que nao tem muito no jogo como o deinosuchus...só temos 2 crocodillos no jogo e eu me surpriendi quando nao vi um tipo de sauropod ou crocodiliano na votação...serio temos 3 sauropods no jogo...e seria um serve pra nada a nao ser xp e couro no inicio e que irrita(diplodoco) ai teremos mais um só que pequeno...entao ta podem continuar reclamando...gostam de falar que as pessoas choram pelo carcha...eu nao acho isso

Edited by SamuraiGamer